Suspension Springs, Shocks, Brakes

Finally........AN AWESOME SWAY BARS SETUP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Finally........AN AWESOME SWAY BARS SETUP!!!

Hi Guys,

I've done alot of reasearch lately on sway bars and finally decided I wanted to finish my suspention upgrade with the Eibach 29mm front sway bar and the TTR 25.4mm rear sway bar. I know alot of people on this forum have said things like "The Eibach Sway Bar is way too big, It can't possibly work." or "The TTR Bar is too stiff." This may be true separately, but as a combo they work perfectly together. Now......I want to say that I also have Eibach Sportline springs and 225/40/R18 Dunlop Starspec Tires (pics in my gallery.)

I installed the TTR bar the other night and had the Eibach bar professinally installed yesterday. I haven't taken pictures of them installed yet. I just want to say that after my normal driving and testing this setup for 300 miles in the past two day that:

THIS SUSPENTION COMBINATION IS AWESOME!

Thank you Eibach, TTR, and Dunlop for making such great products!

If you guys have any question please ask.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:56 PM

Upgrade to LNF struts and shocks for even more Awesomeness.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
interesting combination, spring steel front bar and a mild steel rear bar.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:34 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Received 409 Likes on 352 Posts
Originally Posted by qwikredline
interesting combination, spring steel front bar and a mild steel rear bar.
pwnd
Old 09-17-2009, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by rallyracer
Upgrade to LNF struts and shocks for even more Awesomeness.
When my shocks go out thats my plan.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:52 PM

sounds good. ill keep this in mind.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by 09turbo
sounds good. ill keep this in mind.
All you need is Hardcore bar and Pedders.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:12 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Received 409 Likes on 352 Posts
x2.3
Old 09-18-2009, 12:45 AM

haha i REALLY hate i missed out on that GB... didnt have the funds
i might can swing enought for a purple hardcore bar
i like the eibachs... for now. lol.
Old 09-20-2009, 01:52 PM

just get full coilover instead of strut and springs.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:04 PM

Question:

Why would you want such a big front sway bar? I do not see the advantages of having a much larger set up than a slimmer one, like 24-25 mm?

FE5 set-up FTW IMO
Old 09-20-2009, 07:31 PM

Received 263 Likes on 222 Posts
the fe5 swaybar setup can be improved. adding a bigger rear bar while keeping the front stock in any car will produce more neutral handling
Old 09-21-2009, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by G5GtTurboCharged
Question:

Why would you want such a big front sway bar? I do not see the advantages of having a much larger set up than a slimmer one, like 24-25 mm?

FE5 set-up FTW IMO
You should drive the car. The bars with these tires........are amazing.

Old 09-21-2009, 08:48 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by G5GtTurboCharged
Question:

FE5 set-up FTW IMO
IIRC the FE5 bar is a solid bar, and the Eibach is a hollow bar

To the OP:
i have your exact setup, only I have Koni struts as well.

Koni struts, Sportlines, TTR rear sway, Eibach front sway, OTTP steering rack spacers, and 225/40 Neven P3000 tires.

Its on rails
Old 09-21-2009, 09:08 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
this should an interesting setup in about 6 months.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Area47
this should an interesting setup in about 6 months.
ive been running it for over 6 months. Havent noticed any adverse affects. Yes, i would trade my TTR rear bar for a OOTP hardcore bar in a heartbeat...but that will involve more cash...something i dont have right now. The TTR bar does fine for now
Old 09-23-2009, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Sharkey
the fe5 swaybar setup can be improved. adding a bigger rear bar while keeping the front stock in any car will produce more neutral handling
Sounds like a good combo, but do you or anyone you know have that setup? I'm thinking of doing the same thing.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:57 PM

Sorry if I brought back a thread that was too old...I figured a couple weeks wasn't bad.

What would be good to go with my OTT street bar? I wouldn't mind upgrading the front sway...but that Eibach bar is overkill in my opinion (especially for the rear sway bar I have). Also, not too thrilled about having to do the required work to get the old bar out and new one in....oh well I guess. Would be a good time to install my steering rack spacers and new struts/shocks as well.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by 007CobaltLS
Sorry if I brought back a thread that was too old...I figured a couple weeks wasn't bad.

What would be good to go with my OTT street bar? I wouldn't mind upgrading the front sway...but that Eibach bar is overkill in my opinion (especially for the rear sway bar I have). Also, not too thrilled about having to do the required work to get the old bar out and new one in....oh well I guess. Would be a good time to install my steering rack spacers and new struts/shocks as well.
Eibach's the best you can get for the front. remember, the eibach is a hollow bar, so its not as big as it looks. it is definitely a pain in the ass to install tho. what other suspension mods do you have?
Old 10-04-2009, 04:16 AM

Just for the record I completely disagree with this thread, and I want to make sure that everyone who is reading it should not just BELIEVE this is a good setup. Unless the OP has some knowledge on suspension other then he just bought some stuff, then this thread is complete bullshit.

