Site Development and Help Site Discussions, Suggestions, and Help

Seriously this issue needs to be address...

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 01:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seriously this issue needs to be address...

What are we honestly paying our membership fees for?

We need to rethink that. Either increase the amount or hide more forum sections to non-members. Like pay for How-To's, etc. Just so we can actually have a server to support our demand of database.

Old 02-23-2009, 01:24 AM

Im on here all day usually and i dont ever have a problem.... Maybe its your computer or maybe not... But all i can tell you 10 bucks doesnt get you very far in this world haha...

Thats why we pay for the dungeon!!!!!
Old 02-23-2009, 01:24 AM

I have the problem as well as does everyone at times

I'm sure they are very aware of this and are working out a fix

We really don't need xx threads about it
Old 02-23-2009, 01:26 AM

Some days it's bad and others you won't get that screen at all. Meh... I deal with it. I hop over to autoblog or something when this site is running like ****, gives me an excuse to not be here all day.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:26 AM

it usually does this every time the server sends out the forum "update" emails....id say either get rid of that feature or increase the bandwidth
Old 02-23-2009, 01:28 AM

whats the dungeon really
Old 02-23-2009, 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by Northern
I have the problem as well as does everyone at times

I'm sure they are very aware of this and are working out a fix

We really don't need xx threads about it
This has been an issue for AWHILE, and myself and others are fed up with it.

This is the first time it took me more than 5 minutes to log onto the site, and no it is not my computer or internet connection.

Originally Posted by jaygo7007
whats the dungeon really
Join and find out. Being serious. We have a ***** thread there for us post count ******. I chat with my buddies on there.

There is a lot of NWS content there. That is the main thing. I just go into the ***** thread.

Last edited by Blackout06LS; 02-23-2009 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-23-2009, 01:30 AM
Original Hayden Fanatic
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you notice, it happens at the same time every night... It is when the server does all it's maintenance, emails, and updates for the night.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:31 AM

we ALL have that problem... well except for 2fastSS for some reason, i guess es special...
Old 02-23-2009, 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by Acey
Some days it's bad and others you won't get that screen at all. Meh... I deal with it. I hop over to autoblog or something when this site is running like ****, gives me an excuse to not be here all day.
I have 5 tabs up so I scroll over to myspace, facebook, mx6.com and others.

Point is...$10 bucks is no where enough to run a good adequate server ESPECIALLY with the SS/TC.

We are going to be getting a lot of new people. We got roughly 20-30 new people with Karo's thread. Granted most were just trying to con him out of his offer.

Originally Posted by REIGN SS
If you notice, it happens at the same time every night... It is when the server does all it's maintenance, emails, and updates for the night.
5 times today? This is just odd though. First day since we redid our website Reign. When it was happening at night time I knew what it was. But this happened during the day the past week. I sat on it...just I mean if we need to start paying more. I'll be happy to pay $15-30 a year for this website. $10 bucks is nothing.

If the Admin and Mods(you too Reign) need more support than I am up for it.

Last edited by Blackout06LS; 02-23-2009 at 01:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-23-2009, 01:35 AM
Original Hayden Fanatic
Platinum Member

The issue is being addressed, the Admin is fully aware of the situation but sometimes these issues take time to resolve. Also you have to remember; this site isn't his full time job, it's a hobby and JonyyB has a lot on his plate at the moment in his real life. I'm not saying he is ignoring the site, because he IS working on it, it's just going to take some time.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by Blackout06LS
This has been an issue for AWHILE, and myself and others are fed up with it.

This is the first time it took me more than 5 minutes to log onto the site, and no it is not my computer or internet connection.

Join and find out. Being serious. We have a ***** thread there for us post count ******. I chat with my buddies on there.

There is a lot of NWS content there. That is the main thing. I just go into the ***** thread.
where tp sign up lmao
Old 02-23-2009, 01:37 AM

it is frustrating but Jonyy already said he's addressing it so all we can do is be patient. But I agree maybe there should some more minor control Mods just to keep the place running smoothly. Maybe they can work in shifts while the original mods run things from above that way it doesn't all fall on jonyy. But just a thought. I'd love to be a mod (no not to ban people lol) just cuz i think it would be cool and i do spend quite a bit of time on this forum.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:38 AM

What are we honestly paying our membership fees for?

We need to rethink that. Either increase the amount or hide more forum sections to non-members. Like pay for How-To's, etc. Just so we can actually have a server to support our demand of database.

I agree... I hate trying to be on here, and it won't let me, especially when I have paid my membership dues. Hide more stuff or give the paid members priority over non-members.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:39 AM

The issue is being addressed, the Admin is fully aware of the situation but sometimes these issues take time to resolve. Also you have to remember; this site isn't his full time job, it's a hobby and JonyyB has a lot on his plate at the moment in his real life. I'm not saying he is ignoring the site, because he IS working on it, it's just going to take some time.
JonyyB is the best Admin I have seen to date.

