South Mountain UT, AZ, NM, and CO

Hot Teams Racing Feeler Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hot Teams Racing Feeler Thread

As some of you may know, I've been participating for the past couple of years in a Team based Drag Racing competition. The program has had a decent amount of success, but we are thinking of trying to branch out and possibly creating a "Sport Compact" team. Currently we have three teams Ford (who'd been winning just about every year), Dodge and Chevy.

The idea is to create a Sport Compact team where all FWD & AWD 4/6 cylinder cars can compete against the other teams. Currently SRT-4's and Cobalt SS's would run for the Dodge team, but if the new team is created, we'd be on the Sport Compact team, as would most (if not all) Az members here.

For this year, I'd like to put together a "get your feet wet" type event so you can see how the format works without any overhead of worrying about "team points." If there is enough interest (I would say 5-10 cars) then I'd like to set something up for later this year (most likely in Oct or Nov) or if there is enough interest now, we might be able to set something up for March. The "Get your feet wet" event would likely be a "Sport Compacts" vs "All Others" type event. Most of the current participants drive anything from classic muscle cars to modern day versions (Mustang/Camaro/Corvette/etc) to Buick Grand Nationals.

What to do:

1 - Go to this link and find your cars Performance Index score (PI#) and make a note of it.
http://www.outrunu.com/Tech.html

2 - Reply here or PM me with your PI# and when (general month/spring/fall/don't care) you'd like to participate.

3 - If there is enough interest I'll get with John @ Hot Teams Racing and set something up.

Once a race day is determined, you can sit back and wait to see what develops with your car. You will end up being matched with the another car that is within +/-5 points of your cars PI#. The exception to this is that if you and another racer agree otherwise.

Next, you show up at the track and go to the lanes with your match at the assigned time and race. The car that gets to the finish line first wins. Your points you earn for your team are as follows:
3 points for the Win light
2 points for the better reaction time
1 point is a participation point.

The exception is that if you go faster than you are legal or tech'd for (no roll bar etc), you cannot receive any win points. In that case, a slower car could get the win points. Reaction time & participation points are not affected by this rule.

If you have a question or want to learn more about the Performance Index or the race rules you can just post a question and I will answer it.

Just for reference, with the new engine I'll have a PI or 119 off the nitrous or as much as 139 on the nitrous. When I was stock I was around 79, IIRC.

Feel free to copy this to other boards where you think people may be interested in attending.

Oh, one other rule... cars must be capable of running at least a 16.000 sec 1/4 mile (sorry Cobalt LS owners )