Suspension Springs, Shocks, Brakes

Pedders springs

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 06:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 06black
T3's!!!!!!!!!!
there is only one of you thank goodness!
Old 09-06-2009, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by drew1991sf
call tom at crate engine depot 373shipped is wat i got mine for new
Can you give me the part numbers you used please

Also did you just order 2 of the same number for the rear shocks?
Old 09-06-2009, 06:29 PM

all i did was call him so there was no mix up on ss/sc and ss/tc struts/shocks lol.
i can give u all the info on tuesday when i go back to work i have the reciept there. or just email him and ask for wat Drew Hughes ordered back like in june or may.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by 06black
T3's!!!!!!!!!!
where can i check out these t3 springs.
Old 09-06-2009, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by samsumthing
here. these are front springs T3 GMR

Old 09-06-2009, 10:12 PM

/\ I see lots of fun stuff in the pic...Are you apart of one of the Cobalt race teams?
Old 09-06-2009, 10:15 PM

his shop made the time attack cobalts.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:21 PM

well do u have any other parts off the time attack cobalt that will be available soon?
Old 09-06-2009, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by drew1991sf
well do u have any other parts off the time attack cobalt that will be available soon?
front fascia extensions, brake ducts,floating rotors....OTTP can get them
Old 09-06-2009, 11:56 PM
ogc

Originally Posted by qwikredline
jimbo how are ya man? Pedders #1, T3= **** except for Bryan 06 black but he is one of a kind. The more I drive the car, the more I track the car, the springs and TC shocks are simply the best. with an OTTP hardcore bar, cabs,R100 slicks, the car is bad ass fast and perfectly streetable. I need a driver mod the car is that good.
Witnessed. It looks very well balanced.

And yes it would be faster than a Koni Challenge car, witnessed that too.

And John after you left and Mark was done teaching for the day we went out for a few laps.

A testament to these cars again, he just finished driving M3's a porsche GT3 RS and a Ferrari F430 and was absolutely blown away by the Cobalt SS... again.

Through corners 1-5 in my car he was able to stay right on the ass of an 09 ACR Viper and was faster than a 993 GT3 Cup Car. Then the power is the problem.

This car just works, and yours works better than mine.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:15 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
And yes Drew...the rear doesnt "drop" Its still gonna sit higher than the front. But make sure youve got the springs fully seated nonetheless, you shouldnt be able to sping the rubber/foam ring if springs are fully seated.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:21 AM

jimbo how are ya man? Pedders #1, T3= **** except for Bryan 06 black but he is one of a kind. The more I drive the car, the more I track the car, the springs and TC shocks are simply the best. with an OTTP hardcore bar, cabs,R100 slicks, the car is bad ass fast and perfectly streetable. I need a driver mod the car is that good.

Jimbo get a grip bro'. the frickin TVS car has a milyun horsiepower more and an old useless tired slow driver. Put a shoe in the car, and it would run down GS Bimmers in Koni. Thats not the point.

The point is Pedders really got the spring and # right, lower trim height than a TC stock spring, not much more than a TC spring in rate, but a different (better) rising rate curve. The T3 spring is made for a car to suit silly SCCA rules where you cant bolt on an OTTP hardcore bar, so need to overspring the car at the back to make it rotate.

Now understand I doubted maven when he said pedders. I called Pedders for spring rates,they said proprietary information. I said STFU and rated with my spring rate checker EVERY FRICKIN SPRING that fits a stock balt/strut. So I HAVE THE SECRET PEDDERS PROPRIETARY information.

it dont matter. fact is they are the best for most of what we need to do . Except 06 Black, but there is just ONE of him.

