South East MS, AL, TN, GA, SC, NC, and FL

Fellow members with aquariums

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 11:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fellow members with aquariums

Well I have some fish from Wal-mart and really like the Tetras. However, Wal-mart is not selling live fish anymore for some reason.

The Pet Company in the Douglasville Mall does not carry the Flame Tetra or Red Eye Tetra. Two of my Planties have 'died' and the other two are defending off the 8 Tetras. Bought all 12 of these as 'starter' fish for my new aquarium. Now just got to find a new place to get the fish I like.

Any good fish shops around the D'ville area?
Old 05-27-2007, 11:13 PM

I have some lemon and penguin tetras, i know this doesn't really help you out but they are good fish.
Old 05-27-2007, 11:16 PM

Tetras? That would definitely be a starter fish... I just got rid of my aquarium so that I could move, but in the new house, I plan on having an in-the-wall setup so I can really make the aquarium a focal point of the house. Personally I'm a big fan of Oscars and Piranhas... I know piranhas are normally for idiots, but the fish are pretty awesome, and do VERY well with Oscars of the same size... in fact, you have to watch to make sure the Oscars don't gang up on the piranhas.

In the next aquarium I want to get a small ray of some sort, and I'm not sure what else I want to get. My main goal is to create a full range of creatures. I want to have the bottom creatures (the ray), some sort of swimmers (fish), maybe some amphibians (frogs) or something along those lines... just have a variety of different creatures all in one place... but so far it looks like that will require one MASSIVE aquarium to keep them from eating each other... hahaha... so we'll see what happens.
Old 05-27-2007, 11:20 PM

^^^ that would be awesome, i'm starting to get into fish, i also have a fighting fish and a mini catfish
Old 05-27-2007, 11:24 PM

Catfish can be a lot of fun to watch. I went to a Christmas party at a house a few years back that had swordfish... that was pretty awesome. I'm pretty sure I'm not at that caliber yet, but there are so many different options out there. I want to do a saltwater, but I travel so much that I fear my hundred dollar fish dying on me.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:16 AM

I have a bunch of tetras and stuff b/c I'm too damn cheap to upgrade, but I love fish. I love my fish tank.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:25 AM

i got a betta;
Old 05-28-2007, 09:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by alaskacobalt
Tetras? That would definitely be a starter fish... I just got rid of my aquarium so that I could move, but in the new house, I plan on having an in-the-wall setup so I can really make the aquarium a focal point of the house. Personally I'm a big fan of Oscars and Piranhas... I know piranhas are normally for idiots, but the fish are pretty awesome, and do VERY well with Oscars of the same size... in fact, you have to watch to make sure the Oscars don't gang up on the piranhas.

In the next aquarium I want to get a small ray of some sort, and I'm not sure what else I want to get. My main goal is to create a full range of creatures. I want to have the bottom creatures (the ray), some sort of swimmers (fish), maybe some amphibians (frogs) or something along those lines... just have a variety of different creatures all in one place... but so far it looks like that will require one MASSIVE aquarium to keep them from eating each other... hahaha... so we'll see what happens.

I do not see you having many fish in your tank. Between the Oscars and the Piranhas they will kill mostly anything you put in there including each other. With a bigger thank that will just allow them to grow bigger. I have seen Oscars grow so big in a 50 gallon tank, that they can't turn around without touching on the front and back. Bigger they get the more agressive they get as well.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:21 PM

Anyone know where I can find some good fish stores around the D'ville area?

And yeah I love my 10 gal, but I'm already setting up plans for a 29 gal or even bigger.