Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Urgent!! Beeping..?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Urgent!! Beeping..?!

Hey guys..

I have an Injen SRI with a K&N cone filter, and a B&M Shift plus as my engine mods. After installing the Shift Plus, I began to notice a slight beeping coming from the engine. No big deal. I heard the injectors were loud in these things.. I've had this in for over a month. No issues. But then today it was a bit louder and more frequent. I drove to Cleveland and on the way back this happened. Is one of my injectors bad or something? It goes *ba-deep deep deep, ba-deep deep deep* lol. Weird. I don't want to have something blow up or anything.. So please help!!

Thanks!
Old 07-26-2008, 04:59 PM

i am at a loss....thats weird, waht part of pittsbugh u from
Old 07-26-2008, 05:06 PM

Imperial. 8 minutes from the airport. haha
Old 07-26-2008, 05:07 PM

damn, if you lived closer to the northren half i would see if i could help you figure it out
Old 07-26-2008, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by averagewhiteboy
Hey guys..

I have an Injen SRI with a K&N cone filter, and a B&M Shift plus as my engine mods. After installing the Shift Plus, I began to notice a slight beeping coming from the engine. No big deal. I heard the injectors were loud in these things.. I've had this in for over a month. No issues. But then today it was a bit louder and more frequent. I drove to Cleveland and on the way back this happened. Is one of my injectors bad or something? It goes *ba-deep deep deep, ba-deep deep deep* lol. Weird. I don't want to have something blow up or anything.. So please help!!

Thanks!
If anything the shift plus would hurt your tranny and I'm not sure why the **** it would beep. Maybe someone planted a detonator in your engine, jack bauer? Maybe it has something to do with your air horn that's the only beep I know of beside the dash indicator.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:02 PM

actually ive heard the shift plus actually improves the longevity of your tranny and helps it because it makes the shifts alot smoother and more precise
Old 07-26-2008, 11:04 PM

Like a computer-sounding beeping? If it was a whistle I'd know it, an actual beep is beyond me, any CEL?
Old 07-27-2008, 11:55 AM

There IS a CEL, but it didn't start until I was almost done with my 500 miles trip. That's what confused me. I've had the Shift Plus installed for over a month and no issues at all. So I don't know if it's that or what? A beeping is only mildly annoying and a CEL is what it is. But I just don't want something to blow up or something.. lol. How do you receive the codes to know what the CEL is?
Old 07-27-2008, 11:58 AM

what P code is the CEL? go to any parts store and ask to borrow there obd2 scanner.

take a vid of the noise lol. its very hard to help u with the info u gave.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:59 AM

I'll take a short video today at work and get back to you..
Old 07-27-2008, 12:03 PM

it could be a ton of things actually... as far as mechanical noises it could be a pully or something, or it could be a fan, ither the AC one from inside ur cabin or ur big one. there actually a good amount it could be now that i think of it. But the way u described it i would think mechanical not electrical problem.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:13 PM

Is it definitely coming from the front of the car?
Old 07-27-2008, 12:13 PM

It couldn't be a pulley or a fan because it doesn't speed up or slow down depending on RPM's.. It's steady.. I heard the injectors are just loud on these cars.. The engine still runs and drives perfectly.. There's just a CEL and a beeping.. lol.

Absolutely. It sounded like it was comming from the injectors. lol.

Last edited by averagewhiteboy; 07-27-2008 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-27-2008, 12:14 PM

go find the code lol, then we can help.

the injectors arnt tht loud. i mean u can hear them click. but its a pretty uniform sound. The sound should always be the same, not switch a month ago.

the new SS/TCs have crazy loud direct injection.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:27 PM

Well I'm going to work. lol. So I'll get a video, then go from there... I know the ticking you're referring to.. This isn't that. This is a beeping..
Old 07-27-2008, 05:36 PM

It couldn't be a pulley or a fan because it doesn't speed up or slow down depending on RPM's.. It's steady.. I heard the injectors are just loud on these cars.. The engine still runs and drives perfectly.. There's just a CEL and a beeping.. lol.

Absolutely. It sounded like it was comming from the injectors. lol.
There is nothing in the engine compartment that makes an electronic beep.

