South East MS, AL, TN, GA, SC, NC, and FL

Just moved to the Tampa, FL area

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 11:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just moved to the Tampa, FL area

Thought I would put a shout out to let all you local guys know I'm in the area. Please shoot me some info on any up coming events and get togethers. I should make all of them that I'm not working at the time of.

Also wondering if any of you locals do things other then shows/race days. Like local dyno days, bbq's, and cruises.

Finally, is the local group a full on club or just some friends? The one in Washington where I came from was a mix of the two mostly. We were pretty much friends, but did have some sponsors.

Cheers.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:27 AM

Welcome to sunny and mostly rainy Florida... Over in Brandon at the Lowe's on Thursday night Bay Area Muscle has a weekly meet there so might wanna check that out since it's local. And we have a small but quickly growing club FloridaGMclub.com or FLGM.com here, we have two monthly meets so far, one in Lakeland and one it Orlando....go to the site and check them out, I usualy post the meet info about two weeks in advance over here.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:45 PM

Hey welcome. Most of us in the Riverview/ Brandon area are just friends. Not really much in the way of car clubs. We just all hang out and do the usual. There are alot of choices in the way of meets, but not all that many car shows. I have been trying myself to get all the info on car shows and meets. I just moved here back in May and still havent found all that much to do. I miss car shows and getting together with a group of people and just chillen, having a good time. We have so many things to do in the area, we need to start getting some people together and doing things like hitting up Busch Gardens, maybe heading to Orlando, or just over to Clearwater. Barbecues are always great to. Hit me up some time. Ill be back to the states in June hopefully, maybe we can get together and try to start getting more people involved and all. I miss my car and the local area alot. I guess being in the desert driving nothing but hummers just isnt the same. Talk at ya later.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:01 AM

Hey I am new to the Tampa area also. I was born in FL but after college took a job in Atlanta. I just moved down for work. I have a lot of free time on my hands since my company is just getting started up down here. What is there for a hot single chick to do around these parts? I have been to Ybor and Channelside. I can not say I am so impressed. Sorry not to step on anyones pride but Atlanta is definately a little more happening. Do you have like places where everyone meets up on a Friday or Saturday night? I much perfer something low key if I am not able to go all out and party. Anyway any info would be great. Sorry no pics up yet but I am still trying to figure out how. Any help out there?

Thanks,
Jen
Old 03-17-2008, 07:05 AM

There are alot of places to just hang out. Ybor and Channelside are the usual places. You also have Hyde Park, and if you dont mind the drive, head to Orlando. Tampa is defenitly a different scene then Atlanta, but thats the difference between the two cities. Tampa is more of a party/ chill area, where Atlanta is the center of everything on the East coast. Sorry you dont like it yet, but your new so give it some time, maybe youll end up liking it more. As for hanging out, Im trying to get all the local cobalt owners together, so we can start to have regular meets and barbecues, get togethers and all. Once we start getting people to show on a regular basis we can plan events and figure out things to do. Im always down for meeting new people, I dont know many non-military people in the area so im defenitly down once I get back from my deployment.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:16 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i live in the area, and i never knew about lowes.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:31 AM

I hurd about it once or twice but I never made it there. The sad thing is I lived right down the road in Boyette Farms, maybe only 4 miles from Lowes. Im moving up off of Causeway when I get back, Ill try to make it to Lowes and see whats up.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by CrzyFLHotti
Hey I am new to the Tampa area also. I was born in FL but after college took a job in Atlanta. I just moved down for work. I have a lot of free time on my hands since my company is just getting started up down here. What is there for a hot single chick to do around these parts? I have been to Ybor and Channelside. I can not say I am so impressed. Sorry not to step on anyones pride but Atlanta is definately a little more happening. Do you have like places where everyone meets up on a Friday or Saturday night? I much perfer something low key if I am not able to go all out and party. Anyway any info would be great. Sorry no pics up yet but I am still trying to figure out how. Any help out there?

Thanks,
Jen
Don't hold your breath for anything special to happen, City Walk in Orlando is ok...

Originally Posted by joeworkstoohard
i live in the area, and i never knew about lowes.
Each week at least 20+ cars.

