Supporting Vendor Deals & Group Purchases For Supporting Vendors ONLY!

Cobalt Addiction CARBON FIBER HOOD GROUP BUY

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well im not coming up with any more money so if this falls thru then i guess no hood for me...
Old 01-17-2007, 03:48 PM

if you are waiting for tax money put it on credit until you get your $$$ these are great prices...
Old 01-17-2007, 03:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
putting it on a CC isnt a bad idea.
just pay it off when you get your tax return. there shouldnt be any interest on it either if you get the money within the month and pay the CC company
Old 01-17-2007, 06:35 PM

i will be purchasing my ss tonight sorry for the delay
Old 01-17-2007, 06:40 PM

But the whole thing is, there are multiple hoods there to buy so it is going to be harder to hit the Number of people needed for the group buy on a particular hood. For example there are 15 people and 1 hood to choose from so either u buy it or not. Now there are 5 hoods to choose from and 15 people and now its gona be harder to hit the goal for the GB on each hood.
"If the number isn't reached we will provide you with the extended price offer based upon what number may be reached on that particular hood."
What would the extended price be? I must be missing something....

later
Old 01-17-2007, 07:06 PM

Just order the SS hood and then we can be closer to 10 and then once we hit 10 then we can worry about the other hoods.....hahaha
Old 01-17-2007, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by CadetLax13
Just order the SS hood and then we can be closer to 10 and then once we hit 10 then we can worry about the other hoods.....hahaha
lol its tempting but also annoying since u dont know if 10 people are going to buy... and what is the extended price?

later
Old 01-17-2007, 07:47 PM

damn well since where only getting to the 22nd which i didnt think this would only be til then im out i thought we would have more time i think this gb was done a little wierd oh well thanks anomous for getting it going for all, spend my money elsewere i guess now
Old 01-17-2007, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by wickedSS
damn well since where only getting to the 22nd which i didnt think this would only be til then im out i thought we would have more time i think this gb was done a little wierd oh well thanks anomous for getting it going for all, spend my money elsewere i guess now
I think most of us were looking to spend our tax rebates on the stuff. I wont get my w-2 until January 31st.. which blows....

As far as the CC thing, some of us dont have a $1,000 spending limit or higher due to bad credit or no credit in my case, I only have $750. anyways...

later
Old 01-17-2007, 09:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
exactly. Everyone was hoping to have this gb around tax return time. CA says to use a credit card for now but frankly some of us either don't have one, the limit isn't high enough to cover it, and or its maxed out. I think that CA should've noticed that in the interest thread and setup their suppliers so that the deal could've been offered around then. I will be extremely surprised it the gb reached the number of buyers required by the ending date of the 22nd. Especially with the point someone mentioned of trying to get a large number for every type that is being offered
Old 01-17-2007, 09:43 PM

I'm gonna have to wait something came up so I can't right yet. Sorry
Old 01-18-2007, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by celicacobalt
well im not coming up with any more money so if this falls thru then i guess no hood for me...
so if he doesnt come up with more green that leaves just me for the rk sport hood. and im not paying full price so then no hood for me either...

THIS IS FOR CA TO ANSWER: i wanted to add this as a side note. i used a buiness paypal account to pay for my hood. and if you refund the money back to the paypal account im gonna get charged a % to get the money back. so are you gonna pay my % so i get the full amount back. i do want other stuff of ur site so maybe we can work something out for other parts here if the hood thing falls thru...

Last edited by HatedCobalt; 01-18-2007 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-18-2007, 10:53 AM

well... i just went to the cobalt addiction site to look at the hood deals. does anyone have the SS style hood with functioning dirt collector? just curious if the added air-flow is worth all the extra dirt in the engine compartment. by the way cobalt addiction, you guys need to re-read some of your hood ads. that first hood ad i couldnt tell if you are selling hoods or heads or what the hell it does. you might wanna re-word it.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:00 AM

seems like alot of questions are being avoided...
Old 01-18-2007, 11:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
he just hasnt gotten a chance to get on the board to reply to anything not avoiding anything.
i cant answer this stuff because kennys dealing with the manufacturers.
just give him a second to respond ...he doesnt sit on the forums all day like i do. lol
Old 01-18-2007, 01:47 PM
Former Vendor

No questions are being avoided.
All the questions that have even remotely been stated have been answered throughout this thread previosly , but i will re- answer them more clearly.
1) Why is there such a short tiem limit ?
answer: CARBON FIBER IS ON SHORTAGE IN THE WORLD CURRENTLY. MOST OF THESE HOODS BEING OFFERED ARE MADE OVERSEAS AND ARE IN LIMITED QUANITITY. OUT OF EVERY CARBON FIBER HOOD MADE FOR THE COBALT , THERE ARE ONLY ABOUT 30 HOODS TOTAL CURRENTLY IN THE USA.

