69.70%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Proposal to make CobaltSS.net a "no street racing" forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 12:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by VolklSkiier
Ban it...

Whether you like it or not, an0m has been dead on with his points... its clear as day that these posts glorify street racing... for every "take it to a track" response, you get 5 "good kill, :thumbs:" responses...

And personally, when I read those threads, and see someone beating -insert car here- I think to myself, "I know someone with that car, wonder If i can pull on him too..."... You may not run out and call you buddy to meet him on the highway, but one day those thoughts might lead to an action... and possibly that action will lead to something unfavorable.

Not saying a ban would stop street racers from goin out... but it might help the "non-street racers" from starting...
you know what..you make a very good point..but i think baning it is a little extreme..

i think its our rolls as elder css.net memebers to insted of THUMBS UP YEAH WOO U ROCKZORS SOCKZORS! tell them the conciuences and kindly ask them to take it to the track insted...what really does it for me is that SRT-4 video of the kid that almost died..wow did it turn my life around...

your point is excelent, im still not pro on ban..to extreme..we must encourage people who are street racing to take it to the track..

Originally Posted by Witt
If you take a minute and read some of the sections of the forum, there are far more replys to threads supporting the original poster street racing than there are people trying to "teach the kid a lesson".

Street racing has no purpose on this or any other car forum. Its not my job to tell every teenager about the consequences of racing on public roads. Its also not my wish to watch half the forum support the kid when he posts kills on the highway then those same people who state "Man, how can he be so dumb?" when he kills an elderly woman at an intersection. That story ring a bell?
no that story really does not ring a bell lol..ive never heard it..

but for you to say its not your job to tell every teenager about the consenquences...well..shouldnt you make it your job if you want to live in a safer world? personally if i had the chance to change some teenagers life like fellow css.net memebers have..i would take it in a heart beat..

i guess that divides the people who want to save lives and who dont..

maybe i should be a paramedic..

Last edited by Projekt; 01-05-2008 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-05-2008, 12:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by XM15
Unsure. Street racing is bad, but I do enjoy the threads about it.
X2. naioa (north american impala owners assiciation has a forum like this.)

Racing Stories
NAIOA does not encourage street racing, but if you have any good stories won or lost, we would love to hear them.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:24 AM

yeah i heard of that accident it was on a dr.jackass (dr.phil) sad stuff nonetheless
Old 01-05-2008, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by erics95se
X2. naioa (north american impala owners assiciation has a forum like this.)

Racing Stories
NAIOA does not encourage street racing, but if you have any good stories won or lost, we would love to hear them.
0 Users active
its cuz they drive impalas...the only time impalas race is when grandma is bringing back her food from the safeway :P

just ragging on ya man haha

Originally Posted by Greased
yeah i heard of that accident it was on a dr.jackass (dr.phil) sad stuff nonetheless
OH RIGHT! yeah i remember that one..hense where my avatar name came from..it wasnt the street racing that killed her..it was the light pole!!

Last edited by Projekt; 01-05-2008 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-05-2008, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by Projekt
you know what..you make a very good point..but i think baning it is a little extreme..

i think its our rolls as elder css.net memebers to insted of THUMBS UP YEAH WOO U ROCKZORS SOCKZORS! tell them the conciuences and kindly ask them to take it to the track insted...what really does it for me is that SRT-4 video of the kid that almost died..wow did it turn my life around...

your point is excelent, im still not pro on ban..to extreme..we must encourage people who are street racing to take it to the track..

no that story really does not ring a bell lol..ive never heard it..

but for you to say its not your job to tell every teenager about the consenquences...well..shouldnt you make it your job if you want to live in a safer world? personally if i had the chance to change some teenagers life like fellow css.net memebers have..i would take it in a heart beat..

i guess that divides the people who want to save lives and who dont..

maybe i should be a paramedic..
It happened here and on the redline forums with the user cvenom2122. Others around here need to take a look at what happened and learn from his mistake instead of falling into that trap. It will ruin yours and probably someone else's life.

I understand what you're saying about educating people on street racing. Other forums handle this quite differently and it does seem to work well, at least better than it does here.

Any post about "kills" on this forum are almost always illegal street racing ones. It really has been the accepted thing to do here. By changing the racing sections of the forum to allow only discussion of drag, autocross, and road racing you would have a lot less unneccesary discussion on what little Johnny thinks he can rev his engine at while sitting at a redlight. I know this because it works very well on other forums.

I'm frankly surprised it has persisted as long as it did here for the simple reason of liability. Having street racing threads go unmoderated is no different than hosting a website about how to manufacture drugs or information on stealing digital information. Its illegal and sites that condone it are constantly shut down.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:33 AM

Freedom of speech.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:35 AM

It happened here and on the redline forums with the user cvenom2122. Others around here need to take a look at what happened and learn from his mistake instead of falling into that trap. It will ruin yours and probably someone else's life.

I understand what you're saying about educating people on street racing. Other forums handle this quite differently and it does seem to work well, at least better than it does here.

Any post about "kills" on this forum are almost always illegal street racing ones. It really has been the accepted thing to do here. By changing the racing sections of the forum to allow only discussion of drag, autocross, and road racing you would have a lot less unneccesary discussion on what little Johnny thinks he can rev his engine at while sitting at a redlight. I know this because it works very well on other forums.

