South East MS, AL, TN, GA, SC, NC, and FL

Gulf Coast ECOtecs

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 02:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Gulf Coast ECOtecs

It's official! Gulf Coast ECOtecs has been established! All ECOtec's from the tip of Florida to the Texas coast are welcome! This club is based in Gulfport, Mississippi, but we're looking to expand our territory and welcome any who want to join! Our myspace URL is www.myspace.com/gulfcoastecotecs

The myspace page is new and still under construction, but feel free to read over what we have so far.

Can we get this stuck up top please?
Old 11-30-2008, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rockSTAR_SS
It's official! Gulf Coast ECOtecs has been established! All ECOtec's from the tip of Florida to the Texas coast are welcome! This club is based in Gulfport, Mississippi, but we're looking to expand our territory and welcome any who want to join! Our myspace URL is www.myspace.com/gulfcoastecotecs

The myspace page is new and still under construction, but feel free to read over what we have so far.

Can we get this stuck up top please?
im not in that area.......but where did u get the side stripe for ur car.........i wouldnt mind that for my 'balt
Old 11-30-2008, 02:23 PM

Sorry bro, it's custom made. One of a kind.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:23 PM

FINALLY!! lol

this is a big day for us Trey
Old 11-30-2008, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by rockSTAR_SS
Sorry bro, it's custom made. One of a kind.
lol nice........im a DIY as well...currently my 'balt is gettin vertical doors and the enitre sound system done.........its in 1000 pieces in my driveway lmao........but nice looking 'balt and good luck wit the club
Old 11-30-2008, 03:14 PM

yea we need to get this sticky'd.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:39 PM

and so it has been done
Old 11-30-2008, 05:24 PM

Good luck with the lambo doors and sound system. Be sure to post plenty of pictures when you get the work done

Indeed, it has begun! We're currently working on planning our first OFFICIAL meet. It will either be on a Saturday or a Sunday and everyone will know when and where it will be held well in advance. Currently, the member list is as follows:
Aaron
Trey
Kevin
Anthony
Rusty
Dan
Adam

I haven't recieved word from Richard, Destin, or Matt in quite a while. Guys, if you read this, let us know something. I also haven't got any word from the guy with the SS/TC in a very long time. As of right now, everyone on the list above has pictures uploaded on the myspace page. Dan, I just copied three from your regular myspace page and put them on their. Feel free to add to it.

Aaron gave up the responsibility of getting stickers, so I'm gonna give it a go and see if I can get some made. Length x Width will be 4" x 2" and will simply be GCE all caps. We all need to decide on what font we want. I would start by suggesting one I like but Anthony doesn't have Microsoft Word on his lap top. Anyone wanna make a suggestion? You can have any color you want, but personally I'll be going with a yellow sticker for my car.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:09 PM

Ill take a brushed aluminum like the rest of the stickers on my car.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:22 PM

your face is brushed aluminum
Old 11-30-2008, 09:40 PM

I think you guys should call it the "Mississippi Gulf Coast ECOTec Club"...you guys completely ignored mine and Cobaltinator's responses each time we posted in the Mississippi Gulf Coast thread about getting together. Don't bother looking now we deleted our posts LONG ago.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Red07SSNA
I think you guys should call it the "Mississippi Gulf Coast ECOTec Club"...you guys completely ignored mine and Cobaltinator's responses each time we posted in the Mississippi Gulf Coast thread about getting together. Don't bother looking now we deleted our posts LONG ago.

Must have been before i joined up. i don't rememberyou guys. sorry if anyone got ignored, im sure it wasn't on purpose. where are you guys from? i know we have been talking about taking a little trip to florida one weekend, and maybe a trip down to new orleans.

PLEASE keep in touch! im sure i speak for all the gce members when i say we would love to get together and hang out with other cobalt owners.

i hope there are no hard feelings about us not writing back.
hope to hear from you guys soon!

