Site Development and Help Site Discussions, Suggestions, and Help
View Poll Results: Should the site administrators have a vendor rating system on this site?
Yes i want a vendor rating system
97.22%
no i don't like that idea
2.78%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Vendor Rating System (JonnyB please read)

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 12:17 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vendor Rating System (JonnyB please read)

Well i was going through the different threads on this site and i came across two the disturbed me. Both were concerning the same person/vendor. I was reading through it and it seems as though my fellow cobalters were getting ripped off by someone. One of the posts had suggested a vendor rating system which I think would be a fantastic idea! Something similar to what is on Amazon.com or Ebay. Even if it was just a rating system and no place o put a comment would be better than nothing so that we could at least see how one vendor stacks up against the others. there could be a series of questions like shipping speed, customer service, quality of product, and over all satisfaction for example. and make these questions like a 5 star rating system. Moderators please don't lock this I'm not bashing anyone I'm just trying to help so people don't get ripped off again.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:23 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i love this idea... i understand the concept of not "bashing" a supporting vendor, but at the same time, if someone has a bad experience with them we should all know about it without the thread getting deleted or locked... the "streetbadges" incedent could have totally been avoided if people were allowed to post that this guy was a scammer... insted, it gets locked, and more people get ripped off because there's no way to make them aware.. yes, we can notify a mod, but that doesn't stop people from getting ripped off untill more people complain...

any of the reputable companies would probably LOVE this idea, because they have nothing to hide and would not be hurt by their ratings system... only the shady ones or scammers would be opposed to this...
Old 02-19-2007, 12:23 PM

This is a MUST, IMO. If you want us to patronize supporting vendors, we need a way to see how fellow customers have been treated. I've done business with several supporting vendors and have gotten absolutely shitty service from some and excellent service from others who went above and beyond what was necessary. It'd be nice to be able to let others know who to steer clear of and who to give their money to and be confident in doing business with these people.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:24 PM

I'd love to know who voted NO
Old 02-19-2007, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by suburbanrobot
it was prolly that shaun guy from street badges
Old 02-19-2007, 12:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by suburbanrobot

you can click... something demon is the name...
Old 02-19-2007, 12:26 PM
Banned

hey guys lets keep vendor names out of this so that it doesn't get locked!
Old 02-19-2007, 12:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Boosted_SS
hey guys lets keep vendor names out of this so that it doesn't get locked!
agreed... i think this would be a huge step forward for the site... let's keep this thread clean, and keep everything OUT that could cause it to get locked any faster than it's already going to
Old 02-19-2007, 12:28 PM
Banned

well hopfully it won't get locked cause i'm seriously trying to help out the site and it's members so lets all cross out fingers
Banned

sounds like a good idea to me

Originally Posted by D4u2s0t
i love this idea... i understand the concept of not "bashing" a supporting vendor, but at the same time, if someone has a bad experience with them we should all know about it without the thread getting deleted or locked... the "streetbadges" incedent could have totally been avoided if people were allowed to post that this guy was a scammer... insted, it gets locked, and more people get ripped off because there's no way to make them aware.. yes, we can notify a mod, but that doesn't stop people from getting ripped off untill more people complain...

any of the reputable companies would probably LOVE this idea, because they have nothing to hide and would not be hurt by their ratings system... only the shady ones or scammers would be opposed to this...
I agree wholeheartedly. Not bashing a supporting vendor and making others aware of problems with vendors are two totally different things. I work hard to earn money and I'm damn well going to be sure I'm spending it with a reputable company.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by alleycat58
I agree wholeheartedly. Not bashing a supporting vendor and making others aware of problems with vendors are two totally different things. I work hard to earn money and I'm damn well going to be sure I'm spending it with a reputable company.
exactly... and if anything, a ratings system would HELP the good supporting vendors that really care about more than a dollar sign

It would certainly make the vendors work harder on customer service, although most do that anyways. This would be their reward for that (well that and more $$$)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
To keep vendors from being inappropriately bashed, I would suggest only allowing Premium Members to rate vendors. Then they have something to lose...the money they paid to go premium. No one would pay just to bash a vendor they don't like for no reason, but I'm sure people would create accounts just to give negative feedback if anyone could do it...
Old 02-19-2007, 12:33 PM

For a system like this to work,

All members who rate the vendor must be registered on the forum, and maybe have a certain amount of posts.

