Old 10-29-2008, 01:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Erod

p.s.- eat me

heh
hahaha love the gif
Old 10-29-2008, 10:07 AM

Yeah that is a classic gif....As far as replacements meh....Erod is right not particularly wanting to be one is a good place to start and people need to just relax a little. There is much too much butt hurt going on around here.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:10 AM

They couldn't PAY me enough to Mod this site. There are WAY too many 15 yr olds that think they are Vin Diesel from Fast and Furious, and WAY too many 30 yr olds that act like 15 yr olds that think they are Vin Diesel from Fast and Furious.
Hats off to the mods that actually put up with this all day without suspending 3/4 of the site members for being *********, Not sure I could log onto this site as a mod without axing at least five people per thread.

Here's the demographic makeup of CSS.net
65% people that started a profile, look around for a week, and never return to the site
10% underage males that use internet forums to posture and talk **** about everything
7% Car/Racing Enthusiasts trying to learn and be helpful
5% random people that have nothing to contribute, and just happen to own a cobalt
5% random people that have nothing to contribute, and don't own a cobalt
3% Trolls
3% People that like to vulture around threads waiting for an opportunity to correct someone's grammar or interject a pointless bit of wisdom
1% Female
1% **** Bot

I fall under Random people with nothing to contribute...or possibly **** bot....I haven't decided yet
Old 10-29-2008, 10:11 AM

^WINNER!

Yeah I agree...Just need people to grow up, and quit being so hard on innocent people. Now, if you come out and say "Hey I just pwned a C6 Z06 in stock 2.2" Then you're just asking for flames.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by fballman1987
i see what you did there.....
ah me too

Originally Posted by monkeiboy
They couldn't PAY me enough to Mod this site. There are WAY too many 15 yr olds that think they are Vin Diesel from Fast and Furious, and WAY too many 30 yr olds that act like 15 yr olds that think they are Vin Diesel from Fast and Furious.
Hats off to the mods that actually put up with this all day without suspending 3/4 of the site members for being *********, Not sure I could log onto this site as a mod without axing at least five people per thread.

Here's the demographic makeup of CSS.net
65% people that started a profile, look around for a week, and never return to the site
10% underage males that use internet forums to posture and talk **** about everything
7% Car/Racing Enthusiasts trying to learn and be helpful
5% random people that have nothing to contribute, and just happen to own a cobalt
5% random people that have nothing to contribute, and don't own a cobalt
3% Trolls
3% People that like to vulture around threads waiting for an opportunity to correct someone's grammar or interject a pointless bit of wisdom
1% Female
1% **** Bot

I fall under Random people with nothing to contribute...or possibly **** bot....I haven't decided yet
what about the 1% for me- people who have been around long enough to see that the influx of fucktards has ruined the site, thus making it incredibly easy to be an ******* towards the morons who never want to read or learn the information already on the site

Last edited by hatrickstu; 10-29-2008 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-29-2008, 10:20 AM
Moderator Alumni
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by hatrickstu
people who have been around long enough to see that the influx of fucktards has ruined the site,
Comments like this really bother me. Just my opinion. Like "its ruined!", no, its not, or I'd quit trying to moderate things.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:23 AM

lawls
Old 10-29-2008, 10:29 AM

coup d'état anyone?
Old 10-29-2008, 10:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mcphatty
coup d'état anyone?
how?
it's the interwebz
"we don't care if you ban us for revolting.......wait"

I wouldn't want to be a mod
I feel that i couldn't be myself
I'd be meticulously checking every post that i made to make sure i wouldn't be breaking any rules, kinda like i'm driving with a cop behind me

atm, i probably break a few rules now and again
but usually never on purpose

i think being a mod would be rough and kinda boring
everyone hates you, or so it seems
i don't hate the mods, sometimes their decisions confuse me
but i don't complain about it

Last edited by brickerenator; 10-29-2008 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-29-2008, 10:39 AM

if i was a mod, the first thing i would do is move around all the threads that are posted in the wrong section.

im tired of seeing pictures of some guys freshly washed car in the appearance section.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:40 AM
Banned

^x2
and delete reposts like crazy
Old 10-29-2008, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by chevy cobalt 08
I wanna be mod! yeah right like that'll happen
please, no... i respect you and everything, but no way man.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:24 AM
Banned

nice facepalm
Old 10-29-2008, 12:31 PM

ah me too

what about the 1% for me- people who have been around long enough to see that the influx of fucktards has ruined the site, thus making it incredibly easy to be an ******* towards the morons who never want to read or learn the information already on the site
See, You corrected me on something already. That makes you under the 3% group

Don't be such a cynic Stu, You just spent two days in Mephrica to race four times. You should be totally jazzed about that.
Nothing is ruined here. It just tastes funny. The fucktards will eventually all wander off, they always do.
Remember two years ago the site almost ate it's own ******* out with trim bashing arguments, it died off in time. So will this nonsense
Old 10-29-2008, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by chris88z24
I honestly think I would be a perfect mod for this site since I am around so much throughout the day... but that's up to the admin to decide, not me.
I honestly think you wouldn't be. I have seen you get out of hand in a few threads. That's enough where I'd probably not give you a chance at admin. Sorry man, thats just how I saw it.

