Old 06-18-2011, 10:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JustACobalt
woah haha i didnt even notice u became a mod
Lol me either
Old 06-19-2011, 12:41 AM
Banned

Im not trying to get on anyones bad side, but please and i mean please investigate all of my previous posts and tell me where i have said any of these commens that you have just said. I never once said this. What i have said is canned tunes are good but custom tunes are better. Or if people need help i simply help them. Why would i jump into someones Thread when they ask for help. (Its because they ask for help). But i have never said dont go to this tuner or that tuner. But like i said i am not trying to start a war so i am sOrry if anyone on this site felt Like i was PUSHING VENDOS DOWN, OR ECT. Ive said negative things about OTTP, which i understand they are a supporting vendor. I just have had bad exeriences with them. Not there fault, just buissness. Ive always and will support ZZP and TURBO TECH RACING. And all the other venors out there i am sorry i have yet to purchase from you.

Thanks

James

Originally Posted by TommypSS/TC
He's been warned multiple times about side busting other tuners multiple times. It's not that he's simply saying, "hey I can tune you if your interested" it stuff like "don't go to this person, you should come to me for a tune" or "why would you go to this person for a tune I'm better." he's been warned enough times to warrant a ban. Don't worry it's not a perminant ban, he'll be back. Idk how long the ban is because I'm not the one who banned him.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:49 AM
Banned

I was in the area (BTW)

I Travel 90% Of the month. I was just in Rome GA which is 50 miles from Atlanta. The OP of one of the threads asked if here was a tuner local .... I said hey ill be here for a week but ill be leaving. So if you need (HELP) im here. So this is why i post in these threads... Or the Ops just ask for help and i am more then willing. But it seems now i cant send tunes VIA email to help others out. That are out of my area. I understand syupport your VENDORS. I DO............................ I love this site, and i love to help.

Originally Posted by TommypSS/TC
Yes, but in their defense, the trifecta dealers all deal to local guys, they're not trying to sell tunes across the country. That was the biggest complaint about him, that he was advertising to members outside of his area, when other tuners were local.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:52 AM
Banned

Btw i appreciate it........

I REALLY DO BRO...

THANKS

Originally Posted by BPacak
oh yeah hes back, im feeling nice today haha.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:54 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Theres something I don't understand about this situation. This guy gets banned for stealing potential tuning services from supporting vendors. So say someone is looking to buy a heat exchanger and asks where's a good place to buy one. I come along and say hey dude save your money and buy my used one. Now a vendor is out a couple hundred bucks bc I sold someone a used part. Do I get banned for interfering with a potential buy from a supporting vendor? How is that ok? Oh and last year I installed a set of rotated mounts for a member on here for free, is that not ok? Now some shop or vendor is out some money bc I helped a dude out.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:09 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts
Hi everyone!

This isn't an issue about banning someone for giving away tunes. When an individual markets the community with 'I'll be in your area', for his tuning services and charges for those services it is a business, whether formal or informal. When those tuning services are offered in areas of our registered vendors, he is competing with them. No one should expect to continuously enjoy the benefit of exposure to a large Cobalt community (CSS) at no cost while registered vendors pay. Thanks.

Bob..
Old 06-19-2011, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nizzle
EXACTLY. The site costs money to run. Where do people think the money comes from?
It doesn't cost that much for the VB license and site hosting. That can be covered on the premium membership alone for the year. This site is a business opportunity, plain and simple. It is all about revenue vs. expense and trying to maximize that margin with additional revenue sales.

Originally Posted by BPacak
oh yeah hes back, im feeling nice today haha.
God complex much?

Originally Posted by speedlimit
Hi everyone!

This isn't an issue about banning someone for giving away tunes. When an individual markets the community with 'I'll be in your area', for his tuning services and charges for those services it is a business, whether formal or informal. When those tuning services are offered in areas of our registered vendors, he is competing with them. No one should expect to continuously enjoy the benefit of exposure to a large Cobalt community (CSS) at no cost while registered vendors pay. Thanks.

Bob..

Technically when there is no profit involved and the charge is covering expenses your not a business. To really get technical about it, you not an officially recognized business unless you file for the LLC or DBA permit.

If the issue was providing a product to multiple demographics, then there should be a fee to post for sale threads. The poster is providing a product to multiple geo's with the intent to minimize dollars lost or come out ahead.

It is obvious what happened with the ban when you look at the last part of your comment.
No one should expect to continuously enjoy the benefit of exposure to a large Cobalt community (CSS) at no cost while registered vendors pay.
This site was protecting its assets. (Selling vendor subscriptions and retaining yearly renewals).
The assets felt threatened by an individual that has comparable knowledge or a legitimate better understanding of the subject matter with the intent to be a helpful person. The assumption has been made that he does it for monetary gain. Only James can disclose if that is the case.

I can tell you this much. I didn't know James from the man on the moon, but through mutual friends, we were put in contact and he drove the hour to my house to try and correct some issues with a tune that another individual on this site was paid for. And he didn't ask for a dime.

At the end of the day, this site is not a democracy, it is a dictatorship. Moderators are not voted in, they are selected by the greater authority. The moderators and greater authority make the decision if someone is truly helping or providing a service. Forcing someone to pay a yearly fee for providing help is a little thing called extortion.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:26 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by NVMYCOBALTSS
Forcing someone to pay a yearly fee for providing help is a little thing called extortion.
Extortion? A tad strong don't you think? We are discussing advertising fees for someone who actively offers a service and collects a fee when it competes with our registered vendors. I assume you would argue differently if you were a paying vendor? In any case you may call it want you want but that is our rules. If you would like to continue this, please PM me. Thanks.

Bob..

Edit: I've PM'd Chevycobaltss3 to open a discussion concerning these issues.

Last edited by speedlimit; 06-19-2011 at 01:35 PM.