Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

ottp order and install gone bad

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 02:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ottp order and install gone bad

http://www.******************/forums...o-t-t-p-d.html

I ordered over $600.00 Canadian, damn near 800 after brokerage fees, on Feb.25 and just received the last part April 27th. Way over the 1.5 weeks to build... but that wasn't my problem, the problem was the flaws in the parts (D/p especially, and a dented H/e) I'm more concerned about this raspy, bad welded, too short D/p. There are vids in the link above on page 3. I'd like them to replace this D/p with a new one, with a different/better flex pipe. The flex pipe is where this annoying sound is coming from.
Discuss....
Old 04-29-2010, 02:43 PM

Link no worky. Try adding spaces between the .'s

Like so:

www . g5club . net/anotheruselessthreadwithnoperformanceknowledgewhat soever
Old 04-29-2010, 02:44 PM
Haz l33t wheelz.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
take it up with the vendor, no need to post here.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:46 PM
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
in for boobies.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by utsadude
Link no worky. Try adding spaces between the .'s

Like so:

www . g5club . net/anotheruselessthreadwithnoperformanceknowledgewhat soever

http://www . redlineforums . com/forums/problems-troubleshooting/44637-3-o-t-t-p-d.html

Originally Posted by ls1fbody
take it up with the vendor, no need to post here.
I've been trying to "take it up with the vendor". How else am I going to get anything to happen If I don't??? If they're so busy, maybe they should have done things right the first time.

Last edited by speeding ticket; 04-29-2010 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-29-2010, 02:57 PM
Platinum Member

call them or email them. no need to make an account here just to complain.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:58 PM

Try and Try and Try again to get the vender to listen then if they don't post here...
Old 04-29-2010, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by EXsoccer1921
call them or email them. no need to make an account here just to complain.
I've always had an account here.... I usually do more reading than posting, like most people should.....
of course I emailed them and spoke with them on the phone. I figured this is a decent reason to use my membership and give a heads up, or something. It sounds like you guys don't mind spending hundreds of dollars for garbage. that's not true is it?
Old 04-29-2010, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by speeding ticket
I've always had an account here.... I usually do more reading than posting, like most people should.....
of course I emailed them and spoke with them on the phone. I figured this is a decent reason to use my membership and give a heads up, or something. It sounds like you guys don't mind spending hundreds of dollars for garbage. that's not true is it?
x2!!!
Old 04-29-2010, 03:20 PM

CTI downpipe? Cuz I have the exact same raspy poopy noise comin outta mine and was told its my header that's the problem, not the d/p. Something about the header causing the dp to be tweaked just a little at the flex to cause said noise. On top of that, my O2 bung was welded in the wrong spot and just today, my car is throwing a code for cat efficiency. I'm not bashing OTT, but if we both have the same problem on an identical part, then its most likely not my header causing this. Sub'd to see what other opinions there are and if Josh or Sean chime in
Old 04-29-2010, 03:21 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by speeding ticket
because we've never recieved garbage, so yeah they're gonna keep getting my business. i ordered everything that went on my car from OTTP save for my hahn exhaust. everything was intact, quality was awesome, customer service was awesome. and i'm a patient person so if anything was to ever go wrong i know how to contact them and get it resolved.

you have to remember, you're in canada...they aren't. that package is going to be man handled like no other. and who knows where all it went and what it went through.

Last edited by EXsoccer1921; 04-29-2010 at 03:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-29-2010, 03:22 PM
Haz l33t wheelz.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i've ordered thousands of dollars worth of stuff.

Your username does not inspire confidence in your maturity level either.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:25 PM

i dont think because of him being in canada it caused more damage to his packages. whats the difference from being state to state and country to country.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by ~Mike~
CTI downpipe? Cuz I have the exact same raspy poopy noise comin outta mine and was told its my header that's the problem, not the d/p. Something about the header causing the dp to be tweaked just a little at the flex to cause said noise. On top of that, my O2 bung was welded in the wrong spot and just today, my car is throwing a code for cat efficiency. I'm not bashing OTT, but if we both have the same problem on an identical part, then its most likely not my header causing this. Sub'd to see what other opinions there are and if Josh or Sean chime in
So obviously they don't have a clue then. My wide band bung is also in a bad spot. I WAS not out to bash anyone or anything, it's just after 2 months of waiting FOR THIS. At the least I was let done, and my car is still not running they way I wanted it this summer. I was kept in suspense for nothing....

because we've never recieved garbage, so yeah they're gonna keep getting my business. i ordered everything that went on my car from OTTP save for my hahn exhaust. everything was intact, quality was awesome, customer service was awesome. and i'm a patient person so if anything was to ever go wrong i know how to contact them and get it resolved.

you have to remember, you're in canada...they aren't. that package is going to be man handled like no other. and who knows where all it went and what it went through.
a 2 month wait was not my problem, it was the D/p. And now you expect me to be patient after this? I have been civil.... If i don't see anything happen now, i never will. You expect me to trust a total stranger....
like i said, I'm not worried about the dent in the h/e. I just don't want this annoying sound coming from my car. If I would have known this I would have kept my stocker.
All I want is an answer to my problem. "Yes, we will send you another D/p with a different flex pipe, good welds, with no brokerage fees and a pre-paid package so you can send us the old D/p back"
would that be so much to ask for?

