South East MS, AL, TN, GA, SC, NC, and FL

Dragstrip 1/4 mile in Darlington, SC

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dragstrip 1/4 mile in Darlington, SC

Hey everyone,

I don't know how many of you are anywhere close to the Darlington/Hartsville area of SC, but I wanted to get the word out that the Darlington International Dragway is going to re-open very soon. For the most detailed information visit there site at http://www.darlingtondragway.com. I hope to find out how many people are nearby and are interested in running at the track. If there is anything I can do to help you can PM me.
If you are anywhere near this track or have any interest at all in running on this 1/4 mile track please drop a note. I'd like to meet other people in the area at the track sometime.

Thanks,

Scott

Last edited by CobaltCoupeCrazy; 03-02-2006 at 02:20 AM.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:21 AM

Come on now

There have got to be some people on here somewhere close to me.
Old 03-03-2006, 08:54 PM

someone from sc.what! i thought i was the only one.i here you bout someone else from sc im from bennettsville.ive yet to see another one.whens the next street car night.only action i can get is with dang rustangs.might go to the rock next friday if they dont kill me in court next wed.later
Old 03-04-2006, 06:20 AM

Exclamation Thanks

I'm so freakin' glad to find someone else from SC on here; there have to be other's around. Be sure to keep checking the site http://darlingtondragway.com for the most updated information. They have a hot day of action planned for May 28th (Saturday). Still waiting to see when they will open for test and tune/grudge matches.

GOOD LUCK IN COURT. I've been stopped too many time in 7 months; I'll be glad to have a safe place to run my car.

Scott
Old 03-07-2006, 10:49 PM

Anybody else??

Anbody else anywhere near me?? If so, how far away are you from Florence, SC.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:57 PM

Rock Hill S.C. I will deff. go in about another month.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:02 PM

Charleston AFB, SC! I am pretty anxious about the dragway opening up. I think it's the nearest quarter mile! I'll go as soon as I get a few more things. Lets make it a cobalt meet guys!
Old 03-09-2006, 05:48 AM

Most definitely meet up one day

We can make plans to meet up on a Friday or Saturday, so that we can check out each others rides and shoot the breeze. Just remember to keep checking the site for the latest updates.

I've been waiting a long time for this and I'm so freakin' excited!!!!

Scott
Old 03-09-2006, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by 2K5SS/SC?
Charleston AFB, SC! I am pretty anxious about the dragway opening up. I think it's the nearest quarter mile! I'll go as soon as I get a few more things. Lets make it a cobalt meet guys!
There is actually a 1/4 mile in Jackson, SC. Its a lot closer than Darlington (im in S'ville right now), the Corvette Club always has their shootout in Jackson!
Old 03-09-2006, 09:09 AM

Where is Jackson??

I lived in Charleston for a while to attend MUSC and I've never heard of Jackson. Where is this, how often are they open and how much does it cost?? Got a link to a website??

Scott
Old 03-09-2006, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by CobaltCoupeCrazy
I lived in Charleston for a while to attend MUSC and I've never heard of Jackson. Where is this, how often are they open and how much does it cost?? Got a link to a website??

Scott

It is actually called Carolina Dragway and the website is www.carolinadragway.com
Old 03-24-2006, 06:32 PM

Exclamation Darlington Dragway Update

DRAINAGE SYSTEM INSTALLED

03/21/2006 - This past weekend, the owners of Darlington Dragway, along with technicians, successfully installed a high tech drainage system that will prevent water from seeping up onto the track surface. With the completion of the water project, we will commence with the milling and re-paving project. Milling and re-paving was scheduled to begin yesterday. However, due to inclement weather, it has been delayed. As soon as weather permits, we will start the milling and re-paving projects and hope to have it completed as soon as possible. Should you have any questions or comments, you may e-mail us at info@darlingtondragway.com.

I'm hoping for an opening in two weeks; may just be wishful thinking but I think that they can make that.

Scott
Old 04-08-2006, 09:58 AM

Exclamation Update

The track work was delayed by 2.5 weeks b/c the drainage engineers taking so long. Then the first paving company backed out. The milling and paving has been re-contracted and the track should be ready late this month. It will be open no earlier than April 21.
http://darlingtondragway.com
Old 04-21-2006, 03:55 AM

Exclamation Latest Update

darlingtondragway.com

MILLING COMPLETED!!!

04/20/2006 - Yesterday, the paving company removed the top two inches of old asphalt and today, they installed the new asphalt racing surface. This new surface should be better and faster than ever! Here are some pictures of the paving company while they were milling the track surface. Check back tomorrow for pictures of the paving process

http://darlingtondragway.com

According to what I was told in person by one of the owners: One week would be needed for the asphalt to cure and then be washed and prepared for racing. I am hoping that they will open for next Friday the 28th. I even changed my work schedule anticipating that to be opening day.

Scott
Old 04-25-2006, 03:47 AM

Exclamation OPENING MAY 3rd

THE ANNOUNCEMENT EVERYONE HAS BEEN WAITING FOR!!! The time has finally arrived for Darlington Dragway to open our gates to the public. Mark it on your calendars. Wednesday, May 3rd, gates open at 5 PM and timed runs start at 6 PM. Come on down and be the first to go down the new surface at this historic track!

In addition, May 6th will be more test and tune. Everyone entering the gates will receive a ticket for a complimentary hotdog or hamburger, fries and soda. Also on hand will be a preview of the world's fastest automatic pro mods, "The Quick 8 Outlaws", with cars on display and doing crazy burn outs! This tease is a preview to the big event being held on May 27th. Be there to see all the action!