Suspension Springs, Shocks, Brakes

issue with pedders handling

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
issue with pedders handling

hey guys, i installed pedders 2 weeks ago and have been driving normal since then to let them settle. well today i decided to push it a little and i really was not all that impressed with the handling of them. I have a nice S turn i used to take all the time and now with the pedders i am getting massive tire squeal and even some under steer in one spot. it was kinda scary.

i also installed the ottp street bar at the same time. is it possible i fudged the install some how? it was my 1st time doing springs but seemed pretty straight forward.

if this is how they are i may go back to stock.

Thanks,
Old 04-02-2011, 11:57 AM

did you reallign the car after putting the springs on? i dont personally have spring so idk how or what they do, just trying to help.

but on another note, if you wanna sell the pedders lmk, ill buy them lol
Old 04-02-2011, 12:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You need to get it aligned after, otherwise the toe is off. You DID align it before you came on here to bitch right?

It should be set to zero if you have little experience. A touch of toe out helps turn in tremendously, but I wouldn't recommend this to novice drivers.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:31 PM

I don't want to highjack the tread but have a question as well. What are the thoughts on having pedders springs on the front and sportlines on the rear. This way you can get the lower drop on the rear from the sportlines But better handling from the pedders up front.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by clalewis21
I don't want to highjack the tread but have a question as well. What are the thoughts on having pedders springs on the front and sportlines on the rear. This way you can get the lower drop on the rear from the sportlines But better handling from the pedders up front.
so you want massive body roll in the rear????? that negates the purpose of performance suspension and all i see is over-steer problms
Old 04-02-2011, 01:02 PM
Premium Member

Guessing an alignment wasnt done
Old 04-02-2011, 02:36 PM

im proud of myself having the same answer as everyone else. css.net has made me more knowledgable! lmao

and wangspeed please explain a lil more about the toe, im just learning about allignments mmore in school. (like literally this week) do you want a tiny bit more toe? and how much?
Old 04-02-2011, 02:43 PM

plus the rear sportlines are the ones that coil bind making pedders the better ones i have the same springs but hardcore bar and new tires now and the handling difference vs stock ss/tc is crazy lol
Old 04-02-2011, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by 09sscalicobalt
plus the rear sportlines are the ones that coil bind making pedders the better ones i have the same springs but hardcore bar and new tires now and the handling difference vs stock ss/tc is crazy lol
you got any pics of your car now after they springs settled? im still stuck on ssc or pedders lmao. i want drop and handling! ugh im so picky sometimes haha
Old 04-02-2011, 02:52 PM

Pedders still coilbind....do not mix springs its a stupid idea......I really hope you did an alignment. If you didn't then your bound for trouble and your lack of driving experiance will definately cause issues.....wangspeed and myself run pedders only difference he's on konis im on stock struts.....there's room for improvement definately but don't think any of the coilovers compare until you spend big bucks
Old 04-02-2011, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by whyyoumadson?
Pedders still coilbind....do not mix springs its a stupid idea......I really hope you did an alignment. If you didn't then your bound for trouble and your lack of driving experiance will definately cause issues.....wangspeed and myself run pedders only difference he's on konis im on stock struts.....there's room for improvement definately but don't think any of the coilovers compare until you spend big bucks
not like im going to go out and get these but im just curious, what vendor sells struts such as konis? i wanna check them out.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:04 PM

th motorsports sells konis and i think ttr

ssc gives you more drop but rides close to stock...pedders = better but not as nice of a drop
Old 04-02-2011, 03:07 PM

th motorsports sells konis and i think ttr

ssc gives you more drop but rides close to stock...pedders = better but not as nice of a drop
yeah i think you helped me on this topic before haha, im so picky its redic sometimes lmao. you said your on peders on stock struts, got pics?

and also thanks for the info on struts, imma check them out.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:10 PM

nope my cars sitting at the shop right now and the only pics i have are on the stances nad h&r springs. theres plenty floating around on here...personally i think people complain about roads a lot so if the roads alot and pot holes and such and if thats the case i recommend the pedders because the little extra height wont kill anyone....i lol at some people messing up their intercoolers except for wangspeeds incident because those things are unplanned.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:12 PM

nope my cars sitting at the shop right now and the only pics i have are on the stances nad h&r springs. theres plenty floating around on here...personally i think people complain about roads a lot so if the roads alot and pot holes and such and if thats the case i recommend the pedders because the little extra height wont kill anyone....i lol at some people messing up their intercoolers except for wangspeeds incident because those things are unplanned.
i ordered a TR8 so that shouldnt be a problem, i think ill rip off the lip before it touches my intercooler lol. but allright ill look around, i just wanna buy springs one time and like them, i dont want to buy another set cuz i wanna go lower. that would just be a pain in the *****.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:14 PM

Troll...
Old 04-02-2011, 03:26 PM

Here's my 2 cents....if your happy with the stock handling and just want to go lower then just get ssc springs. They give a nice drop.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:29 PM

Here's my 2 cents....if your happy with the stock handling and just want to go lower then just get ssc springs. They give a nice drop.
and thats where my pickyness comes in, i want better handling and more drop without buying coils, and ik thats pretty much impossible
Old 04-02-2011, 03:42 PM

The coilovers aren't even good though that's the problem. They all handle like ****. Ask me how I kno. The kw variant. 2 are the only good ones for a decent price. After then expect to spend serious money for good stuff.

The pedders provide a good drop its just not as low as most people want. Check out the thread that has a binch of spring pics compiled into one thred
Old 04-02-2011, 03:46 PM

You want good coils get KW variant 2

or HSD, i have HSD and the car handles very well. Hardcore sway bar too.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:14 PM

Re: toe. It's the way the front of the tire points. If the point straight ahead, you have zero toe. Outward means the front points out and the reverse for in. I had the car on track with stock align, which is toe in. Crappy turn in. Tried zero, still meh. A little toe out? Eager to turn, finally.

There is a cost though. Anything other than zero toe will put additional wear on your tires.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by MikeyB
You want good coils get KW variant 2

or HSD, i have HSD and the car handles very well. Hardcore sway bar too.
hsd and stance are exactly the same. higher spring rates in the front is not the answer. good streer coilover non the less. its not upgraded over the pedders springs deal.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Kyle4236
so you want massive body roll in the rear????? that negates the purpose of performance suspension and all i see is over-steer problms
Actually if it rolls more ("softer') in the rear, you have less weight transfer and it will UNDERSTEER more.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by clalewis21
99% sure the spring rates between the two are different. Not a good idea at all.

Just because the car is FWD doesn't mean you can put whatever you want in the rear. You're going to negate the better handling springs in the front.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by MaxPsi
hey guys, i installed pedders 2 weeks ago and have been driving normal since then to let them settle. well today i decided to push it a little and i really was not all that impressed with the handling of them. I have a nice S turn i used to take all the time and now with the pedders i am getting massive tire squeal and even some under steer in one spot. it was kinda scary.

i also installed the ottp street bar at the same time. is it possible i fudged the install some how? it was my 1st time doing springs but seemed pretty straight forward.

if this is how they are i may go back to stock.

Thanks,

some under steer in one spot
That's really surprising, given you added the rear bar. Where is the tire squeal comming from? I would expect more squeal in the REAR, since you're "working" the tires more there compared to the front...but that would result in LESS understeer (more oversteer).

Quick Reply: issue with pedders handling