Site Development and Help Site Discussions, Suggestions, and Help
View Poll Results: Should Members be allowed to Block other members from their thread?
Yes, this is a good idea for everyone!
0%
Good idea, but only Premium Members should be able to do it.
0%
No, Horrible Idea.
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Possibly Blocking Members from Posting in your Thread?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 04:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Possibly Blocking Members from Posting in your Thread?

Since we seem to have an influx of member bashing and locked threads on this site. I was just wondering if the Ignore list can possibly be modified so that if YOU post a thread, then you can block any other member from having their comments viewable in that thread.

Kinda like self Moderation, because I know there are numerous members on this site that are really frustrated when other yokels get into a holy war and getting their thread locked. I've seen the Original Poster begging other members to stop fighting in their thread on numerous occasions . All that could be avoided if the OP could just click a button and those user's comments won't be seen by anyone.
I know that we as members don't technically OWN the forums, but the ideas are our property that CSS.net is hosting.
This can also be modified so that Premium paying members only can use this function. Lord knows that there are hundreds of regular members willing to pay $10 to be able to exclude a troublemaker from their thread, I'm sure JonyyB wouldn't mind the extra income either.
Let me know what you think. It's just an idea and it's not directed at anyone in particular. I believe I posted this in the appropriate section and it doesn't violate site rules, but we'll see if the mods lock it down or not.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like your sig.....
Old 09-05-2008, 04:26 PM
Site Founder

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry I do not like this idea where the OP can ban everyone form sing the content.