2) Why is there liKE 5 hoods to choose from instead of one ?
answer: THIS IS HOW YOU GUYS ASKED FOR IT , THE FORUM USERS REQUESTED A BUY ON ALL THE HOODS SO WE PROVIDED IT BASED UPON ALL THE HOODS.

3)Why can't the group buy run longer?
answer: MOST PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO PAY NOW AND WAIT 2 MONTHS FOR THERE HOOD TO COME IN. ALSO PEOPLE REALIZE THIS IS LIKE A ONCE IN A LIFETIME DEAL ON MOST OF THESE HOODS AND THEY ARE JUMPING ON IT BECAUSE THEY REALIZE HOW RARE THE CF HOODS ARE . WE ALSO CANNOT GUARANTEE THERE WILL BE ANY HOODS LEFT IN THE USA IN A MONTH OR 2 BECAUSE THIS GROUP BUY IS CLEARING MOST MANUFACTURERS INVENTORY COMPLETELY OUT. SO EVEN IF YOU WANT TO BUY A HOOD AT FULL PRICE IN A MONTH , YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEM TO COME IN FROM OVERSEAS WHICH CAN TAKE MONTHS.

4) Why is this group buy so weird?
answer : NORMALLY THIS IS HOW GROUP BUYS ARE SET UP . PEOPLE ASK FOR A PRODUCT , THEN A VENDOR GETS TOGETHER HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE INTERESTED AND THEN GETS A PRICE QUOTE BASED UPON HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE INTERESTED. THERE IS ALWAYS A TIME FRAME BASED UPON WHAT THE MANUFACTURERS HAVE IN STOCK AND WHAT THEY ARE EXPECTING TO GET. THAT WAY ALSO THE PEOPEL WHO PAY THE FIRST DAY OF THE GROUP BUY ARENT WAITING 2 MONTHS TO GET THERE PRODUCT WHEN THE FINAL 10TH PERSON PAYS FOR IT LAST MINUTE.

5) What hapens if there is not enough hoods sold to make the minimum
answer:WE WILL OFFER YOU AN EXTENDED PRICE BASED UPON HOW MANY HOODS ARE SOLD. WE CANNOT OFFER THE SAME PRICES AS THE GROUP BUY BECUASE THE MANUFACTURERS SET THESE MINIMUM NUMBERS AS PRICE BREAKS. IF THERE ARE ONLY 2 SOLD , WE DO NOT MAKE THE PRICE BREAK FOR 5 THAT THE MANUFACTURERS REQUESTED SO WE HAVE TO SELL IT FOR WHATEVER THE NEW PRICE THE MANUFACTURER DECIDES BASED ON BUYING 2 AT A TIME INSTEAD OF 5.

6) What is a group buy ?
answer: REAL GROUP BUYS ARE ONCE IN A LIFETIME PRICES FOR AN ITEM BASED ON BUYING IT IN BULK AND GETTING SPECIAL PRICES FROM THE MANUFACTURER TO PASS ALONG TO THE CUSTOMER. THESE ARE NORMALLY BELOW DEALER COST PRICING BECAUSE OF BUYING IT SPECIAL FOR A GROUP BUY. IT IS THE TIME IN YOUR LIFE TO GET THE MONEY TOGETHER AND ACT UPON THE SPECIAL DEAL BECAUSE IT PROBABLY WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN FOR A LONG TIME.

