Site Development and Help Site Discussions, Suggestions, and Help

css.net going downhill??

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 12:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
css.net going downhill??

Well i'm startin to feel like this site is headin the wrong direction which sucks. I cant even find half of the people that used to be on here. Seriously almost all of the real educated cobalt owners have left and have gone to another forum because of immaturity on this site. I want to ask the admin. to please to make some rules that eliminate most of the bullshit on this site. I think this site is wayy too good to just have people on here everyday talking about everything but cobalts. I remember when I first started coming here i thought this site had a lot to offer with a lot of well-educated cobalt owners where we could all share our thoughts and opinions on our cars, now the only time i can come here is if i have a problem with my girlfriend and i want opinions and thoughts. I used to love this site but now it's gettin to the point where everyone that knew what they were talkin about are leaving. And another thing is that this site has awesome spporting vendors but i have a feeling their goin to stop taking this site seriously with some of the immaturity that goes on on here. Well i just wanted to share my opinion with you guys and see if you agree or not.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:30 PM

there are threads and threads about this same situation..and for every "educated" member that leaves...a few more come..
Old 03-11-2008, 12:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blk ss/sc 1
Well i'm startin to feel like this site is headin the wrong direction which sucks. I cant even find half of the people that used to be on here. Seriously almost all of the real educated cobalt owners have left and have gone to another forum because of immaturity on this site. I want to ask the admin. to please to make some rules that eliminate most of the bullshit on this site. I think this site is wayy too good to just have people on here everyday talking about everything but cobalts. I remember when I first started coming here i thought this site had a lot to offer with a lot of well-educated cobalt owners where we could all share our thoughts and opinions on our cars, now the only time i can come here is if i have a problem with my girlfriend and i want opinions and thoughts. I used to love this site but now it's gettin to the point where everyone that knew what they were talkin about are leaving. And another thing is that this site has awesome spporting vendors but i have a feeling their goin to stop taking this site seriously with some of the immaturity that goes on on here. Well i just wanted to share my opinion with you guys and see if you agree or not.
buy premium membership, we take people seriously in the dungeon
Old 03-11-2008, 12:32 PM

Why do you think it's called .nub or Shortbuss.

All the knowledgeable people have other means of communication that aren't on this site. We stay in a tight little niche.

I even have a PM from a mod on this site that even admitted all Jonel cares about are the #'s and money that the site brings in, nothing of the content or members. Hence why they just ban the smart people that try to correct the idiots, and just let the idiots post their useless info.

I completely agree with you, as most will.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:33 PM

REPOST!

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/site-development-help-44/wtf-happened-here-98975/
Old 03-11-2008, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by WSFrazier

All the knowledgeable people have other means of communication that aren't on this site. We stay in a tight little niche.

I even have a PM from a mod on this site that even admitted all Jonel cares about are the #'s and money that the site brings in, nothing of the content or members. Hence why they just ban the smart people that try to correct the idiots, and just let the idiots post their useless info.

i agree that alot is bullshit like the my girlfriend left me for yadadada...but its also cool to bullshit around...btw when u coming out here wes? were gonna have to make a trip to TJ lol
Old 03-11-2008, 12:36 PM

i really dont care if it's a repost or not

and it's alright to bullshit around but this whole site is becoming bullshit

Originally Posted by Projekt
buy premium membership, we take people seriously in the dungeon
yea people like you

Last edited by blk ss/sc 1; 03-11-2008 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-11-2008, 12:36 PM

i agree, but at the end of the day its a business game...more idoits=more people=more advertizement=more money
Old 03-11-2008, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Raven SS
i agree that alot is bullshit like the my girlfriend left me for yadadada...but its also cool to bullshit around...btw when u coming out here wes? were gonna have to make a trip to TJ lol
Shaun said he would give me 3 weeks notice to when he is going to fly me in. I don't know, whenever he's done buying his parts.

BTW I think I may try to buy back my Cobalt, I miss it, lol.

yea people like you
not completely...once u learn who the educated people are..if u ask them in a pm they will help u out..

yea people like you
wtf buddy? i agree with your point, ive even talkd to reign about this several times and we agree it is going downhill

maybe the problem is people like you making false accusations all the damn time
Old 03-11-2008, 12:38 PM

Shaun said he would give me 3 weeks notice to when he is going to fly me in. I don't know, whenever he's done buying his parts.

noooooo i thought u were gonna build a DelSol?...yea were waiting on my stock cams so he can get the regrind on them...
Old 03-11-2008, 12:40 PM

not completely...once u learn who the educated people are..if u ask them in a pm they will help u out..
yea but this a car forum and we shouldnt have to PM.. i know %99 you can know about cobalt but i like to share my thoughts opinions oon it and the only way to do that is through pms it's rediculous
Old 03-11-2008, 12:40 PM

If you're gone for my b-day I will KILL YOU. No CF hood for you .

