Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Problems...problems...problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 05:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problems...problems...problems

I bought my 06 SS/SC about two months ago. As soon as I brought it home the ABS light came on. I took it into the dealer and they replaced the left front wheel bearing and hub assembly. A week later, the light is back on. I've taken it into the dealer 3 times regarding the ABS light and they can't figure out why it's coming on. Then I had a problem with the car not restarting if it stalled. I killed it once at a stop light and had to turn it over 6 or 7 times before it restarted. (Thats pretty scary when you're at a green light on a four lane highway!) Then the sunroof button kept jamming up on me and the trim around the button was always falling off. And just today, my cruise control stopped workin! It really sucks having a brand new car and having to run it to the stop every week for malfunctions. Not to mention the dealership is 55 miles from where I live. Any similar problems, and/or possible fixes for the ABS light, stalling or cruise control?
Old 11-30-2006, 05:28 PM

The ABS light is new, but plenty of other people have had sunroof button and cruise control issues, and it's not uncommon for the car to take its time re-starting from a hard stall. Really though, your dealership is pretty much the only way to go.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:30 PM

If I'm not mistaken, if you go back to the stealership 3 times and they can't repair, you can get a new car by filling a lemon law... can anyone confirm?