South East MS, AL, TN, GA, SC, NC, and FL

Alabama

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 11:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it does take a beating to get them back in....but its a certain way to get them in...

you have to hit it in towards your grille and then it slide's out....its not like a HARD hit but its a hit none the less...

theres a thread on here thats really good, its how to install hid's in your headlight's/foglight's....was VERY informative
Old 02-07-2011, 01:40 PM

just get you some 5th gens. they look damn close to stock...then you get better lighting. just food for thought.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:14 PM

Neal they are 4th not 5th and they are made by depot. To me it's the best aftermarket it's a projector without halos or LEDs. Just food for thought.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:47 PM

I'm getting the Depo's from Modern Performance... in black of course:

DEPO Projector Headlights 05-10 Cobalt - Lights & Bulbs

I loved my gen 4s, I just learned a lesson: don't buy headlights off ebay... they looked awesome the 1st few months, then starting blowing LEDs left and right, and started to get heat cracks, flaking, etc... and went back stock... they looked awesome on the car though:

my car is about 4-5 weeks from getting a makeover in the looks department though... new wheels/brake setup/headlights...
Old 02-07-2011, 09:08 PM

My Gf was gonna get me them for my Christmas gift.... Guess who didn't get a ******* thing for Christmas ME
Old 02-07-2011, 09:10 PM

and you're still with her.........so guess who is the *******, lol
Old 02-07-2011, 09:12 PM

In all honesty maybe not for much longer ima text u tommrow since she's here
Old 02-07-2011, 09:17 PM

lol

I got class work and class tomorrow though, work till 3, then drive home... have to be at the Hall at 6:00, class usually last to 8:30-9ish

Last edited by 08inBama; 02-07-2011 at 09:31 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:05 AM

me want details
Old 02-08-2011, 08:08 AM

I'll hit u up thus weekend then Neal I'll text you today
Old 02-08-2011, 11:49 PM

you boys should have came to my neck of the woods this weekend and watched some fights... will be a kick ass show, always is... and I got room for crashers, lol

its the only time I can guarantee you'll see someone get knocked the f*ck out and there is a great chance you won't go to jail, lol

can't guarantee you won't go to jail though, I have seen people arrested at these fights before, lol...
Old 02-08-2011, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by 08inBama
you boys should have came to my neck of the woods this weekend and watched some fights... will be a kick ass show, always is... and I got room for crashers, lol

its the only time I can guarantee you'll see someone get knocked the f*ck out and there is a great chance you won't go to jail, lol

can't guarantee you won't go to jail though, I have seen people arrested at these fights before, lol...
Very tempting, though I don't think the wife would agree with crashing at someone else's house. What time does it start and end, where at, etc?

Good weekend also, suppose to be 50-60 degrees this weekend up here.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:19 AM

josh wait till valentine's day and dump herrrrrrrrr
Old 02-09-2011, 03:27 PM

*sighs* Two of my freshly powder coated glossy black rims are warped beyond repair Anyone know someone selling some SS/TC rims for cheap? *skeptical*

Last edited by Eurasianman; 02-09-2011 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Make it two rims.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by HHRSSouth
Very tempting, though I don't think the wife would agree with crashing at someone else's house. What time does it start and end, where at, etc?

Good weekend also, suppose to be 50-60 degrees this weekend up here.

its at the Webster Inn in Sheffield, Alabama(very easy to find just hit 72 West and then its like one turn from you)... doors open at 7, fights at 8... but IF you decide to go, let me know... i'll get you a seat in advance when I go to buy them Saturday, because come 7:00.... you won't be getting a seat

I got the hookup we'll get some of the best front row seats in the place for $35

and Paul, I was talking about the folks who live further away(not saying you wouldn't be invited though, lol)... but you could make this drive in 45 minutes or less
Old 02-09-2011, 08:12 PM

Accually I do
Old 02-09-2011, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by 08inBama
its at the Webster Inn in Sheffield, Alabama(very easy to find just hit 72 West and then its like one turn from you)... doors open at 7, fights at 8... but IF you decide to go, let me know... i'll get you a seat in advance when I go to buy them Saturday, because come 7:00.... you won't be getting a seat

I got the hookup we'll get some of the best front row seats in the place for $35

and Paul, I was talking about the folks who live further away(not saying you wouldn't be invited though, lol)... but you could make this drive in 45 minutes or less
My wifes friend was over a little bit ago to do her hair and was informed we had plans Saturday (with them). So it will be a no go for me unfortunately.
I really hate it when she makes plans and "forgets" to tell me.
Have fun

BTW, I got my UICP back today with the Tial Q flange welded on it, I got it painted and should have the HHR SS back together tommorow.
Also I forgot how friggin huge that Crazy Steve intercooler was.

Originally Posted by Eurasianman
*sighs* Two of my freshly powder coated glossy black rims are warped beyond repair Anyone know someone selling some SS/TC rims for cheap? *skeptical*
How the heck did you warp them? Did you run over a curb or something or did they back them to long or something?