**These hoods are clearing out of stock even without this group buy as many people will pay full price just to have the hoods as soon as possible for the up coming show season. The only hoods that can probably have a group buy in a month will be the SS CF hoods just because we have 18 of them in stock . But that is no guarantee!!! All these hoods are a RARE item and are LIMITED IN QUANTITY!!!!! I cannot stress that enough!!!!!!!
I would get a loan from the parents from your tax return money , sell some used parts you may have sitting around , get a credit card ...whatever! If you miss out on this group buy there probably will not be another one for a long time as there just isnt that many hoods in the US to offer this special any other time!!!!!! It has to happen during this time frame because in a month or 2 there won't be anymore left !!!!!
Believe me if i could do it for 2 months i would , BUT THERE ISNT THAT MANY HOODS, This is clearing out everyones inventory . Each day that goes by there are less hoods available as there are many normal people all over the US buying them that don't know about a group buy and i can only hold these numbers for so long . It isnt our business , it is the manufacturers...if they can sell them at full price instead of discounted they will because its more money in there pocket.
If you can do it and want a CF hood now is the tiem to do it !! IF you can't do it then you can't do it ......that's life ....but don't make us out to be the bad guys because we came through with a once in a lifetime deal to help you guys out. We are just tryign to help the community with what they asked for and this is the only way it can happen for these prices .
IF people want it really bad they will make it happen ....maybe we can do a deposit on the hoods ...say $150.00 non-refundable deposit to hold your hood , but balance must be paid by a certain time period. That would be about the only other solution as we would have to front the rest of the money for your hood and have it sit here and wait till payment is made. Then if payment isnt made we have atleast covered our butt and it will guarantee that the people really do want the hood instead of just saying they do and will never buy it anyway. Let me know what you guys think ?

Originally Posted by Tsa_Performance
so if he doesnt come up with more green that leaves just me for the rk sport hood. and im not paying full price so then no hood for me either...

THIS IS FOR CA TO ANSWER: i wanted to add this as a side note. i used a buiness paypal account to pay for my hood. and if you refund the money back to the paypal account im gonna get charged a % to get the money back. so are you gonna pay my % so i get the full amount back. i do want other stuff of ur site so maybe we can work something out for other parts here if the hood thing falls thru...
Paypal refunds the full amount back , they do not remove a fee for using the service if you do a full refund within 45 days.

Last edited by Cobalt-Addiction; 01-18-2007 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-18-2007, 02:26 PM

I think the deposit option is a good idea. Would you need to have that by monday the 22nd? Also when you need the remaining balance by?
Old 01-18-2007, 03:21 PM

Hey sorry for the delay on orderin... i still need to verify my paypal account so i can actually purchase something larger than 500.... They said it would take two to three days so im hoping it will be before the gb ends.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:28 PM

Thanks for the answers and updates CA. The deposit thing is more than reasonable on your part. im sure the guys wanting to scrape the cash together will appreciate the oppertunity to jump on this great deal!!
Old 01-18-2007, 04:07 PM

This sucks, I have money in hand and want the SS hood bad. If it weren't for the $500-$800 shipping I'd be on this, but I just can't justify payin more for shipping than I'm payin for the hood.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:20 PM

i like the deposit idea for those who dont have all the cash right now. that a good deal...i paid for my hood in full and if the 5 people isnt reached for the rk sport hood then atleast i know CA will hold it for me till i get the say 50-80 bux to finish paying for it.....
Old 01-18-2007, 05:33 PM

my fibreglass hood was 430, and the shipping is 250. duty and gst will cost aboutanother 125, then there is brokerage.... yadda yadda, oh, then i get to paint it. total? it should cost me 3-4 times the raw cost of the hood to get it done and on the car. living in canada sucks trying to make a cool car.......
oh, and the mighty currency conversion. bah.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:20 PM

Just had one more question. The deposit is non refundable, if the number isnt met you said we would probably end up having to pay more? Is there anyway that we can get our money back if the number is let than the min or possibly use it as credit towards a different purchase?
Old 01-18-2007, 09:52 PM

So how would this deposit work? Would we send u $150 Paypal to your account stating what hood we want? Then send u the rest of the money via Paypal at a later date. I doubt u can go through the site using the shopping cart and only pay $150.... get what im saying?

later
Old 01-18-2007, 10:34 PM

hey cobalt addiction if your allowing a deposit just let me know how much i can come up with maybe 400 dollars right now so if you can hold one for me with that price i will def. be in it.... I just cant come up with that large of a lump sum and i cant use my credit car as it is full....Neway i appreciate it if you let me know how much exactly your willing to hold it for me and how i would make the payments to u

Quick Reply: Cobalt Addiction CARBON FIBER HOOD GROUP BUY