I'm frankly surprised it has persisted as long as it did here for the simple reason of liability. Having street racing threads go unmoderated is no different than hosting a website about how to manufacture drugs or information on stealing digital information. Its illegal and sites that condone it are constantly shut down.
well said, i still think its to extreme to just ban it... and as far as ilegal activaty..u know how many "do you guys smoke this" or "is this good to smoke" threads happen on this website? personally ive never touched a drug in my life and never want to and id like to get that banned, but i understand people do it and find enjoyment with it so by all means..

but if u ban street racing..i think ilegal drugs should follow suit..only fair..then im sure talks on religion will get brought into it..

what im saying is..where do you draw the line?
Old 01-05-2008, 12:35 AM

its cuz they drive impalas...the only time impalas race is when grandma is bringing back her food from the safeway :P

just ragging on ya man haha

OH RIGHT! yeah i remember that one..hense where my avatar name came from..it wasnt the street racing that killed her..it was the light pole!!
yeah? and you've got a 2.4L SS n/a 4 door
Old 01-05-2008, 12:36 AM

Okay first off I will probably be flamed...I'm not for street racing all that much, but yes I have done it..and do it every now and then whenever its late late and make sure there are no entrances coming into the road that I'm racing on.

I mean of course banning it may reduce some of the talk about street racing...but honestly we're car people...street racing is going to occur, just as long as you don't go out and endanger everybodies life on a busy day on the highway I don't see too much danger in it...I believe education would be a good step to be honest. Videos that are made about street racing and show the consequences gets to peoples heart more than anything.

I see Css.net a forum of many rules and I am afraid to say much on here in being afraid that I will banned etc. etc. That is one reason I really don't want to become a premium member becuase freedom of speech seems to be void here on many subjects.

I will compare this to support for birth control in highschools...they try to preach being absitant (sp?) instead I believe they should be handing out condoms and educating about sex more. I guess I have more of a republican view on the fact that there should be less central control and people should learn to control theirselves better.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:38 AM

Street are made for racing ...

tracks are for ******.....

thread/

lol... j/k
Old 01-05-2008, 12:38 AM

yeah? and you've got a 2.4L SS n/a 4 door
i was just ragging on ur chain dude chill..and i got a ss 2.4L 2 door but if you would love to run ur impala vs my cobalt at the track id be more then willing to set that up
Old 01-05-2008, 12:40 AM

Besides real races are done on slicks. Ever try to run hoosiers on the highway, they really don't last long.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:41 AM

i was just ragging on ur chain dude chill..and i got a ss 2.4L 2 door but if you would love to run ur impala vs my cobalt at the track id be more then willing to set that up
No use i'm sure he'd be owned haha.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by L.P.
Okay first off I will probably be flamed...I'm not for street racing all that much, but yes I have done it..and do it every now and then whenever its late late and make sure there are no entrances coming into the road that I'm racing on.

I mean of course banning it may reduce some of the talk about street racing...but honestly we're car people...street racing is going to occur, just as long as you don't go out and endanger everybodies life on a busy day on the highway I don't see too much danger in it...I believe education would be a good step to be honest. Videos that are made about street racing and show the consequences gets to peoples heart more than anything.

I see Css.net a forum of many rules and I am afraid to say much on here in being afraid that I will banned etc. etc. That is one reason I really don't want to become a premium member becuase freedom of speech seems to be void here on many subjects.

I will compare this to support for birth control in highschools...they try to preach being absitant (sp?) instead I believe they should be handing out condoms and educating about sex more. I guess I have more of a republican view on the fact that there should be less central control and people should learn to control theirselves better.
well said

Besides real races are done on slicks. Ever try to run hoosiers on the highway, they really don't last long.
i use slicks in winter..im a BALLA!!!

Last edited by Projekt; 01-05-2008 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-05-2008, 12:42 AM

Moderation is key for anything.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:42 AM

No use i'm sure he'd be owned haha.
yeah, i wasnt trying to pick on u impala kid, i personaly would love a 3.8L Supercharged black on black impala SS, would be a sweet car...
Old 01-05-2008, 12:43 AM

I too will admit guilt of street racing in my past. However I think that if you ban the street racing posts etc then you also have to ban all video, links to videos and references to any street racing period. If the point is to not glorify street racing then you have to ban any video etc showing such racing. If you dont, it doesn't matter how cool the car or cars may be, having that video or link to such will be in direct conflict with not having the war stories forum open.
I believe in the route of education to others myself.
My 2 cents.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by RollOver360
Freedom of speech.
this too.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:45 AM

I like watching street racing videos...what can I say I live vicariously...
Old 01-05-2008, 12:46 AM

I like watching street racing videos...what can I say I live vicariously...
good song
Old 01-05-2008, 12:47 AM

good song
Amen...and Yar...oh yeah god bless you hehe.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:50 AM

Amen...and Yar...oh yeah god bless you hehe.
god bless you to fello L.P Lover
Old 01-05-2008, 12:53 AM

Only really like the first album =\ others are O.K.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:04 AM

yeah, i wasnt trying to pick on u impala kid, i personaly would love a 3.8L Supercharged black on black impala SS, would be a sweet car...
meh, they're not bad. i drove an 08 V8 SS today :O
Old 01-05-2008, 01:05 AM

meh, they're not bad. i drove an 08 V8 SS today :O
i driven one two..wasnt anything special i thought...fwd and V8'S really dont go well together..id take the supercharged m90 over one of those personally...to each their own tho

Quick Reply: Poll: Proposal to make CobaltSS.net a "no street racing" forum