Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 12:10 AM
Original Hayden Fanatic
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ebristol
Can you PM me everything you know about the LSJ? jk

I have a suggestion for the forum.

Once a month all members should be required to review their past posts and decide if they contributed to the thread or not. If "No" they should delete their posts. If "Yes"...hmm that has never happened before.

And I don't know if people know this but they don't need to reply to a thread with "Subcribed" to actually subcribe to a thread!

btw. I will probably delete this post on 5/1.
but then I'd have like 200 posts...

It's hard when you get over 22,000 members to control everything and keep everything on topic.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:10 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by sick06cobalt
people say subscribed to come back to it.. if they dont have time to read the information ect...
Is that how that works?

But instead of replying with "Subscribed" you can click "Thread Tools" then click "Subscribe to this Thead".

And then we don't have to read through 20 posts of people saying "Subcribed!"

See^^^^

I really think their are people on here who think they need to type that to Subscribe to a thread!
Old 04-22-2008, 12:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rodimus_Prime
I've always used the search for stuff I knew has been around a while like say last night for example I looked up stuff about option B setups but even those posts were filled with senseless BS and theory debates.

Thats the problem on here, everyone says search, but that doesn't answer everything all the time.

Pure example of BS on here - all the TVS threads 80 pages of bullshit and no solid facts at all. Then to top it off the 8-9 guys that test it like 2 actually post dyno numbers and 1 has taken it to the track, everyone else refuses to post any pics, slips, or sheets, so honestly I dont even know why they talk about it on here if they are going to be that top secret with it.
How do you know what is going on in their lives? maybe they havent had a chance to get the car out? dude you have to be patient with that information.. just sit back and relax..
Original Hayden Fanatic
Platinum Member

I've always used the search for stuff I knew has been around a while like say last night for example I looked up stuff about option B setups but even those posts were filled with senseless BS and theory debates.
That is because everyone has there own opinion on what works, how it works, why it works, and how effective it is... And the BS comes from the fact that we make friends on here, so we go alittle off topic sometimes, it's annoying sometimes when you just want answers but it comes with a large community such as this...

i thought you did butthat only bc/ im a tool

Originally Posted by REIGN SS
but then I'd have like 200 posts...

It's hard when you get over 22,000 members to control everything and keep everything on topic.
Would the admins have a problem if I sent a PM to everyone who replied to a thread with "Subscribed" a quick note about the proper way to subscribe to a thread?

It serisouly drives me nuts.

um buy a build book??

Is that how that works?

But instead of replying with "Subscribed" you can click "Thread Tools" then click "Subscribe to this Thead".

See^^^^

I really think their are people on here who think they need to type that to Subscribe to a thread!
eh its easier just to say subscribed.. thats why people do it and its quicker... so i mean its all good ..
Old 04-22-2008, 12:15 AM
Original Hayden Fanatic
Platinum Member

eh its easier just to say subscribed.. thats why people do it and its quicker... so i mean its all good ..
In that case it's easier just to ask a question for the 1000th time, then to take the time and search... Your theory = fail, lol
Old 04-22-2008, 12:17 AM

thanks ryan... but anway... lol you just have to learn to be patient.. like alot of us... and then again.. not like alot of us..
Old 04-22-2008, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by REIGN SS
In that case it's easier just to ask a question for the 1000th time, then to take the time and search... Your theory = fail, lol
This might be a good addition to the forum rules.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by 06' SS2SS
Check out a few other cobalt forums. Some are very helpful. Thread jacking is common on this site. If you want to know of some other forums, PM me. I don't want to get BANNED for posting them in this thread if they aren't already blocked.
Why would you be banned for mentioning c0baltc0upe.net, y0urc0balt.com, c0baltss.com, or any of the others? It is pretty bad off when they fear the other sites so much that they ban the mention. That is like importsnc not letting someone mention importsatlanta, or zr2usa not letting someone mention the mothership(zr2.com).
Is that how that works?

See^^^^

^^^ Wrong, most people type it because that is as far as they have read and want to keep thier place. All they gotta do is hit the "go to unread posts" button and they have it. Much easier than trying to memorize thier page or what not.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:22 PM

i think mr. or mrs.ecotec, not sure right now do to all the bitching, should stop bitching and just deal with us bc\ like it or not we are your custemers
Old 04-22-2008, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by tru2nrtt777

^^^ Wrong, most people type it because that is as far as they have read and want to keep thier place. All they gotta do is hit the "go to unread posts" button and they have it. Much easier than trying to memorize thier page or what not.
You get the same results when you click subscribe to the thread right way. It remembers the last post when you subscribed and will bring you there with out having to post "subscribe" in the thread and annoy everyone with huge sig pics and useless forum quotes.

Oh and thier is spelled their.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:08 PM

Dislexia *******.

Subscribed.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:21 PM

Dislexia *******.
Was that necessary? And its Dyslexia. Do they even teach spelling in school any more?

Subscribed.
801 posts and you still don't understand the basics of the forum....

How sad.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:23 PM

Its not really anything on the site or the navagation of this site, both of which I really like alot.

I just think the member base sucks royally. Its so hard to get a simple answer on a post without 9-10 random off topic bs responses. I'm trying really hard to build something and pushing myself to learn alot of new things, so naturally I have alot of questions.

It seems like everytime I have to ask 4-5 times to get a simple answer, everyone is so freaking secretive about everything and honestly I don't even see the point of being on here if thats how your going to be. Or if you don't get a stupid unhelpful answer you don't get any at all.

I don't know what the solution is, maybe warning or banning ppl that arent helping in a thread and wasting bandwidth. Its not like this on most other forums I'm on. Maybe people need to rethink why it is they are here in the first place.
I got your back Matt and I agree 100%.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:24 PM
Site Founder

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I’m locking this. Please respect each other and play nice