Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

plugs, wires, and boost gauge problems?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 10:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
plugs, wires, and boost gauge problems?

Hi Guys,

been away from the site for too long. Just had other things consuming my time.

I was hoping that you guys could help me here with some info. I used the search option and couldn't seem to find anything directly relating to my issue.

I have a 2006 SS/SC with stage II (stock everything else)

The Stage II was installed at a GM dealer. I have had the S2 for almost the entire time I have had the car.

This past winter I noticed that the car was having trouble staying running at idle. More specifically as the car was coming to a stop, or if i stopped quickly. The revs would drop so far below idle that I would have to tap the accelerator to keep the car running.

This issue was worse on colder days, but not limited to. I use Ultra 94 gas only, and have since the car was new. All oil changes are up to date, running Amsoil long life synthetic (changed once a year, or when my life hits 0%)

I have 56K on the car, with the original plugs and wires. Do you think that changing both plugs and wires would resolve this issue? does anyone have any other suggestions of what could be causing this?

Also, over this past winter i noticed that my boost gauge seems to not be working correctly. Most of the time the needle doesn't move, but the car is still boosting like always, so I am pretty sure it is just whatever makes the needle move that is the issue here.. when it does start to move it bounces all over the place, even when the car is not supposed to be boosting (consistent speed, decelerating)

Thanks guys!