South Central TX, OK, AR, and LA

tune in San Antonio(in July)

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 01:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tune in San Antonio(in July)

if you noticed or not on another thread, GM's of SA is gonna have psykostevo fly in from AZ and tune our cars. We are still in the process of finding a shop that will let us rent out the dyno for the day which would be a saturday in July.

psykostevo requires every person participating or getting there car tuned to send 50 bucks via paypal before he even hops on the plane. Then when we are all at the shop you pay 200 bucks more to cover his whole amount. For you slow people like me thats 250 bucks in total lol. Also you will have to help pitch in for the price on renting the dyno which is TBA at the moment. So if your from the Austin area, and even the Houston or where ever it is you live, and would like to get tuned. You are invited to join!!!! Or if you just wanna come and hang out for the day that would be fine as well. Maybe we can take a bar bq pit and make some brisket or something.

Also I make some killer honey / spicey chicken wings lol

So if you are down for this add your name to the list....

1. DragonsFire
2. Zdeuce4
3. redcobaltss
4. cosworthzx3

if you have questions, feel free to ask.

Last edited by Dragonsfire12345; 06-10-2008 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-10-2008, 01:45 AM

bumpin this to get noticed!
Old 06-10-2008, 02:05 AM
Banned

add me guys
Old 06-10-2008, 02:25 AM

got ya
Old 06-10-2008, 07:42 AM

I am in if you make the wings..........and for a tune........
Old 06-10-2008, 09:55 AM

1. DragonsFire
2. Zdeuce4
3. redcobaltss
4. cosworthzx3
Old 06-10-2008, 10:22 AM
Banned

I'm interested in watching, but not getting tuned. Subscribed for details.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:59 PM
Banned

ok guys......

just got of the phone with lethal performance's owner Danny

heres the low down:

if they tune and dyno: about 300 per car if we bring HPT and credits

if we rent out with a tuner: if we take enough cars it is $70 an hour. regular rate is 100hr

lets get some opinions asap. they said they need a couple of weeks to set up but its all good
Old 06-10-2008, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by redcobaltss
ok guys......

heres the low down:

if we rent out with a tuner: if we take enough cars it is $70 an hour. regular rate is 100hr

lets get some opinions asap. they said they need a couple of weeks to set up but its all good

so it looks like for guys that have hpt and credits already, it'd be better money wise if we just let them tune, and they have dont balts before. If we use psychostevo its lookin like 320

Psykosteveo...
about how long does it usually take to tune 1 car?
Old 06-10-2008, 01:25 PM
Banned

so psychostevo also includes the credits as well?? if he does then i think i would go with him
Old 06-10-2008, 01:30 PM

so psychostevo also includes the credits as well?? if he does then i think i would go with him
credits are like 100 for 2 iirc. and thats how many u need to unlock ur car. it depends on how long the tuning per car is gonna take cuz if its more than an hr for each person its gonna run our total hrs up and if we only have like 5 or 6 guys it could get pricey. Their price they gave u is just a standard price right?
Old 06-10-2008, 02:06 PM
Banned

this was posted in the other thread by pyscostevo:

"If there is a charge for credits then I take it out of the $250 that I charge you. I still charge $250 per car either way. In my favor after tuning enough cars you eventually don't have to pay credits to tune them. If I only charged $150 per car it wouldn't be worth my time to fly to San Antonio. The guys in El Paso saw how hard I worked. I worked non-stop for them from 1030am-610am the next morning with no lunch and a 1 hour break for tacos, then back to porting superchargers. until about an hour after the sun came up. When I come out I mean business, and I expect everyone to hold their word that they will show as well."

"Oh you sendin da wolf?! **** Negro, dats all you had ta say!"
Old 06-10-2008, 04:04 PM

this was posted in the other thread by pyscostevo:

"If there is a charge for credits then I take it out of the $250 that I charge you. I still charge $250 per car either way. In my favor after tuning enough cars you eventually don't have to pay credits to tune them. If I only charged $150 per car it wouldn't be worth my time to fly to San Antonio. The guys in El Paso saw how hard I worked. I worked non-stop for them from 1030am-610am the next morning with no lunch and a 1 hour break for tacos, then back to porting superchargers. until about an hour after the sun came up. When I come out I mean business, and I expect everyone to hold their word that they will show as well."

