Suspension Springs, Shocks, Brakes

Best suspension set up for drag racing?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best suspension set up for drag racing?

Ok go ahead and flame me. But if anyone has a good set up let me know.
Old 05-27-2006, 07:43 PM

Im working on one.

Im going to use the Eiboch prokit springs. (Sprotlines lower to far for drag tires)
A set of JBP CABs.
A set of rear drag bags for a saturn vew.
A ZZP uper motor mount.
A set of front and rear Intense trans mounts.
A front strut tower bar.
A set of 18x7.5" rims
A set of 235/40/18 BFG KDW2s
and struts as soon as some on makes them.

Some of that i have some of it is on order and the rest of it will be ordered in a few weeks.
Well all but the struts.
Im also working on a part the will go in the rear of the car. Thats all I can say for now.
If it wirks Ill be posting on it and trying to get some one to make them for us. if not know one will ever know..lol

later
Old 05-29-2006, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Badmunky
Im working on one.

Im going to use the Eiboch prokit springs. (Sprotlines lower to far for drag tires)
A set of JBP CABs.
A ZZP uper motor mount.
A front strut tower bar.
A set of 18x7.5" rims

Some of that i have some of it is on order and the rest of it will be ordered in a few weeks.
Well all but the struts.
Im also working on a part the will go in the rear of the car. Thats all I can say for now.
If it wirks Ill be posting on it and trying to get some one to make them for us. if not know one will ever know..lol

later
Do you plan on putting sway bars on?
Old 05-29-2006, 09:36 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im working on one.

Im going to use the Eiboch prokit springs. (Sprotlines lower to far for drag tires)A set of JBP CABs.
A ZZP uper motor mount.
A front strut tower bar.
A set of 18x7.5" rims

Well all but the struts.

later
Hmmm, What is your theory on this?

As well if your going for drag then you want 16" rims and 255/60R16 hoosiers or other drag radials.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:45 PM

How does the STB help us launch?

You can probably add a torque brace to that list. it will help eliminate wheel hop, which helps in drag racing.

Also, after talking to some SRT-4 guys, the control arm bushings made a huge difference for them.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:57 AM

The strut bar will help keep the front from flexing and reduse aljinment changes.

As for the TB after the mods I have plained I will not need one. I will only use it as a last resort.

As for the 16s im not going for all out drag. So I want to see what I can do with the 18s befor I move on to 16s and DRs. I will need to replace my clutch first as well. The stocker cant hold this kind of power with that kind of tracktion.

Oh and sway bars are for cornering not draging.

AS for the sportlines lowering to far. The problem is the angle if the half shafts. With that much drop and DRs the half shafts will brake vary easy. And with an over sized RD the tire may not have enuff clearance to turn and for the suspension to compres with out dameging the body work.

Later.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:59 AM
Banned

cool
Old 05-30-2006, 01:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The strut bar will help keep the front from flexing and reduse aljinment changes.

As for the TB after the mods I have plained I will not need one. I will only use it as a last resort.

As for the 16s im not going for all out drag. So I want to see what I can do with the 18s befor I move on to 16s and DRs. I will need to replace my clutch first as well. The stocker cant hold this kind of power with that kind of tracktion.

Oh and sway bars are for cornering not draging.

AS for the sportlines lowering to far. The problem is the angle if the half shafts. With that much drop and DRs the half shafts will brake vary easy. And with an over sized RD the tire may not have enuff clearance to turn and for the suspension to compres with out dameging the body work.

Later.
Sorry to veer off-topic, but seriously, have you ever thought of using a spell checker or a dictionary before posting?? Your grammatical errors really discredit what you say, and it really bothers me. In the future please try to re-read your posts for spelling errors.

Thanks
Old 05-30-2006, 01:20 AM

Sorry about that. I dont have a spell check on this computer at the moment. Im dyslexic and I have been trying to improve this problem. My typeing skills are not as good as some as well. I do make mistakes from time to time in that maner as well.
You should read some of the posts I made 3 years ago on clubcav.com. There realy bad.
For more infomation on this topic please visit www.dyslexic.com.

I do my best but I understand that some times it can be hard for some one that dosnt have this problem to see and read my posts.

I was also in a vary bad car wreck in 2000 that has permanently afected my memery.
This just componds the problem.

If you had talked to the doctors after the crash you would be vary impresed at my recovery as they told my family that I may be mentaly disabled for the rest of my life.

I made a 98% recovery! That last 2% is my memery problem. I can go in to more detail with you on Aim coversation if you would like.

And Im always open to any help any one can give me ot this subject. My AIM is Badmunky 97.

As soon as I get every thing fixed on this computer I will try to find a spell check program and install it.
The one I had was lost in one of the last crashes I had.
I think I finaly fixed the problem so it should be good now.

Later man.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:22 AM

Ok now back on topic guys.

AIM me or Pm me if you would like to talk about the other topic more.

Thanks