South Pacific CA, NV, and HI

car's finally gone

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 02:20 PM
Haz l33t wheelz.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jimbos'ss
circle with a lightening bolt through it, same as the vauxhall
yeah, just saw that, would look interesting on the Cobalt. what's "cobalt" in german? haha get custom badges made, and re-badge it. j/k
Old 07-12-2008, 02:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2fastSS
nice basically what my dad did... used to live out in cali moved to germany met my mom through skiing so forth he stayed over there 20 plus years... Youll start noticing after a while over there opportunities there arent anywhere close to what they are here in the states
this is my 2nd tour here, i have a good idea as far as the opportunities, my plan is to retire with the army here, then pick up a civil service job here. i'm only 13 years from retirement, and i#ve spent most of my career here allready.
Old 07-12-2008, 02:21 PM

grafenwoehr, germany
Cool I was born over my graf in southern germany.

Our second trip over there we were in Heidelburg.
Old 07-12-2008, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by ls1fbody
yeah, just saw that, would look interesting on the Cobalt. what's "cobalt" in german? haha get custom badges made, and re-badge it. j/k
in germany it would be an opel astra. the actual translation should be the same since cobalt is on the atomic chart as a mineral.
Old 07-12-2008, 02:23 PM
Haz l33t wheelz.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
actually they spell it with a K, but it'd be cool, haha
Old 07-12-2008, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Blackout06LS
Cool I was born over my graf in southern germany.

Our second trip over there we were in Heidelburg.
i can't count how many times i have trained at graf, but i have never been stationed there before, last time i was in schweinfurt.

Originally Posted by ls1fbody
actually they spell it with a K, but it'd be cool, haha
figures lol

Last edited by jimbos'ss; 07-12-2008 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-12-2008, 02:24 PM

ehh then yah i mean obviously you have a plan... I found out that alot of germans are really small minded people...Considering i have spent the better part of my life over there born and raised but still
Old 07-12-2008, 02:26 PM

ehh then yah i mean obviously you have a plan... I found out that alot of germans are really small minded people...Considering i have spent the better part of my life over there born and raised but still
idk if there small minded, but they are definately comfortable with there lives.
Old 07-12-2008, 02:30 PM

I love it there compared to here. They are NOT small minded.

However, I do have more rights over here. Too bad in the Guard I won't get stationed over there. LOL! I'll be just sent overseas on deployments.
Old 07-12-2008, 02:32 PM

^^ how many times have you been haha?? I have family i actually lived there... Their def. small minded
Old 07-12-2008, 02:37 PM

^^ how many times have you been haha?? I have family i actually lived there... Their def. small minded
i have spent over 3 1/2 years over here, and most of that time i lived with my in laws in a little german village. i have a good idea of what they're like. they just don't have the ambition we do, and they're quite a bit more conservative, or traditional. alot of it has to do with the lack of social climbing, or opportunities. it'snot like the states where you can go from rags to ritches, so they kind of accept there lives more than thinking about what they could have.
Old 07-12-2008, 02:38 PM

Alright Jimbo, to bad you wont be able to run the car before your deployed again. Glad to see you made it safe. Now I have a cheaper way to visit europe and Germany. Hope to see you around on the boards still
Old 07-12-2008, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Blackout06LS
I love it there compared to here. They are NOT small minded.

However, I do have more rights over here. Too bad in the Guard I won't get stationed over there. LOL! I'll be just sent overseas on deployments.
you know that at any time you can transfer from the guard to active duty, just need your unit to sign a dd 368.

Originally Posted by CASol
Alright Jimbo, to bad you wont be able to run the car before your deployed again. Glad to see you made it safe. Now I have a cheaper way to visit europe and Germany. Hope to see you around on the boards still
thats left to be seen, the car won't arrive any later than sept 2nd, but it could come quite a bit earlier. and i don't have a specific deployment date yet cause i have not checked into my unit yet. and yes paul, you and the wifey are more than welcome to visit.