Eibach sportlines perform worse than stock springs but they look cool

A front strut bar will not improve the handling of a front wheel drive car like ours

And I am 100% in agreement that all you need ais the FE5 set up (given that you don't have it already being an SS/SC or SS/TC) with Pedders springs, SS/TC shocks and struts, and OTTP Hardcore sway bar. And of course the tires will always be extremely important.

If only Maven would chime in. That guy knows suspension.

That all I have to say...believe what you want...

This guy knows what I'm talking about.

Last edited by ajm5036; 10-04-2009 at 04:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-04-2009, 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by HunterKiller89
Eibach's the best you can get for the front. remember, the eibach is a hollow bar, so its not as big as it looks. it is definitely a pain in the ass to install tho. what other suspension mods do you have?
You know, all I hear is a debate...Eibach front bar is too big/stiff...Eibach bar is great. Don't know what to believe (and most of what I hear is from actual users of it...so that doesn't help).

My current parts are all in my sig (installed parts that is)...Have the following:
*Sportlines on FE1 struts/shocks
*ARK strut bar (doesn't do anything...blah blah blah...don't care)
*OTT rear sway "Street" bar
*205/60 15 Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position tires on stock steelies
*Powerslot rotors
*Hawk Performance Ceramic pads
*MSR 045's (18x8, 4 lug, no tires yet)

Next summer I want to do the following:
*tires for the MSR's (probably Goodyear Eagle GT's in 225/40 18)
*motor and tranny mounts from TTR
*ss brake lines
*front sway (possibly....strongly considering FE5 since the majority of people can agree on that...can always upgrade again)
*struts/shocks (most likely SS/TC, but we'll see...may buy Koni's if I have the money or if my struts/shocks go bad before next summer, I'll probably settle for KYB GR-2's for a cheap and quick replacement)

There might be more, but I can't think of it right now. Also, if I could afford new springs, I'd get H&R or Pedders...can't afford coilovers and I doubt springs will happen either.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by 007CobaltLS

What size is your OTT street bar? Is it solid?
Old 10-04-2009, 03:11 PM

The OTT bars are not solid...they are hollow...mine is the "street" which is 1.0"...they also have the "hardcore" which is 1.25".
Old 10-04-2009, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by ajm5036
Just for the record I completely disagree with this thread, and I want to make sure that everyone who is reading it should not just BELIEVE this is a good setup. Unless the OP has some knowledge on suspension other then he just bought some stuff, then this thread is complete bullshit.

Eibach sportlines perform worse than stock springs but they look cool

A front strut bar will not improve the handling of a front wheel drive car like ours

And I am 100% in agreement that all you need ais the FE5 set up (given that you don't have it already being an SS/SC or SS/TC) with Pedders springs, SS/TC shocks and struts, and OTTP Hardcore sway bar. And of course the tires will always be extremely important.

If only Maven would chime in. That guy knows suspension.

That all I have to say...believe what you want...
sportlines are not worse than stock...they have a similar spring rate, so they feel stock, but since they do lower the car's center of gravity, there is a gain there. not a big one, but it's there.

A front strut bar WILL increase the traction of the rear wheels on this car, especially if you already have a stiff rear sway bar (like the OTTP hardcore bar) thats making your car bias to oversteer. A front sway bar will help balance it out.

The FE5 setup is good, but it is not the end all, beat all, of delta suspensions.

FYI, my information also comes from Maven.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by HunterKiller89
sportlines are not worse than stock...they have a similar spring rate, so they feel stock, but since they do lower the car's center of gravity, there is a gain there. not a big one, but it's there.

A front strut bar WILL increase the traction of the rear wheels on this car, especially if you already have a stiff rear sway bar (like the OTTP hardcore bar) thats making your car bias to oversteer. A front sway bar will help balance it out.

The FE5 setup is good, but it is not the end all, beat all, of delta suspensions.

FYI, my information also comes from Maven.
Here we go again. Maven NEVER said a front strut bar will increase traction of the rear wheels thats pure fiction. Maven DID SAY that a front strut bar is good for hanging decals on. GM strutural analysis said it didnt make any difference as the strut tower is tied into the firewall unlike the ricers and bimmers which generally have strut towers hanging in space midway between the headlights and the firewall.

I measure springs on a spring testing device. Sport lines rate at 400 lbs at 8 inches of compressed height. TC springs rate 620 lbs at 8 inches of compressed height. But it is true, the free length of the TC spring is higher, at 310 mm compared to 260 mm so these numbers are not directly comparative, but give you an idea,.... until the sportlines coil binds , its pretty much like Ajm5036 says it. Yup, pretty much

Quick Reply: Finally........AN AWESOME SWAY BARS SETUP!!!