South East MS, AL, TN, GA, SC, NC, and FL

LS with exhaust revs at me in traffic and rain?!?!?! on I-4.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down LS with exhaust revs at me in traffic and rain?!?!?! on I-4.

yesterday evening around 7pm, i was heading west on I-4 towards Altamonte Springs, with my girl and my friend in the car, we were on our way to see Superbad.

on the way there, in the pouring rain and heavy traffic, a dark grey cobalt ls w/ an aftermarket exhaust came up next to me, on the passanger side, and started reving at me

since he was on my passanger side, i couldnt really see anything other than the top part of the car so i asked my girlfriend if it was an SS, thinking surly it must be. and she says "no! its an LS with an exhaust!"

like i said it was pouring rain, and we were in fairly heavy but moving traffic, so i obviously didnt respond to his reving. I just figured that if he drives a modded cobalt even an LS, he must post here, so i wanted to try and find out who the jackass was... i mean come on man, you couldnt have chosen a dumber, more dagerouse time to start reving at sombody and driving like a douchebag... typical ricer behavior...

any local orlando area peeps know who it might have been? like i said, dark grey color LS, dark tint, aftermarket exhaust.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lol. Maybe he was saying "Hi"
Old 08-26-2007, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by JPizzle

haha... maybe
Old 08-27-2007, 09:00 AM

So how was the movie Ben
Old 08-27-2007, 09:07 AM
Original Hayden Fanatic
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by JPizzle
x2... there is probably a thread on RLF, talking about some stuck up redline that wouldnt say hi back when he rev'd
Old 08-27-2007, 09:22 AM

90% of the modded base models here are worse than Honda owners, so I can totally relate.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:25 AM
Original Hayden Fanatic
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by alleycat58
90% of the modded base models here are worse than Honda owners, so I can totally relate.
HEY HEY!! I know a few modded base models that don't drive like jackasses...
Old 08-27-2007, 09:25 AM

i mind my business in my LS and don't bother nobody, usually its ss/sc that wanna show off in front of me don't know for wat, i just don't pay no mind to them
Old 08-27-2007, 09:26 AM

ouch harsh comment
Old 08-27-2007, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by REIGNftSOLDIER
HEY HEY!! I know a few modded base models that don't drive like jackasses...
LOL, can guarantee they don't live in Pittsburgh. The 2.2 owners around here are baaaaaad. Really bad.

Originally Posted by OrngBalt
ouch harsh comment
Unfortunately tis the truth around here. I've been literally run off the road by two of them. Another friend of mine ended up with a street racing ticket because one decided to give him a flyby in a 45mph zone and then lied to the cop and said that he had just been racing his car. The last time I saw the two brain donors that usually hang out the same place the SS crew does, they were attempting to do burnouts and came within about a foot and a half of running over a little kid.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:45 AM

LMAO!!!!!!!!! Too many people on here to make a statement like that man... If that person was tryin to race then they were a Jackass x20 but maybe there were tryin to say hi....

I had the opposite happen to me and something else like that. Had an SS/SC stopped on the opposite side of the street ..we both were stopped at the light and they started revving up at me.. I was pissed at first but then my girl was like maybe they were just saying Hello.....and another SS/SC one day would slow down.. then speed up if i passed him.. so its not just the LS drivers.. Jerks come in ALL MODELS!!!
Old 08-27-2007, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by 7Thirty
LMAO!!!!!!!!! Too many people on here to make a statement like that man... If that person was tryin to race then they were a Jackass x20 but maybe there were tryin to say hi....

I had the opposite happen to me and something else like that. Had an SS/SC stopped on the opposite side of the street ..we both were stopped at the light and they started revving up at me.. I was pissed at first but then my girl was like maybe they were just saying Hello.....and another SS/SC one day would slow down.. then speed up if i passed him.. so its not just the LS drivers.. Jerks come in ALL MODELS!!!
Well, we've only got 2 SS/SC drivers that are pretty bad, the rest are pretty cool and/or incredibly old. (Direct quote at the strip: I better hit 14s or I'm crashing this car into a wall.) But for the most part around here, the absolute worst offenders are 2.2 owners. Obviously you guys aren't all bad, there are a lot of decent people on here. But in person, around Pittsburgh, the 2.2 crowd is FULL of flaming morons (we've met a few that are pretty nice and know their ****, though, but they're like finding an 80 year old at a Marilyn Manson concert). Popular mods include: completely cutting off the muffler and resonators in favor of a pipe welded on most likely in high school shop class (i.e. "I did it myself! Doesn't it sound great?!" "No, I've heard deaf opera singers that sound better."), those cheesy windshield wiper nozzle LEDs, half-assed usually crooked racing stripes, and erector set Pep Boys wings.

I've had probably 10 near misses JUST with idiots in 2.2s trying to act like hot **** on the roads. The worst is when people find out I hang out with a group of Cobalts and I get "You guys don't know any one with a *insert any color* base model with a fart can and stickers on the side do you? That f***er *insert choice of: damn near ran me off the road, can't drive for ****, almost caused a major accident on the parkway, needs to be drug out and shot and hung from a flagpole*."
Old 08-27-2007, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by 7Thirty

i know I play a little if i see another cobalt. especially if they catch my eye and acknowledge a fellow cobalt driver. I dont try and race, but just jockey back and forth a little. there is one SS/SC that I see in RI and he just looks at me like he thinks he is so much better. he takes every chance he can get to Rev at me and blow off the line when I am making a turn into work.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:08 AM

Oh Alley your just mad cause they have a bigger engine then you do.

Its NOT the cars fault that most kiddies grew up watching the F&F movies and they think thats exceptable behaivior cause noones ever told them differently. I recommend a good swift kick in the ass or really hard slap to the back of the head to snap them out of thier dream world of sideways hats, wife beaters, and pants falling off thier asses.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Jackalope

Its NOT the cars fault that most kiddies grew up watching the F&F movies and they think thats exceptable behaivior cause noones ever told them differently. I recommend a good swift kick in the ass or really hard slap to the back of the head to snap them out of thier dream world of sideways hats, wife beaters, and pants falling off thier asses.
LOL, hey I don't care what they drive. The one guy around here has a pretty sweet two-toned 2.2 that he's done a lot of nice work on.

I just wish the Fast & Ricerish would have stuck with Honda's, LOL. Makes the rest of us look bad. As for the kick in the ass, the last one that ran me off the road and into someone's front yard I chased down and cursed out for a good 5 minutes in the mall parking lot. He fit, to a T, your last sentence. Probably 16-17, hat tilted sideways, wife beater, jeans that were on his thighs with boxers showing. Funny how all that attitude goes away when someone gets in their face.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Jackalope

so you mean im not allowed to wear my hat sideways or wife beaters anymore?
Old 08-27-2007, 09:57 PM

LMFAO.....

.... so nobody knows this guy. oh well, just thought it was funny.

btw, the movie was probably the funniest **** i have seen since halfbaked.