"Oh you sendin da wolf?! **** Negro, dats all you had ta say!"
i remember that, im just referring to the time... if we take 10 hrs and there's only 5 people thats 140 per person just to rent the dyno. my question is if lethal's cost of 300 is not based on hrs?
Old 06-10-2008, 04:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Zdeuce4
i remember that, im just referring to the time... if we take 10 hrs and there's only 5 people thats 140 per person just to rent the dyno. my question is if lethal's cost of 300 is not based on hrs?
yea it includes the hours
Old 06-10-2008, 05:40 PM

has anybody talked to PSI?
Old 06-10-2008, 05:47 PM

Subscribed.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:50 PM

can i get a date then i should know. plus my cobalt took a **** on me last night, my gears engage hard but talked to the dealership and my tranny comes in thursday along with my new headlight and fuel cell
Old 06-10-2008, 05:57 PM

mmmmm?
Old 06-10-2008, 06:02 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Dainslaif
I'm interested in watching, but not getting tuned. Subscribed for details.
You're more than welcome to watch!

ok guys......

heres the low down:

That's not a bad deal on the time. These cars are not hard to tune on the dyno. We just need to bring big bags of ice for the blowers and a spray gun for the intercoolers.

So you can go through them it looks like for ~$400 a car with credits added in, or through me for $320 inluding the $70 to them for the dyno.

Let's make sure if we throw a BBQ that we include the shop guys in on it too.

Yes, credits are included

Psykosteveo...
about how long does it usually take to tune 1 car?
Most cars take 3 pulls. So the quicker you can get them cooled off between runs the better. It usually takes 45 minutes to do 4 pulls. So figure 5-6 pulls in an hour.

Do they have a Strap-down dyno, or a drive-on dual roller dyno? I like the ones that you can just drive up on and do pulls without having to spend 30 minutes messing with straps.

Last edited by Psykostevo; 06-10-2008 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-10-2008, 07:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Psykostevo
You're more than welcome to watch!

That's not a bad deal on the time. These cars are not hard to tune on the dyno. We just need to bring big bags of ice for the blowers and a spray gun for the intercoolers.

So you can go through them it looks like for ~$400 a car with credits added in, or through me for $320 inluding the $70 to them for the dyno.

Let's make sure if we throw a BBQ that we include the shop guys in on it too.

Yes, credits are included

Most cars take 3 pulls. So the quicker you can get them cooled off between runs the better. It usually takes 45 minutes to do 4 pulls. So figure 5-6 pulls in an hour.

Do they have a Strap-down dyno, or a drive-on dual roller dyno? I like the ones that you can just drive up on and do pulls without having to spend 30 minutes messing with straps.
well i think it would be better i f u come in. u seem to have more experience in the cobalt area. not taking anything away from lethals tuners. and plus they are really coo guys. i vote for u to come down and do the tuning. i will let them know we will bbq as well.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:19 PM

well i think it would be better i f u come in. u seem to have more experience in the cobalt area. not taking anything away from lethals tuners. and plus they are really coo guys. i vote for u to come down and do the tuning. i will let them know we will bbq as well.
thats cool with me.. i guess we'll save our stock files to wut we have just in case somethin happens.

psycostevo im not sure on this but when u make a tuning file u can switch back and forth at will right? and it doesnt necessarily hurt anything?
Old 06-11-2008, 05:13 PM
Banned

lets get some more cars!!!
Old 06-11-2008, 05:17 PM

thats cool with me.. i guess we'll save our stock files to wut we have just in case somethin happens.

psycostevo im not sure on this but when u make a tuning file u can switch back and forth at will right? and it doesnt necessarily hurt anything?
You can switch all you want. There is a VERY small chance that you can wear out the PCM, so don't do it constantly. The only real thing you need to do after swapping files is reset the fuel trims, especially when changing injectors.

Since you guys will have your own files after I am done, hopefully you will be able to study the changes and learn from them for yourselves. It'd be nice to see other people on here who actually tune, other than the 10 of us that there seems to be. A lot of people have HPTuners.......few know how to use it. And even those that do know how to tune can sit here and bitch back and forth all day about what they do better and what the other did "wrong". LOL!
Old 06-11-2008, 05:51 PM

is there a how to tune your car for dummies some where lol I would love to learn how to tune cars.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Dragonsfire12345
is there a how to tune your car for dummies some where lol I would love to learn how to tune cars.
There are, but most don't apply to the cobalt LSJ's. The LSJ is so MAF dependant that doing VE tuning makes little sense, and wastes time in most cases. A lot of tuning books beat VE tuning into your head and then you wonder why you aren't getting results.

You have to remember that tuning is : Air, Fuel, and Spark. It's easy, reading the tables and all that BS on the other hand takes time to learn how they are related to each other, but HPTuners tries to give an explanation of what each table relates to.

I tell you guys what. If you have HPTuners, bring it out and I will try my best to teach you what I can with the left over time. It's really easy once you see what to do.

If you DON'T have HPTuners, but want to learn how things work, then bring your laptop. I will load the program on your computer (time allowing), and then you can look at files, but not save changes or anything else. But being able to SEE what is there will give you a great idea of what you can do if you had the program. Maybe once you feel comfortable with it you can buy it for yourself and do whatever you want. I bet you'd never buy a car you couldn't tune ever again.

Quick Reply: tune in San Antonio(in July)