Poll: Proposal to make CobaltSS.net a "no street racing" forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 11:00 PM
Original Hayden Fanatic
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LScoupeTUNER
we got a mod on our side...what now..
most of the mods don't care for street racing, plus that section is a flamefest anyways... I'd like to see the whole damn section moved so everyone can read, but only premiums can post, that should stop most of the GTrOlls
Old 01-04-2008, 11:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by an0malous
this is like being on a rifle club forum, and having a section devoted to poaching.
and the poachers saying....if you dont like it, dont read it.
that analogue > chuck norris

Originally Posted by REIGN SS
most of the mods don't care for street racing, plus that section is a flamefest anyways... I'd like to see the whole damn section moved so everyone can read, but only premiums can post, that should stop most of the GTrOlls
yeah. like a new version of the dungeon...hahaha

Last edited by LScoupeTUNER; 01-04-2008 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-04-2008, 11:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SJSchafer
If you read my previous post, you will see where I quoted someone giving dude all kinds of props and smileys and gold cups and ****. Maybe, I was being a bit vague, but in my mind, that kinda made it obviouse that we were glorifying it (and therefor agreeing with you on that point).
haha my apologies. apparently this one went over MY head.

sorry man.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by an0malous
this isnt about being offended my man.

this is like being on a rifle club forum, and having a section devoted to poaching.
and the poachers saying....if you dont like it, dont read it.
There just not dumb enough to rat themselves out!
Old 01-04-2008, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Red2.4SS
I never post on those threads. And if I were to it would more than likely be to tell them they were being a *******. In fact I just peeked at it for the first time right now!

120MPH FTL! Very stupid.

i'll admit i'll race every now and then but only to like 140-150 tops..any thing above that u don't have enough control if something goes wrong (and never in traffic thats just stupid..only if its a long enough stretch of no traffic)..even 140-150 is pushing it though......btw im in CANADA before any one starts saying uhhh isn't 140-150 more than 120? or how is ur balt even able to go that fast or something like that
Old 01-04-2008, 11:06 PM

ahaha..red
Old 01-04-2008, 11:06 PM

I say ban it. Just have a section set up for track racing and make people post slips. That way there is no arguement and we aren't promoting an illegal activity that endangers peoples lives.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by LSCobaltlover05
I say ban it. Just have a section set up for track racing and make people post slips. That way there is no arguement and we aren't promoting an illegal activity that endangers peoples lives.
i like! that way you keep your fun, and it WAY less illegal and WAY less dangerous
Old 01-04-2008, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by LSCobaltlover05
i agree
Old 01-04-2008, 11:39 PM

well we better ban EVERYTHING ILEGAL then..including ILEGAL DRUGS/PROSTITUION (sp) AND ILEGAL ACTIONS...

because you cant just ban one thing ilegal and not ban the rest..last time i checked that wasnt very fair at all..
Old 01-04-2008, 11:45 PM

I pay for this ****, I think I should be able to talk about just about whatever I damn well please. If you want to make it for premium members only... well whatever. But banning completely = ftl.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:46 PM

to the OP..you have the right idea..wrong plan..

insted of just sweeping all the street racing talk under the rug why not educate drivers on this website of the consciquinces (SP) of street racing...by just baning it you really are not going to stop people from doing it, if anything more people will countiune to do it because good thought provoking conversation is created when somone posts "guess who i beat on the weekend"

im a perfect example of this, i use to street race every car i could..now that ive posted and talked about it on the forums ive been more informed on the topic and showen the consicuensices...thus preventing me from street racing.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:50 PM

allow it cause no matter what its still gunna happen and it will be posted in the off topic section then
Old 01-04-2008, 11:54 PM

if keeping people from street racing was as easy as not allowing them to talk about it on css.net then it would be a good idea...
Old 01-05-2008, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by trent_ky
if keeping people from street racing was as easy as not allowing them to talk about it on css.net then it would be a good idea...
but we know that wont happen
Old 01-05-2008, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by KillerBee
but we know that wont happen
agreed
Old 01-05-2008, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Red2.4SS
It tis thanks to our first amendment rights to freedom of speach.

If you don't like it don't look at the post. Or if you feel so motivated to do so, post your feelings and try to sway them to not do it next time.

