South East MS, AL, TN, GA, SC, NC, and FL

Tampa Meet for the Month of May

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yup, No problem. I should get back to my car.. Since, it would probally overheat and throw coolant, water, and water wetter everywhere when I start it. Darn unfinished projects.. Lol
Old 05-27-2007, 10:11 PM

Yea, that probably wouldn't be good. Go ahead and finish that up, then post some pics. lol
Old 05-27-2007, 10:20 PM

Okay...
Little problem when unscrewing one of the bolts...
What is green... Under high pressure, and in the very front Heat Exchanger on the car?
Because, it just steamed and spit at me like crazy... Not very hot.. But, scary...
Is it AC Fluid? Or Coolant, but it does not have a sweet smell, instead it smells like spicy mustard or something, and is a little thicker and transluecent lime green.

Edit: Okay, traced it all.. It goes AC Condenser in front, Intercooler in middle, then the Radiator and the fans... SO MANY H/E's Lol
Old 05-27-2007, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Joeyavhu
Okay...
Little problem when unscrewing one of the bolts...
What is green... Under high pressure, and in the very front Heat Exchanger on the car?
Because, it just steamed and spit at me like crazy... Not very hot.. But, scary...
Is it AC Fluid? Or Coolant, but it does not have a sweet smell, instead it smells like spicy mustard or something, and is a little thicker and transluecent lime green.
I'm going to guess it's coolant. But, Everybody know's I'm not an expert on cars. haha.
Old 05-27-2007, 11:53 PM

Thanks for the help. The small setback stopped me from finishing tonight, but, I got a decent amount done. I should finish mounting it tommorow. I just have a bunch of hoses leading nowhere now.. Lol.
It was AC Fluid is anyone was wondering.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:19 AM

Thanks for the help. The small setback stopped me from finishing tonight, but, I got a decent amount done. I should finish mounting it tommorow. I just have a bunch of hoses leading nowhere now.. Lol.
It was AC Fluid is anyone was wondering.
Oh, well then that's not as bad as coolant. Finish her up tomorrow and then report on how it runs.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:22 AM

Will do.. Later, Im gonna call it a night. Later
Old 05-28-2007, 07:59 PM

Will do.. Later, Im gonna call it a night. Later
So did you get that part installed and everything? Hows it working out for you?
Old 05-29-2007, 12:08 AM

I forgot until earlier today that one of my friends graduated the other day, and their little get together with family/freinds was today. Soo... Sadley, I didnt get a chance to work on it. I am hoping tommorow though. Lol.. I can see this going on for a while... Lol
Old 05-29-2007, 01:19 AM

Lol, makes things fun. I have to go back out to the dealership tomorrow. Am not looking forward to that trip. But at least I'll be getting new tires out of the deal. haha
Old 05-29-2007, 10:25 AM

Lol. You and your free tires for life.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:58 PM

Dude, get this...they won't give me new tires yet because they aren't worn out enough. What the heck is that?? I'm tempted to go and do burnouts all over the place to wear them out. haha
Old 05-29-2007, 06:50 PM

Thats f'ed up and atleast u get free tires.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:19 PM

Well, with how GM is acting I'll never get the damn things. The sales manager tells me one thing, then the service department tells me another. I'm tempted to just go buy tires so I don't have to keep going way the hell out there.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by 06 SS Supercharged
Dude, get this...they won't give me new tires yet because they aren't worn out enough. What the heck is that?? I'm tempted to go and do burnouts all over the place to wear them out. haha
ive heard that with the "free" tires for life they have to be pretty much bald before they will replace them.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by 2.4SlowassBalt
ive heard that with the "free" tires for life they have to be pretty much bald before they will replace them.
That's funny, because, whenever you go to the dealership (mostly to cover themselves if something happened, Im sure) they tell you that your tires need replacment.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:17 AM

That's funny, because, whenever you go to the dealership (mostly to cover themselves if something happened, Im sure) they tell you that your tires need replacment.
Yea, cause it's all about money. They want to make sure something has no use at all before they give you a new one, in this case tires. But if you have to pay, they'll have them on in a heartbeat. Also, I'll probably be headed up your way in the next few weeks to put on an intake and paint the supercharger. I'll let you know when I find out exactly how much money I'll have and what not.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by 06 SS Supercharged
Yea, cause it's all about money. They want to make sure something has no use at all before they give you a new one, in this case tires. But if you have to pay, they'll have them on in a heartbeat. Also, I'll probably be headed up your way in the next few weeks to put on an intake and paint the supercharger. I'll let you know when I find out exactly how much money I'll have and what not.
For the painting part and everything you will need as far as that is concerned, I can just give you. I have a bunch of that kind of stuff lying around. As for the intake.. You are on your own with that one buddy... Lol. Just let me know when. I will give you directions and everything. Its easy though.