Rusty
Old 11-30-2008, 11:33 PM

how long ago were these posts? they might have just accidently been missed i know i've had a few not replied to and i'm frequently in there so it was not on purpose please keep in contact and give us updates on when you wanna meet and we'll try to figure time and places out
Old 12-01-2008, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by AnthonyCM
how long ago were these posts? they might have just accidently been missed i know i've had a few not replied to and i'm frequently in there so it was not on purpose please keep in contact and give us updates on when you wanna meet and we'll try to figure time and places out
Page 3 post 54...
Old 12-01-2008, 06:23 PM

wow i don't think i even joined up till like page 40 or so...
Old 12-01-2008, 07:41 PM

yeah, i joined up a little after 40, i went back and read post #54 through about #200 and there were only two guys that posted then that still post today, and aaron being one of those two so we know he wasn't paying any attention to anyone, lol. just jokin aaron. but again, sorry nobody replied to your posts. i personaly think that the battle ship would be a GREAT place to meet up and even take some good pics! i think we need to plan this trip and with the help of Larry (Red07SSNA) invite everyone we can.
it doesn't have to be called a gce meet either seeing how larry had the idea, not us. so he should get the credit. so anyway everyone voice your opinion about this and let us know what you think.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:47 PM

I'm game for a Mobile meet. They got some good ass eatin' there. Also I would love to get some "professional" shots of my car. Rusty, you do great work BTW.lol Just lemme know what is decided, because i gotta ask off work 1 week in advance
Old 12-01-2008, 07:50 PM

i think it needs to be some time after christmas so ill have my new camera and maybe a little warmer.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:58 PM

Sound good.. Also i'll have my header/dp and springs... hopefully lol
Old 12-01-2008, 09:07 PM

yeah i'm game for a meet out there
Old 12-02-2008, 08:14 PM

Page 3 post 54...
Alright. First off, page 3 post 54 was probably made around a year or so ago? If I remember correctly, Richard, Destin, Aaron, and probably Kevin were the only people to post around that time. I was on .net then, but I had not found the Mississippi Gulf Coast thread yet. Let me get to the point I want to make...

GCE, or any car club for that matter, wasn't even in the picture yet. That idea didn't come along until earlier this year. So what the club name turned out to be has nothing to do with this. I'll ask you not to link this to the car club please...

Second, many people have come to us and gone with meet "ideas" and many of them never happened. I recall talking with someone from Florida about meeting in Pensacoula and/or Gulf Shores and it never happened. We've talked with people from Lousiana and those meets never happened. They never happened because we weren't as organized then as we are now. Throw the offer out in the open now. You can already see that you have responses in favor of meeting with you.

Finally, I would apologize for any inconvience that this may have caused you, but like I previously stated I wasn't involved in the MGC thread at the time you made the offer. I'm not being rude or disrespectful in any way, I'm just stating the facts and protecting the name of GCE.

With that said, we at GCE will be more than happy to plan a meet with you in Mobile. If you're serious, PM me (Trey) or SaturnRL (Aaron) and we'll set the motion within the club. We will then start talking about possible meet dates and such. Like Rusty said, this wasn't our idea so you'll have leverage over the meet. You tell us what you want, we'll do our best to do it. We look forward to meeting with you.

Meanwhile, Kevin and I will be working on stickers. Currently we're looking for a business locally that can work with us on making them. Advanced Audio does custom decals, but I dunno what kinda deal they would make us. We'll see how it goes. I'll contact them ASAP.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:27 PM

Trey, there's a place in Gautier that specializes in decals. If i remember correctly, i think it's right near the Singing River Mall
Old 12-02-2008, 08:39 PM

if you decide to go with Advanced Audio i live down the street from them and pass them on the way home and to work so i can do whatever if needed
Old 12-02-2008, 09:05 PM

Anthony, to my knowledge they don't print decals at that shop. I know they don't in Mobile. I know they do for sure in Pascagoula. And that's where I have my connections.

Adam, I'll check that place out too. I think I remember them from when I went to college there. We can ride over one day and check them out...
Old 12-02-2008, 10:51 PM

oh ok than....just bought Step Brothers its intense

Quick Reply: Gulf Coast ECOtecs