I can just hear the excitement of the neighbors at the thought of having the orange beast in the driveway.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:41 PM

i def. have to agree with you ...there have been a ton of people i have noticed have left...a lot couldnt take the BS anymore.. i can see where they are coming from too..boy doi ever .. i think we all see it,

but also you cant expect it to be all tech talk as well. i do believe rules need to be taken more seriously... seems like some things are being left to just run free..and certain things that used to be a definate no no here are now all over the place.... ie vendor bashing, member bashing, street racing talk...threads that used to get locked immediately.

the maturity level definately has dropped as well...dont get me wrong, there are still many many awesome members here...but we have lost a lot of the tech heads in here because those threads are just not as popular as "check out this girls ass" threads etc.

plus you get a turn around of members due to this...the first buyers and members of this board and now veterans,...but as time goes on... a younger gen comes in , new cobalt owners...the same questions get asked 50000000000000 times...and the vets are like...OMG ive seen this a millions times...and patience wears real thin...so then you have people snapping at the new people while we should all be helping one another,.... some people are at different levels of knowledge about these cars.

so i think its just a combo of things..but i agree...and i am a contributer...but i also dont really post ***** up the boards unless i really am bored,
Old 03-11-2008, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Projekt
wtf buddy? i agree with your point, ive even talkd to reign about this several times and we agree it is going downhill

maybe the problem is people like you making false accusations all the damn time
well u said somethin about the dungeon.. so i didnt really take u serious so chilllll
Old 03-11-2008, 12:42 PM

noooooo i thought u were gonna build a DelSol?...
He SHOULD. You should encourage this. Often. Like all the time. Cheaper and a helluva lot faster in the long run.

I just have to stop breaking **** on it

EDIT: OK, not like ALL the time. Just as he can afford it.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:43 PM

yea but this a car forum and we shouldnt have to PM.. i know %99 you can know about cobalt but i like to share my thoughts opinions oon it and the only way to do that is through pms it's rediculous
most of the information is posted already...and most people only give out pointers when it comes to tuning...we dont even share secrets among each other lol
Old 03-11-2008, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by badg1rl
i def. have to agree with you ...there have been a ton of people i have noticed have left...a lot couldnt take the BS anymore.. i can see where they are coming from too..boy doi ever .. i think we all see it,

but also you cant expect it to be all tech talk as well. i do believe rules need to be taken more seriously... seems like some things are being left to just run free..and certain things that used to be a definate no no here are now all over the place.... ie vendor bashing, member bashing, street racing talk...threads that used to get locked immediately.

the maturity level definately has dropped as well...dont get me wrong, there are still many many awesome members here...but we have lost a lot of the tech heads in here because those threads are just not as popular as "check out this girls ass" threads etc.

plus you get a turn around of members due to this...the first buyers and members of this board and now veterans,...but as time goes on... a younger gen comes in , new cobalt owners...the same questions get asked 50000000000000 times...and the vets are like...OMG ive seen this a millions times...and patience wears real thin...so then you have people snapping at the new people while we should all be helping one another,.... some people are at different levels of knowledge about these cars.

so i think its just a combo of things..but i agree...and i am a contributer...but i also dont really post ***** up the boards unless i really am bored,

exactly what i'm sayin.. and like i said it's alright to bullshit a little but now thats what this site is becoming

well u said somethin about the dungeon.. so i didnt really take u serious so chilllll
Dungeon=where premium members hang out, alot of the time they can provide good advice, not to mention thats where a majordiy of the more "mature?" members hang out.

it seemed that you attacked me first, so i defended, now that i know its a joke, its all good

Originally Posted by alleycat58
He SHOULD. You should encourage this. Often. Like all the time. Cheaper and a helluva lot faster in the long run.

I just have to stop breaking **** on it

EDIT: OK, not like ALL the time. Just as he can afford it.
lol this is what i want to do too...after the cobalt...but he's right tho....cobalt ss/sc is rare and with the new HTV1320 coming out..man...i see more nissan skylines in san diego than ss/sc's...kinda wierd
Old 03-11-2008, 12:45 PM

WEll what do you suggest this site due in order to get things back on track? I mean there are still alot of members on here who do know alot about our cars (reign, Area, M dub, me (2.2 only though), hack, ect... ) you just have to know who to find and talk to... plus most of the members who are the more educated ones will most of the time post something then have someone else come and bash them *(mostly newer members who think that they know all, sometimes not.....) but then those help threads come back and bite the OP in the butt because it becomes a flame war...

so what do you suggest this site do?
Old 03-11-2008, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by sick06cobalt
WEll what do you suggest this site due in order to get things back on track? I mean there are still alot of members on here who do know alot about our cars (reign, Area, M dub, me (2.2 only though), hack, ect... ) you just have to know who to find and talk to... plus most of the members who are the more educated ones will most of the time post something then have someone else come and bash them *(mostly newer members who think that they know all, sometimes not.....) but then those help threads come back and bite the OP in the butt because it becomes a flame war...

so what do you suggest this site do?
i have to agree, it seems like every post turns into a flame war..

racing=bad or good?

chevy=everyone

Corvette vs GT-r

just some examples
Old 03-11-2008, 12:47 PM

I think it also has to do with the progression of the cobalt as well. For the past year nothing really happened, everyone has modded thier balt to how they want and everything that can be done to it has been discussed and taught. I think after the sstc comes this site will change again to more technical issues about the lnf.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:48 PM

lol this is what i want to do too...after the cobalt...but he's right tho....cobalt ss/sc is rare and with the new HTV1320 coming out..man...i see more nissan skylines in san diego than ss/sc's...kinda wierd
SS/SCs are a dime a dozen here, but I do miss his car and I know he does too, but honestly I like the potential of the delSol a LOT more than the SS, but I'm not impressed with dyno or 1/4 mile numbers either.

sidebar: Anyone else find it ironic that a thread about the lack of Cobalt discussion on the site has been threadjacked by a Cobalt (and minorly del sol) discussion?

Quick Reply: css.net going downhill??