EDIT: As for High Temp Paints.. I have Flat Black, Gloss Black, Blue, Yellow, Gold, and Red. I also have a bunch of Regular colors, clear coats, and some NiteShades in case you want to paint some other things (Only enough NiteShades for small things, like the sidemarkers, otherwise I would have my tails done already... Lol
Old 06-01-2007, 01:14 AM

For the painting part and everything you will need as far as that is concerned, I can just give you. I have a bunch of that kind of stuff lying around. As for the intake.. You are on your own with that one buddy... Lol. Just let me know when. I will give you directions and everything. Its easy though.

EDIT: As for High Temp Paints.. I have Flat Black, Gloss Black, Blue, Yellow, Gold, and Red. I also have a bunch of Regular colors, clear coats, and some NiteShades in case you want to paint some other things (Only enough NiteShades for small things, like the sidemarkers, otherwise I would have my tails done already... Lol
Alright, well I'll get everything ordered and go from there as far as setting a day to come over and do all of that. Oh, and when is your front end getting fixed?
Old 06-01-2007, 10:21 AM

Hopefully soon, Its really bugging me. Yea, I dont think I mentioned it, But I will help you with your intake as well.

Last edited by Joeyavhu; 06-01-2007 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Speling Error
Old 06-01-2007, 08:03 PM

Cool deal. Thanks man. I wonder if Fujita intakes fit better than the Injen intakes because I know that people who worked for injen went and started the fujita company. But the AEM dryflow would probably be easier and cheaper. But yea, I'll be letting you know exactly what is going on and when I'll be headed out your way to do all of that. Should be in the folowing weeks. Oh, one more thing, where did you get your intake from?
Old 06-01-2007, 11:56 PM

I actually pretty much did the airbox mod, just without cutting. I belive I got the filter straight from AEM, Suprisignly, it was the cheapest I belive, but for some specific reason. I know Summit Sells it with $5 shipping, and it is still cheaper than straight from AEM now.
http://www.aempower.com/ViewProduct.aspx?ProductID=420
Is the exact on I have. ^^^^^^
http://store.summitracing.com/partde...407+4294925169
Summit Store Address ^^^^^^^ (Same thing, differnt store)
Old 06-02-2007, 01:00 AM

I actually pretty much did the airbox mod, just without cutting. I belive I got the filter straight from AEM, Suprisignly, it was the cheapest I belive, but for some specific reason. I know Summit Sells it with $5 shipping, and it is still cheaper than straight from AEM now.
http://www.aempower.com/ViewProduct.aspx?ProductID=420
Is the exact on I have. ^^^^^^
http://store.summitracing.com/partde...407+4294925169
Summit Store Address ^^^^^^^ (Same thing, differnt store)
Damn, that's a lot cheaper than I thought it was going to be. lol. I was expecting like $200 or something. So that doesn't hurt in the bank that much at all. Probably order that on Friday and then go from there as far as letting you know when I'll head out your way.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:05 AM

Okay. The reason I would sugest just the filter is because...
No codes
Cheap
Same whine
And pretty much the same performance.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:49 PM

Okay. The reason I would sugest just the filter is because...
No codes
Cheap
Same whine
And pretty much the same performance.
Also I'm sure would make for easier install as well and I won't have to worry about the tubing getting messed up because I know Injen has rubbing issues so I'm sure others do as well. My bonus comes in this Friday so I'll get it ordered and and anything else I can find. I want to paint my calipers as well but can't do that cause you can't drive the car for something like 24 hours. So that will have to wait. I'm not going to worry about a pully or injectors yet cause that's a little pricy. And I heard that there were some issues with the intense pully's, have you or anybody else heard of any problems?

Quick Reply: Tampa Meet for the Month of May