Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   Show & Shine (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show-shine-140/)
-   -   Ceramic Coating (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show-shine-140/ceramic-coating-322873/)

Snail_SS 11-07-2016 02:28 PM

Yeah man I bet that looks amazing if I was close to you I would of done it already!

exninja 11-07-2016 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by yellowsupercharged06 (Post 7628298)
hahaha :twothumbs too bad your not on Long Island, i could hook ya up.

Ill get a video of how the water runs off of it for everyone tomorrow.

I posted it up on FB and its been getting a lot of great feedback there as well. :guns:

LOL I'm sold on the product but not the price! I'll do some research about the products available on Amazon and such. I'd like to see those videos though. I figure I can invest a Saturday in claybar and ceramic coat if I can get that showroom sparkle.

mzspd 11-08-2016 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by exninja (Post 7628305)
LOL I'm sold on the product but not the price! I'll do some research about the products available on Amazon and such. I'd like to see those videos though. I figure I can invest a Saturday in claybar and ceramic coat if I can get that showroom sparkle.

Make sure that you correct swirls (after clay bar) with polishing before you coat.. Otherwise you are just putting a layer over the swirls.

The big difference with coatings and wax/sealants is that the coatings do not have fillers. The fillers will make the car look good for a few months and then wear off. So to properly apply a coating you need to remove the imperfections with a polish (without fillers) and then apply the coating over top. That is why he needed a 3 stage polish and why his car looks so good.

Staged07SS 11-08-2016 12:44 PM

Looks good James!!

I can make a car shine that good w/o fancy pancy ceramic coatings though ;)

exninja 11-08-2016 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Staged07SS (Post 7628393)
Looks good James!!

Well yeah, good waxes and lots of work do a good job. But they wear off relatively quickly.

Staged07SS 11-08-2016 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by exninja (Post 7628406)
Well yeah, good waxes and lots of work do a good job. But they wear off relatively quickly.

Just messing with James... I know all about how long waxes and such last.

:twothumbs

yellowsupercharged06 11-09-2016 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by mzspd (Post 7628385)
Make sure that you correct swirls (after clay bar) with polishing before you coat.. Otherwise you are just putting a layer over the swirls.

The big difference with coatings and wax/sealants is that the coatings do not have fillers. The fillers will make the car look good for a few months and then wear off. So to properly apply a coating you need to remove the imperfections with a polish (without fillers) and then apply the coating over top. That is why he needed a 3 stage polish and why his car looks so good.

yup get those swirls out first. They wont ceramic coat anything without some kind of paint correction first, unless you brought your McLaren P1 there straight from the factory. :r:

Originally Posted by Staged07SS (Post 7628393)
Looks good James!!

thanks ! mine will just last longer lol Wink, Wink ;)

yellowsupercharged06 11-09-2016 09:22 AM

ohh i got that water run off video for you guys too, you know so when the ladies get wet next to my car it just runs off lmao.

how do i upload the video, its not on youtube.

yellowsupercharged06 11-10-2016 10:30 AM

Videos

Here you go !

mzspd 11-10-2016 12:45 PM

Looks awesome man!!!

I have said this before but I cannot tell you how important it is.. Invest in some high quality rags now.. This is what will keep your car looking this great!! Any cheap microfibers will swirl your paint over time.

The Rag Company is the place to go..

Super Plush 16 x 16 Eagle Edgeless Microfiber Towel | The Rag Company Drying and washing Clothes
Premium Microfiber 16 x 16 Waffle Weave Towel | The Rag Company
Strictly drying clothes

yellowsupercharged06 11-10-2016 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by mzspd (Post 7628616)
Looks awesome man!!!

I have said this before but I cannot tell you how important it is.. Invest in some high quality rags now.. This is what will keep your car looking this great!! Any cheap microfibers will swirl your paint over time.

The Rag Company is the place to go..

Super Plush 16 x 16 Eagle Edgeless Microfiber Towel | The Rag Company Drying and washing Clothes
Premium Microfiber 16 x 16 Waffle Weave Towel | The Rag Company
Strictly drying clothes

thanks !!!

have you had any experience with the Adams drying towels and Wash Pad ? That is what i figured i would start to use moving forward.

ECaulk 11-10-2016 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by yellowsupercharged06 (Post 7628627)
thanks !!!

have you had any experience with the Adams drying towels and Wash Pad ? That is what i figured i would start to use moving forward.

Those won't scratch the ceramic coating if you use the two bucket method.

yellowsupercharged06 11-10-2016 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by ECaulk (Post 7628628)
Those won't scratch the ceramic coating if you use the two bucket method.

Perfect! Thanks :twothumbs

mzspd 11-10-2016 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by yellowsupercharged06 (Post 7628627)
thanks !!!

Adams stuff is good too!

The Rag Company is good for buying in bulk, The prices are tough to beat.

yellowsupercharged06 11-11-2016 09:51 AM

yeah they do have some good pricing.