Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Please Help.. Flimsy Exhaust..

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 09:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please Help.. Flimsy Exhaust..

Hey guys,

So, for a little while now, my exhaust has seemed really flimsy. It shakes around a good bit. IE, when you take your hand, grab the tip and shake it around, it moves around a good inch or so each way. Too much play.. And since lowering it a year ago, it has a tenancy to hit something metal when you hit a big bump or whatever.. I don't know if it's the exhaust tubing hitting the rear axle or the hangers hitting together or what.. Never had this problem with my GMPP.. But currently I have a mostly stock SS exhaust (custom re-weld) and ever since it's been fucked up.. I would assume it's becuase it's not OEM fitment and hangers, so it's all off. Possibly bad rubber grommets too.. I replaced the back two, but would it possibly be he middle one leading to this? I'm getting a fully original OEM SS catback next week (non-cut), so that'll hopefully help too, but do you think it's the rubber grommets or some other issue as well?

Thanks!
Old 11-11-2010, 09:16 AM

I would check all the hangers first. If that isnt it, then possibly just a loose fitting. And to the clunking sound, I would guess its the exhaust hitting the axle or sway bar.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:18 AM

Sorry, but what do you mean by loose fitting?