Last edited by HHRSSouth; 02-09-2011 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-09-2011, 09:48 PM

I'm starting to think they baked them too long. The tire place could find no signs of curb rash or me hitting a pot hole. Within the first few days, one rim was found to be warped. 400 miles later, another rim is found to be warped. I'm looking into what I can do to get this crap straighten out, but I'm afraid I'm going to get screwed either way.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:58 PM

I'm starting to think they baked them too long. The tire place could find no signs of curb rash or me hitting a pot hole. Within the first few days, one rim was found to be warped. 400 miles later, another rim is found to be warped. I'm looking into what I can do to get this crap straighten out, but I'm afraid I'm going to get screwed either way.
Who did you get to do your powder coating locally? I had "Its not paint" in Huntsville powder coat my center caps for my SSR wheels, they are thin aluminum and they turned out perfect.
My bet is who ever powder coated them, messed them up in the heating/cooling process.

The only other way I could think of is if they had to stretch the tires over the wheels due to super low profile tires using that bar to pry them on, while the machine tries to put them on, but I don't think factory tires would require stretching over factory rims.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by HHRSSouth
Who did you get to do your powder coating locally? I had "Its not paint" in Huntsville powder coat my center caps for my SSR wheels, they are thin aluminum and they turned out perfect.
My bet is who ever powder coated them, messed them up in the heating/cooling process.

The only other way I could think of is if they had to stretch the tires over the wheels due to super low profile tires using that bar to pry them on, while the machine tries to put them on, but I don't think factory tires would require stretching over factory rims.
I'd rather not say who did the powder coating job just yet. And the stock Conti's were mounted on afterwards. Today, I got new Goodyear Eagle GTs mounted on the rim and they found that another rim was warped today
Old 02-09-2011, 10:08 PM

I'd rather not say who did the powder coating job just yet. And the stock Conti's were mounted on afterwards. Today, I got new Goodyear Eagle GTs mounted on the rim and they found that another rim was warped today
Did you go back to the same tire shop or a different one? I have seen tire people try to shoe horn tires on with a pry bar before while using that machine.

Like I said I had super thin ass aluminum center caps powder coated at "Its not paint" and they are perfect.

I would think it would take some crazy heating and cooling process to mess with forged rims, but anything is possible. Maybe a combination of both PC wrong and softening the rims up and then they tire installing bending them.

In the end I think your gonna get bent over either way.

I would not take my replacement rims to either place next go around, unlss you can find out for a fact who did it.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:16 PM

Well, I assure you, when I first got them, they were fine for the first few days. Then I noticed some horrible vibration in the car. Took the vehicle in and the front rim was warped. They guys there even showed me it on the balance machine. This tire place fixed my curb rash last time and there were no issues. This time around, when I took my car in, they told me while putting on the new tires, that another rim was found slightly warped. It's kind of hard to pin point the blame, but the way I look at it, the wheel place fixes a lot of wheels every day and I seem to be the only one that keeps coming back due to issues. As well as I'm the only one that has powder coated rims that comes in as of lately. I'm just waiting to see if my two front tires start to warp since they put the two bad ones on the rear. Any suggestions of places I can take my wheels in to get re-examined here in Huntsville?
Old 02-09-2011, 10:23 PM

Well, I assure you, when I first got them, they were fine for the first few days. Then I noticed some horrible vibration in the car. Took the vehicle in and the front rim was warped. They guys there even showed me it on the balance machine. This tire place fixed my curb rash last time and there were no issues. This time around, when I took my car in, they told me while putting on the new tires, that another rim was found slightly warped. It's kind of hard to pin point the blame, but the way I look at it, the wheel place fixes a lot of wheels every day and I seem to be the only one that keeps coming back due to issues. As well as I'm the only one that has powder coated rims that comes in as of lately. I'm just waiting to see if my two front tires start to warp since they put the two bad ones on the rear. Any suggestions of places I can take my wheels in to get re-examined here in Huntsville?
Sorry man I use a local mom/pop tire store in Athens for all my rims and tires. Only place I take em after I got pissed off at Big 10 tires for messing up brand new painted rims.

I know that when I had my new Saturn and my tires were screwed from factory they sent me to the tire shop right next to Toys R Us on University Drive to have them checked and order new ones. So I know they at least have a contract with Saturn of Huntsville or use to.
But I would think any reputable tire shop should be able to give you a second opinion.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:47 PM

Yea. I just hate having to pay more money... even just for an opinion. I've already spent ~$200 in having my tires mounted and balance alone.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:52 PM

Yea. I just hate having to pay more money... even just for an opinion. I've already spent ~$200 in having my tires mounted and balance alone.
I think its going to be hard as hell to find only 2 SS/TC rims for sale, usually people want to sell all 4.

Quick Reply: Alabama