Show & Shine Detailing, washing, waxing, paint care, wax, etc.

Newbie needs help (hatrickstu look)

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbie needs help (hatrickstu look)

alright im a noob to actual full paint care....so i was wondering what would be a good polish and waxes....i would prefer to use products that arent over the counter as i have kind of experimented with them....i want professional level result which i know will come with my experience...i have a few detail shops around here and i have the ability to get products they use....just let me know some good ones....
Old 06-23-2008, 07:34 AM

I'll chime in...

First, your going to need a decent set of pads. Lake Country, Edge 2000, and Meguiar's are all pretty good choices.

For polishes, I'd recommend the following, by brand:

Menzerna
Menzerna PowerGloss
Menzerna Super Intensive Polish
Menzerna Nano Polish (PO106FF)
Meguiars
Meguiars M85/M105
Meguiars M83 Dual Action Cleaner Polish
Meguairs M80 Speed Glaze
Optimum

Optimum Hyper Compound
Optimum Compound
Optimum Polish
Klasse
Klasse AIO
Klasse Sealant Glaze
Also, 3M Ultrafina SE is a really good final finishing polish.

As for waxes, its really whatever works best for you. You can go anywhere from entry level waxes like Meguiars, all the way into some of the thousand dollar Zymol waxes. Best bet is to find something you like, and stick with it. Don't think that you have to spend hundreds to get a great looking wax.

Also, don't worry to much about the product your using. Put more attention to the process. A great detailer can get great results, even out of the cheaper stuff, due to having a sound process of attack. Meanwhile, I've seen people spend hundreds on only the best of the best products, but don't use the correct technique and end up with dissatisfying results.

Its a good idea to get some scrap panels from a junkyard to hone your skills. Remember the more you practice, the better you'll get, and the more comfortable you come working on your own car, and others.

But either way, good luck on your detailing, it definitely is a hobby that can consume much of your time and money
Old 06-23-2008, 07:36 AM

TURBO WAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I used to be a huge meguiars fan untill I used Turbo Wax check it out https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show-shine-140/turbo-wax-ftw-pics-beware-56k-118625/
Old 06-23-2008, 11:01 AM

i dont really want to order products off the internet because i dont want to run out and have to wait....
Old 06-23-2008, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by laserblue2006
i dont really want to order products off the internet because i dont want to run out and have to wait....
it took me 2 day to get my turbo wax stuff, they also have kick ass customer service
Old 06-23-2008, 01:07 PM

well i know im getting their bug and oxidizer bar so ill look into them
Old 06-23-2008, 01:15 PM
Former Vendor

Laser, you should give us the opportunity, Im sure you be 100 % happy with results.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:19 PM

ok here are the products i have....im going to give 3m a try as he place that i went (bon brothers supplies) swears by it....

shitty picture so ill name it....

Mother's clay bar kit
Blue Coral high foam soap
Microfiber mit
AquaDry synthetic chamois
Microfiber towels
3m Foam Polishing Pad Glaze \
received from a supplier....couldnt find at autozone or advanced....which sadly makes me feel better about them...
3m Show car Wax /
Old 06-24-2008, 10:23 AM

turbowax....ill order a few 4 oz bottles of things when i order the bug remover...and if i dont like them ill let others try them....between the probly 6 people i know who "care" for their car someone will like it....
Old 06-24-2008, 11:59 AM
Former Vendor

No problem, I will make it even better for you, you order those 4oz bottles, if you don’t like them I will REFUND your entire purchase, that is how confident we are about our products, I may point out that we have sold thousands of bottles and we have NEVER had one single incident so you must provide a clear explanation to get your refund, other than “I dint like them”

Further more why don’t you do your own test, our products on one side of the hood, vs. those products you just purchase, “IF” you can commit to do a review on such of test and posted in here we will send you the products FREE, we will need photos, step by step and more photos after a week or so, the oxidation block you will have to purchase.