Originally Posted by orange06ssinFL
I hurd about it once or twice but I never made it there. The sad thing is I lived right down the road in Boyette Farms, maybe only 4 miles from Lowes. Im moving up off of Causeway when I get back, Ill try to make it to Lowes and see whats up.
You should check it out, a few nasty Goat's and some nice Saleens and there was a GT500 but havn't seen him in a while. They have a site I can't recall off hand and we have a few of the members at FloridaGMclub.com that hang around and let us know about meets and stuff.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:28 AM

I'll defenitly try to make it once I get back. Im all for chilling with cool people with hooked up cars. I cant wait.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Viper33884
Welcome to sunny and mostly rainy Florida... Over in Brandon at the Lowe's on Thursday night Bay Area Muscle has a weekly meet there so might wanna check that out since it's local. And we have a small but quickly growing club FloridaGMclub.com or FLGM.com here, we have two monthly meets so far, one in Lakeland and one it Orlando....go to the site and check them out, I usualy post the meet info about two weeks in advance over here.
This is the Lowe's on Lumsden, right???
Old 03-17-2008, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by JPizzle
This is the Lowe's on Lumsden, right???
It's right off 60 and close to some mall bout all I can remember, I havn't been out there in a few months, but if you don't know where I'm talking about I will try to get directions.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:42 PM

I thought it was the one off of 301 and Gibsonton dr.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:50 AM

Thanks for the info. Life is much more enjoyable around people that are into cars. I will check it out if someone can tell me exactly where. Let me know if you figure it out. So I am ready to post some pictures, but still have not figured out how. Any help?
Old 03-18-2008, 10:56 AM

Post them on photobucket and then just use the link it provids you. Paste the link on your post or add it to your profile. There should be a how to thread on here, just search for it.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:19 AM

I thought it was the one off of 301 and Gibsonton dr.
Not right off 60 but maybe 1 mile after you turn left if your going west.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:57 AM

I know where its at. Its the Lowes on Gibsonton. Right behind Ruby Tuesdays and Dairy Queen. Ill hit it up when I get back to the states. Any other get togethers or events going down when I get back in May? Hey Crzy did you figure out how to post those pics? Best thing to do is do a search on the forums, im sure its in there some where.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:29 PM

Not that I know of just our two monthly FLGM.com meets that about it.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:46 PM

We once had a dyno day / BBQ, that was actually a pretty good turn out, almost 20 of us, plus it was a lot of fun and good food. We need to try to get something like that together again.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:51 PM

I know where its at. Its the Lowes on Gibsonton. Right behind Ruby Tuesdays and Dairy Queen. Ill hit it up when I get back to the states. Any other get togethers or events going down when I get back in May? Hey Crzy did you figure out how to post those pics? Best thing to do is do a search on the forums, im sure its in there some where.
No my first day back on here. Work has been keeping me busy. If you are interested I will let you know when I have them up? I'll show you mine if you show me yours.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:49 PM

Damn, I been working crazy hours and look at all the post that happen. I missed the meet at the Lowes because I didn't get off work till late. Sucks!
Old 03-21-2008, 05:41 AM

Yeah work is crazy over here to. I dont have time for anything but work, gym, sleep. I cant wait to get back to Tampa, especially now that we seem to have a few people that actually wanna get together. Ill be back in late May so hopefully you all still want to get together once I get back. I think a nice car meet / barbecue is in order. We can all meet, get ta know each other then just start hanging and hookin our **** up. Its always cool to get ideas from others with such good taste in cars, lol....

BTW Crzy I only have the pics that are on my profile. I dont have any to add since I am over here in the desert, sorry. If you need any help posting yours let me know, I may be able to help, but your best bet is to search on here for a how to. Good luck and hope this all works out, I look forward to getting back and meeting you all.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:42 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
this is all news to me, esp since i live in damn fish hawk.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:12 AM

nothing realy goes on wed or tuesdaysbut ther rest of the week is full of stuff...
wednesday- bike night at quaker steak an lube-new tampa meet at the super target- sunshine speedway is open

thursday- car night at quaker, muscle cars from 6-8 then us ricers til they kick us out, there is that lowes meet

friday-hudson meet, courtney cambell, and i think there is one in st. pete

saturday all the local streets have races

sunday- gandy ccc....
Old 03-21-2008, 11:16 AM

WTF? Why cant anybody move to Jacksonville?
Old 03-21-2008, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by CrzyFLHotti
Thanks for the info. Life is much more enjoyable around people that are into cars. I will check it out if someone can tell me exactly where. Let me know if you figure it out. So I am ready to post some pictures, but still have not figured out how. Any help?
go to the gallery and click upload. Then there should be a screen that says browse, click on that and it should take you to your pics on your computer clik the one you want and hit open i think. Then fill out the info about the picture and hit save or upload what ever is on the bottom. WHen thats done there will be a image code on the bottom starting with and ending with something like this [img] copy and paste that into the post window in the thread and there ya go....

Quick Reply: Just moved to the Tampa, FL area