Originally Posted by ls1fbody
i've ordered thousands of dollars worth of stuff.

Your username does not inspire confidence in your maturity level either.
So what if you've spent thousands, what makes you any better? your username?
pfff.....
So let me guess, you've never had a speeding ticket before....

Last edited by speeding ticket; 04-29-2010 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-29-2010, 04:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So what if you've spent thousands, what makes you any better? your username?
pfff.....
So let me guess, you've never had a speeding ticket before....

thats not the point. you have no credibility to your name, this is the only thread you have posted in, and all but 2 people have had great products time and time again, like everyone else said. contact them until you have a consensual agreement. CALL THEM. i'm pretty sure they'll pick up, but nothing is gonna help if you strait up yell at them.

just my .02
Old 04-29-2010, 04:04 PM

My DP from there is doing the same thing, I bought mine from someone else that was told it was the header as well. There is a problem with the flex pipe in this part, and the WBO2 bung was facing straight up into the chassis as well. OTTP needs to get with CTI and quality check the DPs. I'm not expecting anything, but some QC is needed now.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:04 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
um shipping between the countries can take WEEKS. I've had Powell send me stuff and it can take 2-3 weeks.

shipping across boarders means it may cross different carriers (not sure whats available in CAN) which means MORE man handling. as they switch trucks/planes and stop at more offices to exchange.

Where the boxes bent or damaged? do you have pics?
Old 04-29-2010, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Traviper
thats not the point. you have no credibility to your name, this is the only thread you have posted in, and all but 2 people have had great products time and time again, like everyone else said. contact them until you have a consensual agreement. CALL THEM. i'm pretty sure they'll pick up, but nothing is gonna help if you strait up yell at them.

just my .02
I see what your saying, and I guess everyone is as judgemental as I am. I definitely didn't lie about these problems, there are pics and vid. That's great that there are people out there getting good service from these guys. I didn't.
I've been waiting for a reply, and nothing yet. So ya, I'm starting to realize some people need their hand held when it comes to these things. I don't understand why I always need to bring things up because they forget about it.... or whatever the case is. They should be contacting me, keeping me informed about the situation, not the other way around.

Originally Posted by northvibe
um shipping between the countries can take WEEKS. I've had Powell send me stuff and it can take 2-3 weeks.

shipping across boarders means it may cross different carriers (not sure whats available in CAN) which means MORE man handling. as they switch trucks/planes and stop at more offices to exchange.

Where the boxes bent or damaged? do you have pics?
I'm not worried about the dent

the welds on the flex pipe and the noise is the problem. It took 8 weeks for everything to arrive

Last edited by speeding ticket; 04-29-2010 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-29-2010, 04:21 PM

When I get my DP back from the fab guys here at work I will try to take pics of the old flexpipe if I can see any cracks or whatnot. Ill send those to OTTP's email so they have a reference point.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by aikidoshadow
When I get my DP back from the fab guys here at work I will try to take pics of the old flexpipe if I can see any cracks or whatnot. Ill send those to OTTP's email so they have a reference point.
Thanks bud!

You work at a shop or something? If I did, I'd probably do the same thing youre doing, but since I'd be paying an extra "whatever amount" to fix it, it shouldn't be my problem.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:56 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I love this site. I get some naughty points for cursing but supporting-vendor-bashing is allowed.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:02 PM

in for boobies.
What? I'm in
Old 04-29-2010, 05:04 PM

dude, I don't want to break the rules or anything, all I'd like is a part that's par.... Apparently I'm not the only one with this problem. No big deal, admit the fault and fix the problem asap.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:06 PM

in for boobies.
WooT!!
Old 04-29-2010, 05:09 PM

Wow... gang up on the guy much?

Speeding ticket is a good reputable member over on RLF, a well respected member with the Alberta LSJ crew, and a friend of mine. I think you guys need to look beyond the post count sometimes.

Speeding Ticker, as far as the situation with OTTP, I know how much trouble you've been through with this order. As much as I like the OTTP guys, I'm a bit disappointed by this. Now, it's not an unknown fact that the vendor in question does have a few communication issues... and this is obviously one of those cases. If emailing them didn't work, then a thread such as this is understandable. Hopefully you they get in contact with you soon, and get this all worked out. Best of luck.

BTW, for those claiming 'vendor bashing', note that the OP did not 'bash' OTTP in anyway... his opening post clearly states that he wants to resolve the issue, but is having trouble contacting them. Maybe some people should actually read the post before passing judgment.

Quick Reply: ottp order and install gone bad