South Mountain UT, AZ, NM, and CO

Calling those in the S. Tucson/Sierra Vista area

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Calling those in the S. Tucson/Sierra Vista area

Looking for any and all information on the area as tomorrow I have an interview for a job there tomorrow and hopefully moving there soon. Looking for things like.. apt complexs to check out, whats the area like?, night life possibilities, things to do... stuff of that nature I guess.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by JayBoo
Looking for any and all information on the area as tomorrow I have an interview for a job there tomorrow and hopefully moving there soon. Looking for things like.. apt complexs to check out, whats the area like?, night life possibilities, things to do... stuff of that nature I guess.
It all depends on your budget for living.

Ah night life, I'm not big on going to clubs or anything but everyone does cruising on Saturday nights.

Things to do, again it all depends on you lol.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Raiden8816
It all depends on your budget for living.

Ah night life, I'm not big on going to clubs or anything but everyone does cruising on Saturday nights.

Things to do, again it all depends on you lol.
Well sure.. Id like to think my budget will be decent. Im not a big club person either.. I generally enjoy just hitting up a bar and chillin with friends and havin a few cold ones. Thats on the weekends though.. Durin the week can be just about anything.

when I was living in Virginia, a big thing to do was starbucks during the week and/or walmart parking lot for cruising and parking lot "pimping".

Right now.. in charlotte.. I dont do much of anything lol.

Im told that some people that work in Sierra Vista live in South Tucson.. is the commute decent?

Im hopin to find a decent apartment with maybe Washer and Dryer inside and allows for dogs.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:19 PM

Well sure.. Id like to think my budget will be decent. Im not a big club person either.. I generally enjoy just hitting up a bar and chillin with friends and havin a few cold ones. Thats on the weekends though.. Durin the week can be just about anything.

when I was living in Virginia, a big thing to do was starbucks during the week and/or walmart parking lot for cruising and parking lot "pimping".

Right now.. in charlotte.. I dont do much of anything lol.

Im told that some people that work in Sierra Vista live in South Tucson.. is the commute decent?

Im hopin to find a decent apartment with maybe Washer and Dryer inside and allows for dogs.
The commute is about 1h30min. I remember I drove my girlfriend and her mom to worst buy in Sierra Vista to get a computer.....never again lol its so boring of a drive.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:09 PM

where is ur interview at? i live in huachuca city and work in vista. it a long drive to live in tucson i had a buddy live not to far from the freeway in tucson and it was like a 1 hour to a hour in a half. but there a lot of apts. in vista and huachuca city so just look and u can find a cheap one that u can have a dog. i think the house next to me might be for rent soon. but not sure. but for night life nothing much here to do. there are a few guys that meet at the park in vista. but there always bars u can go to. been to a few but i not much of a drinker. me and my group done here hang out here and there in tucson and have bbqs here and there when we have time. but i work a lot and dont have much time for much of anything.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:27 PM

Apartments in Sierra Vista you wanna look for is either Montego Bay which is where I live or Port Royal. Those are the nicest in the town. Both have washer/dryer in the apartment. What company are you interviewing for? CACI, L3, Oberon, GD, SAIC? There's a couple bars here. I go to IK which is a karaoke bar. Wednesday and Sunday is 2 for 1. It's a bitch to drive from Tucson everyday though. I would not recommend it.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:43 PM

Ill be workin on Ft Huachucha or however you spell it for General Dynamics. err.. Hopefully. lol.

07ss.. govt contractor yourself or just know the companies? Appreciate the heads up on the places to look at. Was actually just lookin at Montego Bay earlier.

So Tucson to Sierra Vista is a no go? I commute right now 45minutes to an hour for my current job so really still having that commute wouldnt be a big deal esp if you would say Tucson is better then SV. (i.e. Tucson has a lot of things SV doesnt have.) Prolly would be nice to live somewhat close to work though and only go to Tucson when/if necessary.

