Stuff Buy and sell personal non-car stuff
Mark this thread as Unsold

For Sale Windows 7 Professional

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 02:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Windows 7 Professional

I have the 64 bit Windows 7 Professional for sale, this covers 32 and 64 bit installations so no need to worry if you have a 32 bit. This is a student version that I have but it doesnt change anything about it at all. Totally unused copy and unused product key.

$90 shipped or best offer.

Last edited by BULLETSSMOKE; 02-04-2010 at 05:10 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:04 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Received 409 Likes on 352 Posts
$50.

That's about what it goes for, for the student version anyway.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BULLETSSMOKE
I have the 64 bit Windows 7 Professional for sale, this covers 32 and 64 bit installations so no need to worry if you have a 32 bit. This is a student version that I have but it doesnt change anything about it at all. Totally unused copy and unused product key.

$150 shipped or best offer.
Not to be a dick, but Student's but these copies for $35 why would they buy it at that price?

http://www.appscout.com/2009/09/micr...ows_7_stud.php

Are you selling the Retail version, I assume yes since you said both 32/64 are included. And you got it at your student discount. I never heard of Student Version of windows, now Office yes but not the OS.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by crypticscifer
Not to be a dick, but Student's but these copies for $35 why would they buy it at that price?

Are you selling the Retail version, I assume yes since you said both 32/64 are included. And you got it at your student discount. I never heard of Student Version of windows, now Office yes but not the OS.
they dont offer the student price for 35 anymore, now its 59.00 just a fyi
Old 02-02-2010, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by EcoTecDriver
they dont offer the student price for 35 anymore, now its 59.00 just a fyi
Good to know, so its 59.00 for students now?
Old 02-02-2010, 03:25 PM

Not everyone here is a student. Im offering it at a discounted price to those who arent students. It goes for about $170+ now so you're basically saving $20+ and getting a brand new copy.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:29 PM

Not everyone here is a student. Im offering it at a discounted price to those who arent students.
Still $150 isn't a good price, you stated Pro. No offense but if you sold it for $75 your lucky, to many "torrents" out these days. And not to mention you can but an OEM copy from $99-$199 so unless your selling at least Ultimate for $150 is not deal anyway you look at it.

See here

http://microcenter.com/storefronts/m...ws7_store.html

No not the top Retail, look at the bottom OEM.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:30 PM

got mine free for ebing a student and signed up
Old 02-02-2010, 04:32 PM

Still $150 isn't a good price, you stated Pro. No offense but if you sold it for $75 your lucky, to many "torrents" out these days. And not to mention you can but an OEM copy from $99-$199 so unless your selling at least Ultimate for $150 is not deal anyway you look at it.

See here

http://microcenter.com/storefronts/m...ws7_store.html

No not the top Retail, look at the bottom OEM.
The cheapest one I saw was $89.99 on that site and that wasn't even for XP to 7 or Vista to 7. It was WindowsŽ 7 Upgrade Anytime
WindowsŽ 7 Home Premium to Professional Upgrade

Anyway. Keep in mind what I'm selling is OBO so im taking offers.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:48 PM
Premium Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

You can buy a key for $9 on Ebay for any version. ISOs are free anywhere
Old 02-02-2010, 04:51 PM

The cheapest one I saw was $89.99 on that site and that wasn't even for XP to 7 or Vista to 7. It was WindowsŽ 7 Upgrade Anytime
WindowsŽ 7 Home Premium to Professional Upgrade

Anyway. Keep in mind what I'm selling is OBO so im taking offers.
Please sell the OS sell your whole damn computer you can't even find this when all you had to do was follow directions.

http://microcenter.com/search/search...=340414+340448

Originally Posted by mongorat427
You can buy a key for $9 on Ebay for any version. ISOs are free anywhere

I can put a piece of **** in a box and slap a guarantee sticker on it tooooooo.

Friggin people stop being so damn cheap. You want something buy it, see people don't think about how much pirating software hurts the economy, yeah corporations may over charge on some things but that's how they can sell others for cheaper, make it up in the margins as it's called. Did you ever wonder how much time and man power it goes to develop software. You sit behind a desk for hours upon hours then when you want a reasonable price considering the cost of items now a days, you would be pissed if someone stole it.

and to the OP even with what I've said the fact still remains your price is too high, lower it and you will sell it.

Last edited by crypticscifer; 02-02-2010 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-02-2010, 06:27 PM

You people don't know how a loader works, do you?
Old 02-03-2010, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Nighthawk243
You people don't know how a loader works, do you?

Boot loader? Boat loader? Batch loader?

What type???
Old 02-03-2010, 12:21 PM

price changed
Old 02-03-2010, 04:17 PM

price changed

I'm telling you put it at $75 shipped and it will be gone. Not by me but someone will. Throw it on ebay and WHAMMY, As in Gene Tenace at the plate
Old 02-03-2010, 07:49 PM

well its still best offer too
Old 02-03-2010, 08:04 PM

Boot loader? Boat loader? Batch loader?

What type???
Just a loader. It makes Win7 think your machine is an OEM machine
Old 02-04-2010, 01:29 PM

Just a loader. It makes Win7 think your machine is an OEM machine
Well that would be more of an emulator then, and you don't make an OS think its OEM or not. OEM means distributed with the Original Equipment Manufacture. In the computer industry that means any Motherboard bought anywhere. You do the math there.