NO!!!

Driving stupidly is reckless driving/ reckless endangerment.

People drive stupidly all the time and most are anything but racing!
This kid can't be serious.

So if I support drunk driving, violence, or retail theft I should be able to post about it on an internet forum? Those who don't support those ideas can just look away.

You'll grow up one day.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by Witt

So if I support drunk driving, violence, or retail theft I should be able to post about it on an internet forum? Those who don't support those ideas can just look away.

You'll grow up one day.
Why shouldn't you be able to? That's what forums are all about, is it not? People's opinions? I think you are the one who needs to grow up bud....
Old 01-05-2008, 12:07 AM

You'll grow up one day.
and if we never talked about drunk driving, violence or retial theft do you honestly in your right mind think they would stop?? the only way to help prevent and stop is to educate and by "not talking about it" no one gets educated...

you'll learn one day..
Old 01-05-2008, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by UmeNNis
Why shouldn't you be able to? That's what forums are all about, is it not? People's opinions? I think you are the one who needs to grow up bud....
Don't try and say that supporting illegal street racing is giving an opinion.
Originally Posted by Projekt
and if we never talked about drunk driving, violence or retial theft do you honestly in your right mind think they would stop?? the only way to help prevent and stop is to educate and by "not talking about it" no one gets educated...

you'll learn one day..
Theres one thing to talk about, its completely different to condone it.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:12 AM
Banned

people, LEARN TO READ!!! it's been said many, many times in this thread that the purpose is not to stop street racing. so stop using the argument "it's still going to happen".

should we make heroin and krack legal substances, and openly talk about them? people will still do them, so what's the difference.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:13 AM

Don't try and say that supporting illegal street racing is giving an opinion.

Theres one thing to talk about, its completely different to condone it.
so what your saying is, you would rather have a website COMPLETLY without talk of street racing so that the 17 year old kid who just got his license street races every punk in town untill one day he kills himself,his passenger and somone else driving a car? because personaly id rather have that 17 year old punk post about his kill vs a aveo so that the css.net community can REEM him out and tell him to take it to the track...you know how i know this works?? because it ******* worked on me and without fellow css.net memebers reeming on me about street racing id proply be dead or in jail...

but by all means ban it and kill more people...
Old 01-05-2008, 12:14 AM

i think people are quite frank and honest on here and if they think that you were doing something stupid are now bragging about it, they will let you know that you are an idiot. In other words i dont think its necessary for the site to have an official stance on it but let the users control it, everyone thats been on here long enough knows the stance of the older members as far as street racing goes
Old 01-05-2008, 12:17 AM

Ban it...

Whether you like it or not, an0m has been dead on with his points... its clear as day that these posts glorify street racing... for every "take it to a track" response, you get 5 "good kill, :thumbs:" responses...

And altho its not the point of the thread...
personally, when I read those threads, and see someone beating -insert car here- I think to myself, "I know someone with that car, wonder If i can pull on him too..."... You may not run out and call you buddy to meet him on the highway, but one day those thoughts might lead to an action... and possibly that action will lead to something unfavorable.

Not saying a ban would stop street racers from goin out... but it might help the "non-street racers" from starting...
Old 01-05-2008, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Projekt
so what your saying is, you would rather have a website COMPLETLY without talk of street racing so that the 17 year old kid who just got his license street races every punk in town untill one day he kills himself,his passenger and somone else driving a car? because personaly id rather have that 17 year old punk post about his kill vs a aveo so that the css.net community can REEM him out and tell him to take it to the track...you know how i know this works?? because it ******* worked on me and without fellow css.net memebers reeming on me about street racing id proply be dead or in jail...

but by all means ban it and kill more people...
If you take a minute and read some of the sections of the forum, there are far more replys to threads supporting the original poster street racing than there are people trying to "teach the kid a lesson".

Street racing has no purpose on this or any other car forum. Its not my job to tell every teenager about the consequences of racing on public roads. Its also not my wish to watch half the forum support the kid when he posts kills on the highway then those same people who state "Man, how can he be so dumb?" when he kills an elderly woman at an intersection. That story ring a bell?

Quick Reply: Poll: Proposal to make CobaltSS.net a "no street racing" forum