Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Option B PSI pressure test ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 06:05 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Option B PSI pressure test ?

Hey guys, my tech is currently doing a pressure test on my option B tank where the cap screws on of course in order to check for any coolant leaks however in not sure what the correct PSI should be to put it under ?

I've been told that you can pressure test the option B system at 15 psi but then I'm also being told not to put it under anything more than 5 psi or it will blow the cap so which is it ?

To be safe for now I told my tech to put it under no more than a max of 5 psi just to be safe however I really want to ensure that we've stopped this internal coolant leak into my intake manifold after my dual pass option b install so if we should be putting it under more than 5 psi in order to check for leaks please let me know thanks guys
Old 08-17-2017, 07:52 PM

Received 60 Likes on 60 Posts
Whatever the cap pressure is listed as, should be safe to test. I think it's 15psi on the option B tank (same as the coolant tank), so you can do that safely.

The way those seals are, they should hold 30psi. If something leaks at 15, it's only a little bit away from leaking at 5.
Old 08-17-2017, 09:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Perfect thanks Joe will test her at 15