Originally Posted by originaladrian
go find the code lol, then we can help.

the injectors arnt tht loud. i mean u can hear them click. but its a pretty uniform sound. The sound should always be the same, not switch a month ago.

the new SS/TCs have crazy loud direct injection.
You can hear your injectors? I guess I need to have my ears checked.

Last edited by theneelster; 07-27-2008 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-27-2008, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by theneelster
There is nothing in the engine compartment that makes an electronic beep.

You can hear your injectors? I guess I need to have my ears checked.
yup. u might lol.

and to the OP ur cooling fan dosnt change speed with ur RPM so tht could def be it.
Old 07-27-2008, 06:27 PM

BTW the noise fuel injectors make is more of a click rather than a beep. Perhaps it's the alternator making the noise?
Old 07-28-2008, 05:02 AM

Random question here..

I did 2 things just recently. Replaced the filter and changed the seats. The filter was the stock Injen one on my Injen intake. I replaced it with a K&N Extreme Flow one. The KN is obviously oiled. The Injen one is dry I believe. Would that happen to throw a code? I replaced it a week ago. OR, I replaced the seats with Recaros just yesterday, conveniently one hour before this started going off. The Service Airbag waring message came on the dash, but would it eventually throw a CEL? Not actually BEING a check ENGINE, but just a check CAR light? Because usually if the CEL is on, the car runs like ass.. But it's running great.. Those are the only two things I can think of.. The noise is actually irrelevant to the CEL it's self in this case..?
Old 07-28-2008, 08:58 AM

Random question here..

I did 2 things just recently. Replaced the filter and changed the seats. The filter was the stock Injen one on my Injen intake. I replaced it with a K&N Extreme Flow one. The KN is obviously oiled. The Injen one is dry I believe. Would that happen to throw a code? I replaced it a week ago. OR, I replaced the seats with Recaros just yesterday, conveniently one hour before this started going off. The Service Airbag waring message came on the dash, but would it eventually throw a CEL? Not actually BEING a check ENGINE, but just a check CAR light? Because usually if the CEL is on, the car runs like ass.. But it's running great.. Those are the only two things I can think of.. The noise is actually irrelevant to the CEL it's self in this case..?
I think theres a connector for the airbag under the seat.. I could be wrong..
make sure all the plugs are plugged in under the seat... Ive read that on here before...
Please correct me if Im wrong.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:05 AM

Random question here..

I would bet it has to do with your air bag sensor. You have to pull the sensor out of the pass seat and re install into the recaro because the recaros dont come with them.

You are probably hearing a warning beep for the airbags.

Others who have domes the swap could give more input. Ive never seen it happen before but Ive also never replaced seats without replacing the airbag sensors when the car had them
Old 07-28-2008, 10:10 AM

That's it then. The noise I'm hearing under-hood is actually the same noise as it's been then, I was just paranoid about it with the CEL.. lol. Yeah, I was gonna do the sensor swap here soon.. I'll keep you guys updated on the situation..
Old 07-28-2008, 10:13 AM

wht code are u throwing?
Old 07-28-2008, 10:22 AM

I was at work last night. I couldn't go to the store. I still don't know, but this makes all the sense in the world. Because when I installed the Recaros at the place I bought them from, the Service Airbag warning message came on. I figured it would because of the sensor issue. But no CEL. Then about an hour later the CEL randomly came on. So the CEL probably activated after so long of not "fixing the issue", so it would alert me more. Just the ECU's way of saying "Fix the seat you ******* idiot." So just like the ECU was used to the plug being in, with it out, it got all confused. Plus, aside from being dangerous without airbags, I would doubt the **** would pass inspection.. haha
Old 07-29-2008, 11:46 AM

Well.. I removed the under-seat sensor from my stock seat and plugged everything in under the Recaro. Then when I turned the car on the following time, the warning light blinked a few times then turned off, followed by no warning message. So we'll see today, but that seemed to fix it.. Now I just have to pull up on the Recaro fabric and stuff that sensor pad under there.. So the CEL is off. I guess it was just the same noise as always, but the CEL made it seem worse..

Quick Reply: Urgent!! Beeping..?!