Show & Shine Detailing, washing, waxing, paint care, wax, etc.

Getting Nicotine and Smell Out Of Car

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pip
Very nice man. Glad it went well. Sounds fun, I always enjoy detailing my car. Thanks for the update
Before and after shots next time! :P
Definitely will be
Old 01-02-2011, 12:50 PM
Banned

In all honest go to a ford dealership in the parts department they sell some smoke stuff, My LS1 had been smoked in, and I used that to get it out. It also got the smell out of my great grandparents lincoln town car. Ive also heard coffee works too, but I have never tried it.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:57 PM
Nothin Stock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 08redcobalt
In all honest go to a ford dealership in the parts department they sell some smoke stuff, My LS1 had been smoked in, and I used that to get it out. It also got the smell out of my great grandparents lincoln town car. Ive also heard coffee works too, but I have never tried it.
is this a spray can stuff or what?
Old 01-02-2011, 01:10 PM
Banned

Its called smoke out or something. It took several times spraying it, in there and letting it sit, but it did get the smell out. I hate that smell. Its a liquid spray. I coated the seats carpet and headliner heavy. I have used almost all of it, over the past few years. It works very well, and its only 10.00 or I know this will work, my buddy who is a professional detailer uses this, and he swears by it. They sell it at target and pepboys

Meguiar's Direct Meguiar's Odor Eliminator
Old 01-02-2011, 01:18 PM

When I do smoker cars I clean every piece of trim door panels. Get a good foam cleaner for the head liner and vaccum it after spraying it and use a light brisstle brush but do not brush to hard it will end up looking like a shaggy dog. Everything wil. Have the smell and the windows seem to hold it for some reason. Then shampoo seats and carpet. I have an ionizer that I use also that works great, a little machine that purifies the air inside. The. You still have to worry about the air vents so turn on the air to recirc and spray febreeze into the recirc port. You can do that step first also.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:20 PM
Banned

I love the way the auto fabreeze smells. I have used it to get the sex smell out of my cars when I was a teen.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:33 PM
Nothin Stock

Originally Posted by 08redcobalt
I love the way the auto fabreeze smells. I have used it to get the sex smell out of my cars when I was a teen.
hahah thnx...yeah i only smoke the odd joint it but i love the fresh smell lol
Old 01-02-2011, 01:46 PM
Banned

Those fabreeze vent air freshners work good too. My work truck smells like sweat and those things kill the smell for a few weeks. Simple replace them when the smell goes away.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:49 PM

spray car fabreeze. a little carpet cleaner may help as well. make sure you can leave the windows open and in the sun so it dries and airs out
Old 01-02-2011, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by MyBalt10
The outside was bad too. She had bugs on the front of her car. I used every kind of product I had (that was safe for paint of course) to get bugs off the front. I used clay bar, a couple different polishes, waxes, wd-40, bug and tar remover. Nothing worked. What could I use??? Gave up on that so I did your typical wash and dry, but just washed it an extra time to make sure it was all good cause it was really bad. Cleaned inside the door jambs. Did the whole 9 yards.

Bug Removal Tip:

Trick I learned growing up in Florida. Bounce Fabric sheets, slightly dampened works wonders on taking bugs from the front of cars. I go down to Florida about 3 times a year, and anyone who's ever been to Central Florida knows about the Love Bugs down there. They're EVERYWHERE! You can't go down and not end up with them all over the front bumper/hood/windshield. This method works like a charm.

Just dampen a Bounce Fabric Sheet (not sure if all fabric sheets work, I always use the Bounce), and lightly buff the area with bugs. Wash and wax with a good buffer. Done! If you take good care of your car, you know to buff it periodically anyway, so any tiny blemishes left behind will come right out when you do that.
Old 01-02-2011, 03:06 PM
Nothin Stock

Originally Posted by Jakrabit
Bug Removal Tip:

Trick I learned growing up in Florida. Bounce Fabric sheets, slightly dampened works wonders on taking bugs from the front of cars. I go down to Florida about 3 times a year, and anyone who's ever been to Central Florida knows about the Love Bugs down there. They're EVERYWHERE! You can't go down and not end up with them all over the front bumper/hood/windshield. This method works like a charm.

Just dampen a Bounce Fabric Sheet (not sure if all fabric sheets work, I always use the Bounce), and lightly buff the area with bugs. Wash and wax with a good buffer. Done! If you take good care of your car, you know to buff it periodically anyway, so any tiny blemishes left behind will come right out when you do that.
hmm i should try this sometime