Is that a sweet deal or what !
Old 06-24-2008, 12:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Turbo Wax
No problem, I will make it even better for you, you order those 4oz bottles, if you don’t like them I will REFUND your entire purchase, that is how confident we are about our products, I may point out that we have sold thousands of bottles and we have NEVER had one single incident so you must provide a clear explanation to get your refund, other than “I dint like them”

Further more why don’t you do your own test, our products on one side of the hood, vs. those products you just purchase, “IF” you can commit to do a review on such of test and posted in here we will send you the products FREE, we will need photos, step by step and more photos after a week or so, the oxidation block you will have to purchase.

damn man i would jump on that deal!
Old 06-24-2008, 01:37 PM

That is well worth it man, you won't be dissapointed, turbo wax delivers!!
Old 06-24-2008, 01:46 PM

give TurboWax a shot, you have nothing to lose, and will most likely have to walk around bent over for a couple days (due to the massive erection you will be sporting in public)
Old 06-24-2008, 01:49 PM

i can do your test....i can also do it on different colors if you would like....we have a maroon car, a red car, a gunmetal car, and a black truck thats hood needs some paint work....also i have a canon rebel xti DSLR so the pictures will be top quality....and i will do it by whatever step by step process you ask....also i will buy a big bottle of your guys' Car Shampoo and wash the car being used in the test with it....and hell if you would like i will put a sticker on my car for your company....just PM with more info....
Old 06-24-2008, 06:10 PM
Former Vendor

We are game ! I dont need you to test any other colors as we have test almost every single color out there, I just want to proof again that we can compete with other brands, we already know we have the car shampoo you purchase on the back pocket
Old 06-24-2008, 06:12 PM

i want free! lol
Old 06-24-2008, 08:59 PM

alright well i will use it on my tC with new paint with slight swirls....dad dropped microfiber and didnt tell me....and i have a black ranger that is a little rough that will really show off the potential....so just pm me when you can so we can work things out...
Old 06-24-2008, 09:26 PM
Former Vendor

Ok we got your package ready, so here goes

Mother's clay bar kit vs. Turbo Wax Oxidation block-"IF" you want to purchase it
Blue Coral high foam soap vs. Turbo Wax Car Shampoo
Microfiber mit- n/a
AquaDry synthetic chamois- n/a
Microfiber towels n/a
3m Foam Polishing Pad Glaze vs. Turbo Wax Pre Wax
3m Show car Wax vs. Turbo Wax Car Wax

Simple test, choose a side for each product, follow instructions as indicated on the labels, for the car shampoo pour 1 oz of Turbo Wax Shampoo and 5 gallons of water, do the same with your other brand 1 oz !! with 5 gallons of water, take pictures once the shampoo has been mixed with the water, you will need 2 buckets, take as many pictures as you want and post the review any way you want, good or bad we are ready, most important have FUN !!

send me you shipping address to info@turbowax.com
Old 06-24-2008, 09:28 PM

Turbo Wax seems to be pretty good ****... but since I'm not special enough to get free **** like Hatrick I'll have to buy some and try it!

But I've had good luck with Mothers Reflections, and 3M Professional Finishes.... and Zaino wasn't too bad either!
Old 06-24-2008, 09:44 PM
Former Vendor

M-Dub

Don't feel that way please,

The reason that we got together with Hatrick was because of a friendly debate in one of our threads, trust me, every single time we pull one of this stunts we run a HUGE risk to get some bad feedback all do we know the true, but is a risk that we been taking for years and so far so good, most of the people we give products is for different reasons, whether they are skeptics, don't trust our product or whatever the reason may be, all of them have never use our products so is a neutral territory.

we have run specials, free products from contests, so keep you eyes open there's always a way to get our products, you just have to try a bit harder
Old 06-25-2008, 10:51 AM

e-mailed
Old 06-25-2008, 06:14 PM

does lowes or home depot have the PC 7424 buffer????
Old 06-25-2008, 06:16 PM

does lowes or home depot have the PC 7424 buffer????
they might, worth a shot
Old 06-25-2008, 06:32 PM

b/c i had to prove to myself that you cant polish by hand....and now my hood has some hazy looking spots....

where did you guys get yours??

Is the 7336 any good???

Last edited by laserblue2006; 06-25-2008 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-25-2008, 07:34 PM

b/c i had to prove to myself that you cant polish by hand....and now my hood has some hazy looking spots....

where did you guys get yours??

Is the 7336 any good???
never used the 7336 before, but i got mine from www.autogeek.net

Quick Reply: Newbie needs help (hatrickstu look)