Last edited by jimbos'ss; 07-12-2008 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-12-2008, 02:43 PM

i have spent over 3 1/2 years over here, and most of that time i lived with my in laws in a little german village. i have a good idea of what they're like. they just don't have the ambition we do, and they're quite a bit more conservative, or traditional. alot of it has to do with the lack of social climbing, or opportunities. it'snot like the states where you can go from rags to ritches, so they kind of accept there lives more than thinking about what they could have.
I know exactly what your talking about but thats not what i meant... If you ever get a chance to travel from the north of germany to the south of germany youll see the two different types of people that are over there... Alot of germans in the south only like to think about themselves hence the reason why i said small minded people..

granted life is totally different over there, shopping, eating, females haha... But def. some aspects of their culture are def. better which i do miss but their schooling system is a joke and some other things im not gonna go into

neway congrats on the move hope you have a blast
Old 07-12-2008, 02:49 PM

I know exactly what your talking about but thats not what i meant... If you ever get a chance to travel from the north of germany to the south of germany youll see the two different types of people that are over there... Alot of germans in the south only like to think about themselves hence the reason why i said small minded people..

granted life is totally different over there, shopping, eating, females haha... But def. some aspects of their culture are def. better which i do miss but their schooling system is a joke and some other things im not gonna go into

neway congrats on the move hope you have a blast
now i have a better idea of what your saying, talking about the difference between the eastern block germans and the western bavarian ones. yah when i went up to places like berlin and leipzig, you definately get more of a humble down to earth feel from them. but down here in bavaria they are quite a bit more elitest minded. thats mostly in the cities though, or near militarisch kasernes.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:39 AM

glad to see you made it ok... try and say hi every now and then, i know we only hung out a few night's but you seemed really cool and down to earth, i'de like to keep in touch... sorry to hear you might not ever come back
Old 07-13-2008, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by hungryhip-ccp
glad to see you made it ok... try and say hi every now and then, i know we only hung out a few night's but you seemed really cool and down to earth, i'de like to keep in touch... sorry to hear you might not ever come back
i may come back but just to visit my parents, i'd never live in cali again.

man i just got back from riding through the countryside on a BMW1000 that bike is awesome, screamin fast too.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:52 AM

can anyone tune my car now? since you said its licensed? the cel came on today (p0172 sytem too rich) and its surging during acceleration (13.5-15AFR) she stalled on me twice during decel... and wot is at a 10.7-11.2

i think im gonna have to go see angelo since your gone now

he's my only hope of getting this fixed or spend 700 on hpt which i dont have right now and wont have for a while but i can scrape up another $100 to go see angelo

what do you think i should do i could live with the code knowing it's rich not lean dosent bother me but im only getting 22 mpg... that i cant live with for very long...

it through the code after a 2nd-3rd gear pull and then idling for about 5 min (me and my buddy in his evo were messing around) needless to say he murderd me when i used to hang (330awhp evo 9)
Old 07-14-2008, 01:32 AM

can anyone tune my car now? since you said its licensed? the cel came on today (p0172 sytem too rich) and its surging during acceleration (13.5-15AFR) she stalled on me twice during decel... and wot is at a 10.7-11.2

he's my only hope of getting this fixed or spend 700 on hpt which i dont have right now and wont have for a while but i can scrape up another $100 to go see angelo

what do you think i should do i could live with the code knowing it's rich not lean dosent bother me but im only getting 22 mpg... that i cant live with for very long...

it through the code after a 2nd-3rd gear pull and then idling for about 5 min (me and my buddy in his evo were messing around) needless to say he murderd me when i used to hang (330awhp evo 9)
yes now that the plugs have been changed and the afr probably leveledout a bit, it will need retuning, all that will need to be changed is the stoich ratio back to normal, i'll see if i can send the liscence to your car through email once i get my laptop online, idk when i can get that done right now i'm using the inlaws computer. btw angelo no longer has hpt, he sold it to stryder, but between the 2 of them they can get it fixed.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:39 AM

woohoo i made it, ich bin im deutcheland! es ist kalt hier. only like 70 degrees out.
mein fround 70* ist nicht kalt, es ist kool.

sorry my spelling sucks... and I only remember so much from Germany / German class

-Karo

If you know how to use HPT I have HPT Pro and I am in Glendale... just buy 2 credit and have your fun with it...