If you guys want to move to $10/6 months. That will help a little. I am annoyed, but I am not going to just bitch about it. I am offering help.

Sometimes a website can overcome the Admin & Mods. I mean if you guys need us to help...then just mention it. Most of us are not ******** and understand about our Admin. He is a awesome guy from the times I've seen him post. And you...sometimes.() Talked to Erod on AIM.

CSS may have a few problem people, but 98% of the people are supportive. So if you guys need help just mention it.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:39 AM

Yeah i wouldnt mind paying a couple bucks more and hiding more threads would be an awesome way toget more people to become a premium member and pay. Good ideas!

Iagree with blackout Jonyyb is the best admin ihave seen.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by Quicksilver83
it is frustrating but Jonyy already said he's addressing it so all we can do is be patient. But I agree maybe there should some more minor control Mods just to keep the place running smoothly. Maybe they can work in shifts while the original mods run things from above that way it doesn't all fall on jonyy. But just a thought. I'd love to be a mod (no not to ban people lol) just cuz i think it would be cool and i do spend quite a bit of time on this forum.
This website is far to big now just for him. It's grown just in the almost 3 years I have been here.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:43 AM

This website is far to big now just for him. It's grown just in the almost 3 years I have been here.
our join dates are less than a month apart so believe me i've noticed it has grown quite a bit. My post count is low mainly cuz I used to read a lot more than I ever posted. Why not have the mods now become super mods and have a series of regular mods that way it all runs smoothly kind of like a lil army lol
Old 02-23-2009, 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by Quicksilver83
our join dates are less than a month apart so believe me i've noticed it has grown quite a bit. My post count is low mainly cuz I used to read a lot more than I ever posted. Why not have the mods now become super mods and have a series of regular mods that way it all runs smoothly kind of like a lil army lol
And people would have to follow chain of command.

My posts are big because of the ***** threads. Look at Reign's
Old 02-23-2009, 01:47 AM

Ok, I retract my orginal statement... If Johnny B is working on it, when he can, I am sure the problem will be resolved in a timely manner.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:48 AM

And people would have to follow chain of command.

My posts are big because of the ***** threads.
Exactly, kind of like only the regular mods can lock threads or move them to their correct topical section but super mods can slam the ban hammer plus also obviously what the regular mods can do.

My post count has grown quite a bit in the last 6 months but i blame that on the epic ps3 lounge thread which i have and a few others a major foot hole in lol.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:49 AM

Received 263 Likes on 222 Posts
i wouldnt say to hide more things. if you were to hide off topic (arguably the biggest section of the site) you end up with off topic posts in other sections. if you hide tech sections it puts people off as they have to pay to get the info the site offers, and they will turn elsewere. i think the ideal thing would be to give premium members priority, so if the forum is busy a non paying member gets the message instead of the premium member. i do know thats very likley not possible to do though, just saying that would be the ideal thing.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:50 AM

We really do not need more mods as we have plenty(for now) who are ACTIVE in this site. They also joke around with us and they know what I am talking about.

JonnyB needs to take the two he knows the best and trusts and grant them ALMOST the same rights as him so times like this(talking about his real life) things can go smoothly and not hurt the website.

Even if it is a hobby...gotta look at it as a business aspect too.

Originally Posted by Sharkey
i wouldnt say to hide more things. if you were to hide off topic (arguably the biggest section of the site) you end up with off topic posts in other sections. if you hide tech sections it puts people off as they have to pay to get the info the site offers, and they will turn elsewere. i think the ideal thing would be to give premium members priority, so if the forum is busy a non paying member gets the message instead of the premium member. i do know thats very likley not possible to do though, just saying that would be the ideal thing.
No not Off-topic. That should be available. I am talking like our How-To section.

Also work out a deal with our vendors where site supports get a extra discount, etc. Deal on special products, etc. Like a special forum. But not just focus on the members as non-members are supporting our vendors as well.

Even though I am a member. I do not own a Cobalt. I talked with a fellow CSS member he referred me to a vendor. I purchased from the vendor for a Mazda. Word by mouth goes a long ways so we do not need to ruin that for our vendors.

Last edited by Blackout06LS; 02-23-2009 at 01:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-23-2009, 01:55 AM

yea i just bought my permium membership last night and i kinda feel like i just threw 10 bucks out the window.. and who actually gets the $10? because i want it back hahaha i dont really care about all the booobbbs in the dungeon
Old 02-23-2009, 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by blk ss/sc 1
yea i just bought my permium membership last night and i kinda feel like i just threw 10 bucks out the window.. and who actually gets the $10? because i want it back hahaha i dont really care about all the booobbbs in the dungeon
The funds goes directly to Admin to be split up into the CSS maintenance/server costs.

Quick Reply: Seriously this issue needs to be address...