Originally Posted by Erod
Not particularly wanting to be one is a good start, actually.
QFT! I have been to my fair share of forums, and gaming communities online. None of them ever want to "hire" someone that is looking to be admin. Its like a rule, you just don't ask. You follow the rules down to the littlest things. And wait your turn to be called upon.

Originally Posted by RBC
I don't think booting people would keep you as a mod for long. There are much more things to than that. i have thought about it, but as I am sure erod is hinting to is what fun is it seeing the negative side of every thing and listing to people bitch all the time.
Exactly! Admins don't want someone that's gonna go boot crazy on their members. We want to keep members on the site, but we want them to behave themselves. Booting will only make things worse.

Originally Posted by Projekt
we need less douchebag mods.

the good ones are as listed.

reign
Erod
DC
and johny when hes around

we need less whiney bitches that bitch about staff, or other **** head problems on this site.

we need less ******* people who cant take something with a grain of salt.

we need less people who live infront of the computer and dont realize when to walk away.

just my .2 cents
You have no room to speak, at all! Just my 2. cents... You have had your fair share of being an asshat as well. In fact, your post pretty much is whining about said "douchebag mod." You feel the need to curse once or twice in every sentance. Cursing is fine by me, but many people here go way over the limit, to the point its just ridiculous. And i've also seen you get mad over stuff online and sit there and argue with the member.

The said "fucktards" haven't ruined anything. The people that keep mentioning them are what makes it seemed ruined. "Fucktards" do their fair share of screwing around and causing trouble. The real trouble makers like taht are eventually rooted out and are then gone and move on. Its like this on ANY and ALL forums..

Originally Posted by mcphatty
if i was a mod, the first thing i would do is move around all the threads that are posted in the wrong section.

im tired of seeing pictures of some guys freshly washed car in the appearance section.

FAIL!!! Sorry, but that isn't gonna be Johhny's biggest concern. His concern is to find someone that follows the rules all the time, or at least most of the time. If you break rules enough, forget it then (not directed towards you mcphatty).

Last edited by nutsandboldts05; 10-29-2008 at 01:26 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:08 PM

this thread is turning into good 'reading while on the *******' material...
Old 10-29-2008, 01:14 PM

Old 10-29-2008, 01:32 PM

I remember when the forum use to be 95% information & 5% B/S

But now that seems to be the other way around
Old 10-29-2008, 01:43 PM

Hey guys how about starting a thread with a poll to see how many people agree with changing the mods.

I have not been here for long but i really like this site.

Maybe if they see how many want to see a change they might do it!!

Not that I have something against them.

Originally Posted by 06superchargedbalt
I am 06superchargedbalt, and I approve this message.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:46 PM
Original Hayden Fanatic
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RauLiTo SS/SC
Hey guys how about starting a thread with a poll to see how many people agree with changing the mods.

I have not been here for long but i really like this site.

Maybe if they see how many want to see a change they might do it!!

Not that I have something against them.
It doesn't matter if we add/subtract/change/move the moderation staff, at the end of the day it's there job to enforce the rules which makes them "the bad guys".
Old 10-29-2008, 02:04 PM

No not bad guys, good guys...just bad guys when there is rules being broken and nothing is done..and when you try to contact one, there is no response! It would make a pretty good difference if we had more mods..GOOD MODS that is!
Old 10-29-2008, 02:14 PM

True that. I mean like I said i have nothing against them. But if there are mods who are not doing their job. Why not give the opportunity to others?

Originally Posted by 06superchargedbalt
No not bad guys, good guys...just bad guys when there is rules being broken and nothing is done..and when you try to contact one, there is no response! It would make a pretty good difference if we had more mods..GOOD MODS that is!
Old 10-29-2008, 02:31 PM

Agreed X10
Old 10-29-2008, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by REIGN SS
It doesn't matter if we add/subtract/change/move the moderation staff, at the end of the day it's there job to enforce the rules which makes them "the bad guys".
^Agreed. People get all pissy with the mods if they do enforce a rule. And then get mad if a different one doesn't enforce the same rule as much, and so on....

you guys can't just make a poll to change the mods. "Voting" in just anyone is out of teh wuestion. The time has to be taken by teh current mods to consider a potential candidate, so they can review and determine if that person would be a good admin; usually.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:15 PM

How about adding 5-10 more mods to try and ensure there is always 2-3 mods online at any given time to deal with the bs that comes along, make sure u find mods in different time zones, be organized about it, try and have some type of schedual setup, hell add 20 more mods if u have to, give them limited powers or something, bottom line, css.net needs more mods, plain and simple, so start lookin at ppl who are always on here at specific times of the day and get them setup as moderators.

Quick Reply: New Staff?