-Karo

Last edited by Karo; 07-14-2008 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-14-2008, 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by Karo
mein fround 70* ist nicht kalt, es ist kool.

sorry my spelling sucks... and I only remember so much from Germany / German class

-Karo

If you know how to use HPT I have HPT Pro and I am in Glendale... just buy 2 credit and have your fun with it...

-Karo
no he doesn't know how yet but i could guide him through what to do over the phone.

oh and it got down to below 50 degrees yesterday and rained like hell.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:30 AM

yes now that the plugs have been changed and the afr probably leveledout a bit, it will need retuning, all that will need to be changed is the stoich ratio back to normal, i'll see if i can send the liscence to your car through email once i get my laptop online, idk when i can get that done right now i'm using the inlaws computer. btw angelo no longer has hpt, he sold it to stryder, but between the 2 of them they can get it fixed.
thanks let me know if it lets you or not... the car is still drivable just the mileage blows, but i might just ask my pops to let me barrow the money to buy hpt... because im kinda wasting money when i could be doing this myself... so if i but the pro edition will it come with any credits for 07's? or will i need to buy those too? oh and if i buy pro does it come with the scanner or is that seperate? and the little green plug do i need to buy that? it looks like on the website scanner comes with both editions pro and standerd?

**** it... im just gonna put it on my credit card tomorrow from what i can see on the website it comes with everything i need...

8 credits
green plug
cable
scanner
vcm suite (pro edition so i can hook up WB, EGT, and so on)

anything else i need? exept for alot of patience and time

Last edited by hungryhip-ccp; 07-14-2008 at 02:53 AM.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wth is in germany that the us army needs ot be there?
Old 07-14-2008, 02:55 AM

thanks let me know if it lets you or not... the car is still drivable just the mileage blows, but i might just ask my pops to let me barrow the money to buy hpt... because im kinda wasting money when i could be doing this myself... so if i but the pro edition will it come with any credits for 07's? or will i need to buy those too? oh and if i buy pro does it come with the scanner or is that seperate? and the little green plug do i need to buy that? it looks like on the website scanner comes with both editions pro and standerd?
ok hpt comes with 8 credits right off the bat, enough to liscense an entire model year and 1 more car from a different year. if you get it might as well buy hpt through a reseller, usually you will get a small discount. both pro and standard version comes with the same software. the only difference between pro and standard is the eio inputs(analog inputs) ie logging with wb. so you don#t have to tune by fuel trims.. and no you don't need to purchase the little green plug, comes with the pro version.

Originally Posted by eurochevy
wth is in germany that the us army needs ot be there?
wow dude the us army has been in germany since ww2.......................................maybe you didn't know we have troops strategically placed all over the world?

Last edited by jimbos'ss; 07-14-2008 at 02:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-14-2008, 02:55 AM

ok hpt comes with 8 credits right off the bat, enough to liscense an entire model year and 1 more car from a different year. if you get it might as well buy hpt through a reseller, usually you will get a small discount. both pro and standard version comes with the same software. the only difference between pro and standard is the eio inputs(analog inputs) ie logging with wb. so you don#t have to tune by fuel trims.. and no you don't need to purchase the little green plug, comes with the pro version.
could you reccomend a dealer i was just gonna get it off the website?

does it come with instruction of how to do histogramming and making adjustments cause i dont wanna have to call you every five min or keep going on the forum i wanna just sit down and start going at it (slowly though)

Quick Reply: car's finally gone