Poll: Proposal to make CobaltSS.net a "no street racing" forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 02:07 AM
Original Hayden Fanatic
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by silentd
ya i like how we are premium and have limits in the dungeon
it has been a LONG time since we have had to say anything to anyone in the dungeon....
Old 01-05-2008, 02:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ya i like how we are premium and have limits in the dungeon
when was the last time u posted something in there and it got censored...2girls1cup played..that gental cutting off got played..it dont get no worse
Old 01-05-2008, 02:09 AM
Original Hayden Fanatic
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by L.P.
I have to say if there is any more censorship here then there will be no point of me posting...I am going to laugh whenever people just quit posting on ss.net. Its happening slowly there has been many members it seems leave in the past little bit.

Without members there is no ss.net..got to remember that.
Alot of those people left because of childish posts and members, a sometimes those are the same members that talk about how much they street race & PWN other cars.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:12 AM

that could be.... and yes u cant get worse then that hahaha
Old 01-05-2008, 02:13 AM

Well yes very true....maybe the types of stories about weaving in and out of traffic should be shut down but those where there is back roads involved and late at night...there is a difference between tasteful and stupid.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by REIGN SS
Alot of those people left because of childish posts and members, a sometimes those are the same members that talk about how much they street race & PWN other cars.
i think more people are dropping off to the car not performing to wanted than the childish post..
Old 01-05-2008, 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by Raven SS
i think more people are dropping off to the car not performing to wanted than the childish post..
agree aswell, but now with the return style fuel, and the new 7th gen supercharger.. things seem to be turning around

its our fuel system that sucked *****
Old 01-05-2008, 02:17 AM

Received 263 Likes on 222 Posts
a local forum i was on years back used to have street racing posts all the time and was accepted. that was untill we had local police trolling our boards and figured out who one guy was, one day pulled him over and got arrested for street racing. there was no hard evidence to back up the charges so nothing happened. everyone learned 2 important things from that
1) dont have pics of your lic plate in your sig
2)you never know who is roaming the forums
had this guy had a video posted of it, he would have been in jail. keep in mind that street racing in BC is a criminal offence, if your caught your car gets impounded on the spot and you go to jail, its simple. still doesnt deture it though.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:20 AM

ya thats one thing to watch for sure
Old 01-05-2008, 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by DC52NV
there's lots of censorship on this site actually, as well as most sites. most other forums i visit don't have a street racing section because that is not the type of attitude or members they want posting. these other car sites though have been around for ages and are well established.
There is lots of censorship here, yes, but I'm hoping most of it is related to direct slander / flaming of other users. I don't think censorship is the most effective way to curb the spread of misinformation.. in an open forum, ideally, if one posts something stupid, one's post should be torn apart by other users rather quickly and left INTACT for others to see, discuss, learn from, etc.

So, it all depends on what you as moderators and administrators want from your site. If you want to shape a nice reputation as a technical-only fact-only car site, for example, then by all means go ahead and prune all unrelated posts. If you want a truly open forum for people to come and talk and learn, then you need to tone down the censorship.

Just make sure you clarify, and know that it will be much more work for you to delete future street-racing-related posts if you decide to do so .

Good thread though. Got me thinking.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by Sharkey
a local forum i was on years back used to have street racing posts all the time and was accepted. that was untill we had local police trolling our boards and figured out who one guy was, one day pulled him over and got arrested for street racing. there was no hard evidence to back up the charges so nothing happened. everyone learned 2 important things from that
1) dont have pics of your lic plate in your sig
2)you never know who is roaming the forums
had this guy had a video posted of it, he would have been in jail. keep in mind that street racing in BC is a criminal offence, if your caught your car gets impounded on the spot and you go to jail, its simple. still doesnt deture it though.
its not going to either..as long as theres performance cars...and speed upgrades..there is always going to be street racing..until we all get nuetered at birth until then we will never back down from a challenge
Old 01-05-2008, 02:26 AM

u have to think logically thats all... alot of people cant do that now adays, especially when competition gets to their head
Old 01-05-2008, 02:44 AM

u have to think logically thats all... alot of people cant do that now adays, especially when competition gets to their head
you here alot of that on here
Old 01-05-2008, 02:46 AM

Old 01-05-2008, 02:54 AM
Site Founder

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing.

Also, you have to take those stories with a grain of salt. Most seem fictional and for entreating values only.
We don’t encourage or support ANY illegal activities, but at the same time we’re not going to waste our time and locking any talk on this subject. If we did, we’d have to lock all talk that is illegal (ie you smoking weed, fighting your friend and what not).

If you do not like those kind of stories, please stay away from that section.
I hate street racing myself. That’s why I give any street racing YouTube videos I run across thumbs down.

The End