South East MS, AL, TN, GA, SC, NC, and FL

? for sc

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
? for sc

ok so my girl and i are starting to look into moving to south carolina, more so south mrytle beach area, (she has family there). any way does sc have emissions or state inspections?, how strict are they? this is just something i wondered any help would be great

thanks
Old 09-04-2007, 10:43 PM

they dont have inspections, that's all i know as i'm from NC....
Old 09-05-2007, 07:54 AM

well i live in rock hill, sc. sc doesnt have inspection but they are talking about bringing it back. not sure how thats going to go and havent heard anything recent but if your asking about cause your thinking about going catless, then yeah you can do it as long as you dont get caught. im sure its a good penalty if you get caught but thats the risk i guess you would be willing to take. now im not sure if you are familiar with those cops in myrtle beach but man they are F************** dicks and if you have a modified car they will look at you the most. i had a friend who got pulled over for 4 over and got his car inspected from top to bottom. they looked all underneath and couldnt find nothing but what im trying to get at is those cops dont play so if i was you plan on keeping your car safe for inspections.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:40 AM

from SC as well...no problems that I know of. No inspections as ridemlow said. I'm running dark tint and no cat and haven't had a problem. My problem will be when I move to a state that has inspections, although I've done it before and I'll do it again. Always a way to find the loopholes.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:14 PM

cool if it works out we may move within the next year. and if all works out as planed then the balt will have a gt30ish size turbo and standalone, so thanks....
Old 09-05-2007, 07:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yea, Myrtle Beach has a noise ordinance too I believe and they well hound your ass if they think you are a problem starter(a.k.a street racer, burnouts and blah blah).
Old 09-05-2007, 08:34 PM

Don't move to myrtle... please... that place is a horrible tourist trap... and it's really gone down-hill lately. STAY AWAY. Cops there will hound your ass to no end... the traffic is horrible... and the jobs aren't that great.

If you're gonna move... find a real city with some real jobs in SC... do not go to myrtle.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:38 AM

i say move to rock hill or fort mill(just north of rock hill), you 20 min from charlotte and pay lower taxes and hell of a laid back town but can also get crazy. lot of people live in rock hill and fort mill but work in charlotte cause thats where all the money is.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:02 PM

Or Wilmington NC cause its only 2 hours from myrtle and its not as expensive or have to deal with the summer tourists (as much)