The names of all people who rate each vendor should somehow be tracked. This would to a certain extent prevent false ratings. If a vendor nobody has ever heard of has 100 positive ratings on the forum, and all voters have 0 posts, then something must be up.

THEN you have proof of purchase. What if someone hasn't bought from the vendor, but they just feel like being mean and giving them a negative rating? The rating would somehow have to be tied into their store.

Its a great idea, but getting a reliable system in place would definitely require some serious brainstorming and perhaps some creative coding.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Edubs
To keep vendors from being inappropriately bashed, I would suggest only allowing Premium Members to rate vendors. Then they have something to lose...the money they paid to go premium. No one would pay just to bash a vendor they don't like for no reason, but I'm sure people would create accounts just to give negative feedback if anyone could do it...
well like i said even if it asked questions and you had to rate each question 1-5 stars. it leaves no room for bashing but still gets the point across about what you were dissatisfied about.

too bad there couldn't be a cobaltss.net marketplace like the ebay market place where there would be some way to track who was buying from these vendors and a week or two after you ordered you were sent an email with a link to rate your experience

Wooohooo!!!!! We Got Two Vendors Who Voted Yes For This!

Last edited by Boosted_SS; 02-19-2007 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-19-2007, 12:37 PM
Banned

I'm in favor of this system, voted yes.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Pyros777
For a system like this to work,

All members who rate the vendor must be registered on the forum, and maybe have a certain amount of posts.

The names of all people who rate each vendor should somehow be tracked. This would to a certain extent prevent false ratings. If a vendor nobody has ever heard of has 100 positive ratings on the forum, and all voters have 0 posts, then something must be up.

THEN you have proof of purchase. What if someone hasn't bought from the vendor, but they just feel like being mean and giving them a negative rating? The rating would somehow have to be tied into their store.

Its a great idea, but getting a reliable system in place would definitely require some serious brainstorming and perhaps some creative coding.
good idea
Old 02-19-2007, 12:38 PM

Even a couple of vendors like this idea judging from the votes so far.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:40 PM

I think we should have a rating system for EVERYONE, not just vendors. That way, if someone is selling something, you know if they are reliable or not.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:40 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
I don't think it would be a good idea because of all the whiney people on this site that if they order something on a saturday (when most vendors are closed) and don't get it on monday they post threads of how horrible vendors are...

so no it's a bad idea, unless some of these kids grow up one of these days
Old 02-19-2007, 12:42 PM
Site Founder

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think it’s appropriate and I will see what system I can implement in the forums and how it can be used and not abused (the example about weekends is excellent)
Thanks for the feedback.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 06blackg85ss
I don't think it would be a good idea because of all the whiney people on this site that if they order something on a saturday (when most vendors are closed) and don't get it on monday they post threads of how horrible vendors are...

so no it's a bad idea, unless some of these kids grow up one of these days
so you would rather see no rating system and fellow members lose their hard earned cash? if the threads are going to happen regardless why lose sleep over it?

Originally Posted by JonyyB
I think it’s appropriate and I will see what system I can implement in the forums.
Thanks for the feedback.
thanks you're the man!

Last edited by Boosted_SS; 02-19-2007 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-19-2007, 12:44 PM

This is a tough one.... While this is a great idea and would help point out the really good vendors its also a bad idea due to the fact that people over react before the problem is resolved. I think with some good moderating this could be helpful but we do have to be careful of those who post too soon before they even talk to the vendor.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:45 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
funny man cause he agreed with me,. and I deal with vendors I know.. like cobalt-addiction.. been very helpful and plus they are local... so I see no bother.

just do your research before buying anything and you'll be fine..

Quick Reply: Vendor Rating System (JonnyB please read)