Please post link of said "loader"

Ever get a copy of windows XP with your Dell computer, yeah that's an OEM version.

The version the OP has is a Retail version meaning you don't have to buy a motherboard with it. And it comes with both 32/64 bit why its so much. Now that doesn't mean you must buy a motherboard with an OEM copy, the loop hole there is any retailer will sell it if you buy another part required to build a machine.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:51 PM

Yeah this is the operating system only. It will upgrade you from Windows XP or Vista. I used the first one of these I had on my Windows XP computer and I'm using Windows 7 on it right now and its great. It runs as lean as windows XP (which means it runs as fast) and it has more options and features than Vista with the security of it too. But it wont run slow and annoy the hell out of you like Vista.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:26 PM

Yeah this is the operating system only. It will upgrade you from Windows XP or Vista. I used the first one of these I had on my Windows XP computer and I'm using Windows 7 on it right now and its great. It runs as lean as windows XP (which means it runs as fast) and it has more options and features than Vista with the security of it too. But it wont run slow and annoy the hell out of you like Vista.
Even though the upgrade went smoothly and your apps work your file structure is fudged. Microsoft can't do a really clean conversion between the two structures and take going from 2000 to XP its WINNT\system32 to WINDOWS\system32 . Now in XP to Vista/7 its even worse since 1. the user directories are moved 2. the program directories as well 3. The registry has other mods and changes as well.

The way that will effect you is when troubleshooting, because you will be researching on the web an error message, but the file it is referencing is assuming its a fresh windows install not an upgrade and will be in the old XP location not the new Vista/7 location. So it very tedious in the grand scheme.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:29 PM

Even though the upgrade went smoothly and your apps work your file structure is fudged. Microsoft can't do a really clean conversion between the two structures and take going from 2000 to XP its WINNT\system32 to WINDOWS\system32 . Now in XP to Vista/7 its even worse since 1. the user directories are moved 2. the program directories as well 3. The registry has other mods and changes as well.

The way that will effect you is when troubleshooting, because you will be researching on the web an error message, but the file it is referencing is assuming its a fresh windows install not an upgrade and will be in the old XP location not the new Vista/7 location. So it very tedious in the grand scheme.
I did the clean install. I wasnt about to mess with the upgrading process. I meant to use the word upgrade like I upgraded to a better OS. I formatted the HDD then clean installed.
Old 02-04-2010, 03:51 PM

I did the clean install. I wasnt about to mess with the upgrading process. I meant to use the word upgrade like I upgraded to a better OS. I formatted the HDD then clean installed.
Best thing you could have done. Even doing the MS app transfer and doc transfer Im not to fond on since you can transfer viruses very easily. Where when you do a manual copy paste your AV should be proactive and pick it up.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:24 PM

Well that would be more of an emulator then, and you don't make an OS think its OEM or not. OEM means distributed with the Original Equipment Manufacture. In the computer industry that means any Motherboard bought anywhere. You do the math there.

Please post link of said "loader"

Ever get a copy of windows XP with your Dell computer, yeah that's an OEM version.

The version the OP has is a Retail version meaning you don't have to buy a motherboard with it. And it comes with both 32/64 bit why its so much. Now that doesn't mean you must buy a motherboard with an OEM copy, the loop hole there is any retailer will sell it if you buy another part required to build a machine.
I cannot post a link. I'd get banned for it. Just type it in google.

Win7 has a feature that on newer hardware, it'll read a chip that is usually on OEM machines for activating copies on an OEM machine. In the past, pervious versions of windows were pre-activated at the factory. IF you ever had to reinstall windows completely, you'd have to call microsoft to get them to give you an activation code since all the OEM keys were locked out of the online activator. The newer machines shipping with Win7 doesn't require you to call Microsoft provided that the OEM key and the chip on the hardware agreed. The win7 loader emulates the chip that win7 looks for by loading it prior to the OS. Win 7 thinks my desktop is an OEM Acer machine although it is a custom built one.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:53 PM

I cannot post a link. I'd get banned for it. Just type it in google.

Win7 has a feature that on newer hardware, it'll read a chip that is usually on OEM machines for activating copies on an OEM machine. In the past, pervious versions of windows were pre-activated at the factory. IF you ever had to reinstall windows completely, you'd have to call microsoft to get them to give you an activation code since all the OEM keys were locked out of the online activator. The newer machines shipping with Win7 doesn't require you to call Microsoft provided that the OEM key and the chip on the hardware agreed. The win7 loader emulates the chip that win7 looks for by loading it prior to the OS. Win 7 thinks my desktop is an OEM Acer machine although it is a custom built one.
I would rather call MS and get an actual good key code than run some hack job with more headaches, oh yeah what happens when the MOBO manufactures and MS fix that problem with something else. No one thought DRM would exist or be as big but it is. And your machine is still OEM, as in an OEM MOBO. Like I've stated previously I will state again, the ONLY difference between the OEM and Retail versions are how you buy it ( with HW or standalone ) and what comes with it (OEM - single 32 or 64 , Retail 32+64) that's it.

BTW in the past you never "activated" 3.1, 95, 98, 2000 or even ME. That did not start activations until XP, when MS changed everything.

Learn some history of the MS lineup

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History...rosoft_Windows

And yes I believe what is said to be true, since I've witnessed it.

You sir categorize as a script kiddie. Ethical Hacking is really the way to go.

You guys may know cars, but I'll run circles in the IT dept.