Id like to eventually be able to get back to what I used to have.. a place to go to once a week and get out of the house and be able to attempt to meet people. Its been a bit since Ive had to move where I didnt know anyone. (prior Air Force)
Old 02-25-2010, 08:58 PM

I'm still in. But I've been around the game a little bit. What is it that you do? Cause I know a lot of people that work for GD. Montego Bay is probably the best apartment in SV like I said. I think it would be better to live in SV. Even though we don't have as much as Tucson, it's better just to go to Tucson for what you need IMO.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by 07ss_PJ
I'm still in. But I've been around the game a little bit. What is it that you do? Cause I know a lot of people that work for GD. Montego Bay is probably the best apartment in SV like I said. I think it would be better to live in SV. Even though we don't have as much as Tucson, it's better just to go to Tucson for what you need IMO.
IT.. Computer desktop support.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:37 PM

good luck. i used to live in sierra vista when i was in the army and stationed at Ft Huachuca, then after i got out, lived in south tucson. nice area.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:25 PM

Well let me know if you get the job and where on Huachuca you'll be at. If you need anything as well, don't hesitate to ask.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We live in south Tucson. There is more to do in Tucson then Sierra Vista. The drive does suck though. If you got a job there then it's prob a good idea to live there. But more happens in Tucson. Our group gets together quite a bit
Old 02-26-2010, 06:43 AM

Here's another good question. AT&T cell phone signal, good or bad? I'd hate to have to ditch the iPhone and go back to verizon after only 5 months.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:51 AM

Ill be workin on Ft Huachucha or however you spell it for General Dynamics. err.. Hopefully. lol.

07ss.. govt contractor yourself or just know the companies? Appreciate the heads up on the places to look at. Was actually just lookin at Montego Bay earlier.

So Tucson to Sierra Vista is a no go? I commute right now 45minutes to an hour for my current job so really still having that commute wouldnt be a big deal esp if you would say Tucson is better then SV. (i.e. Tucson has a lot of things SV doesnt have.) Prolly would be nice to live somewhat close to work though and only go to Tucson when/if necessary.

Id like to eventually be able to get back to what I used to have.. a place to go to once a week and get out of the house and be able to attempt to meet people. Its been a bit since Ive had to move where I didnt know anyone. (prior Air Force)
what will u be doing at general dynamics? i deal with some of those guys here and there. i work for northrop grumman in vista working on the uavs.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:01 AM

Here's another good question. AT&T cell phone signal, good or bad? I'd hate to have to ditch the iPhone and go back to verizon after only 5 months.
I have AT&T. Right now we do not have 3G. You pick it up about half way to Tucson when you're driving. Supposively, and I'm crossing my fingers, we're suppose to get 3G this summer. Who knows though. Huachuca is one big electromagnetic field. Verizon has the best coverage down here, but I'm not giving up my iPhone for any of there crappy phones.

turbo, so you work for NG? Do you work out of Black Tower or Libby at all? Are you an operator or maintainer?
Old 02-26-2010, 01:19 PM

I have AT&T. Right now we do not have 3G. You pick it up about half way to Tucson when you're driving. Supposively, and I'm crossing my fingers, we're suppose to get 3G this summer. Who knows though. Huachuca is one big electromagnetic field. Verizon has the best coverage down here, but I'm not giving up my iPhone for any of there crappy phones.

turbo, so you work for NG? Do you work out of Black Tower or Libby at all? Are you an operator or maintainer?
i dont go on base much. i work off of the baypass. i a tech here and i build the uavs up and repair them
Old 02-26-2010, 02:03 PM

Shadows, hunters, or predators? Do u know many people from AIS?
Old 02-26-2010, 06:54 PM

Shadows, hunters, or predators? Do u know many people from AIS?
hunters and i dont know
Old 02-27-2010, 07:46 AM

damn damn damn damn damn lol
Old 02-27-2010, 11:27 AM

Turbo, how was the cruise last night? I talked to brew last night. He called me as I was getting pulled over
Old 02-27-2010, 01:19 PM

Turbo, how was the cruise last night? I talked to brew last night. He called me as I was getting pulled over
it was ok. i found out the cheap tires i have on are not great for high speed turns lol
Old 02-27-2010, 01:21 PM

Nice to know theres a decent community of sorts in the area. Ive met for 5 seconds one other balt owner here in charlotte.. to buy something...
Old 02-27-2010, 01:35 PM

You guys drove to Bisbee and back? Did you take 90 to 83? I'm sure you had a better night than me though. I got busted for a 48 in a 25 lol. I gotta take a defensive driving course now to get the ticket taken care of. hahaha
Old 02-28-2010, 01:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You guys drove to Bisbee and back? Did you take 90 to 83? I'm sure you had a better night than me though. I got busted for a 48 in a 25 lol. I gotta take a defensive driving course now to get the ticket taken care of. hahaha
Yeah those aren't fun at all
Old 02-28-2010, 10:05 AM

More random questions.. What percent tint are you all running? And whats the workaround for "illegal" tint?

in NC they measure your tint yearly as part of vehicle inspections...

Quick Reply: Calling those in the S. Tucson/Sierra Vista area