Thanks Maven. Jimbo, dial up Josh or Sean and buy the damn springs.... get the TC struts and shocks as well and be happy Gee i am grumpy today. Must be the 20 steering column changes I did yesterday.
i'm doing good john. busy as hell, hopefully coming home in a couple of months. anyhow thats what the info i was looking for. i will be purchasing these with a set of tc struts and shocks once i get the rest of the supplies i need to get my tig welder up and going. its time for the ksports coilovers to go in the trash.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:24 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Qwikredline, what all is entailed in fitting these springs on a Redline?
Old 09-07-2009, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by samsumthing
quick note on the T3's

the GBM, ride rate, and balance are all jacked up, and they are NOT driver friendly.

they will beat you up, resonate the air out of your chest, and show every pitch change in the pavement.

i get away with them because i only drive the car once or twice and weak, and i track drive cars for a living. i'm used to overly tight suspensions, and peaky grip.

with these springs i was able to far exceed my RT-615's grip level @ better then factory roll rates , when i swapped to the new XS's (kumho) the car will swap ends if you get to deliberate with stearing wheel angle.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by Maven
And yes Drew...the rear doesnt "drop" Its still gonna sit higher than the front. But make sure youve got the springs fully seated nonetheless, you shouldnt be able to sping the rubber/foam ring if springs are fully seated.
ya its all the way cant wait til its aligned so i can test em out.
and the rear wasnt a big pain i just used some wd40 on one to lube it up then the stop went right in lol
Old 09-07-2009, 09:37 AM

had i not seen this thread i would have been bugging maven for the t3 springs forever lol
Old 09-07-2009, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Flatgod
Qwikredline, what all is entailed in fitting these springs on a Redline?
Now that is a good questions. You need (Pedders springs) Cobalt top spring plates, a special shim I figured out, (so I purchased special order 20 stainless hardened arbor shims, for folks like you) and make sure your top spring plate bearing (he in the white plastic case full of tiny ball bearings that gets smashed all the time on hack job installs) is good, and assemble carefully. I think I can sell you the shim for about 3 -4 bucks, the top plates are about 15 each, youneed a rubber gasket as well its a different diameter of course come to think of it, I will price it out for you pm me if you want. Assemble and be stunningly happy with an RL on TC struts and Pedders springs. Oh and contact watts-up on RLF for some undercar subframe connectors....

Now that is a good question. You need (Pedders springs) Cobalt top spring plates, a special shim I figured out, (so I purchased special order 20 stainless hardened arbor shims, for folks like you) and make sure your top spring plate bearing (he in the white plastic case full of tiny ball bearings that gets smashed all the time on hack job installs) is good, and assemble carefully. I think I can sell you the shim for about 3 -4 bucks, the top plates are about 15 each, youneed a rubber gasket as well its a different diameter of course come to think of it, I will price it out for you pm me if you want. Assemble and be stunningly happy with an RL on TC struts and Pedders springs. Oh and contact watts-up on RLF for some undercar subframe connectors....

Originally Posted by jimbos'ss
i'm doing good john. busy as hell, hopefully coming home in a couple of months. anyhow thats what the info i was looking for. i will be purchasing these with a set of tc struts and shocks once i get the rest of the supplies i need to get my tig welder up and going. its time for the ksports coilovers to go in the trash.
thats good sure appreciate your slogging it out in the sand box so we can stay home and get speeding tickets and pork girls....K sports in the trash 10-4. TIG? welcome to sunburn and t shirts on fire....

Originally Posted by ogc
Witnessed. It looks very well balanced.

And yes it would be faster than a Koni Challenge car, witnessed that too.

And John after you left and Mark was done teaching for the day we went out for a few laps.

A testament to these cars again, he just finished driving M3's a porsche GT3 RS and a Ferrari F430 and was absolutely blown away by the Cobalt SS... again.

Through corners 1-5 in my car he was able to stay right on the ass of an 09 ACR Viper and was faster than a 993 GT3 Cup Car. Then the power is the problem.

This car just works, and yours works better than mine.
thanks man, on board DL data shows I was overslowing for corner 9, my best theoretical lap is way better than my actual laps, so I am feeling down; Mark would go WAAY faster than me in my car so that has crushed my ego totally. Not that I wish I was your age again, but if the tooth fairy offered I would take it....

there is a billy day on the 16th, I may come out for that and just do a couple hundred miles if I can fix the power steering programming de-rate issue by then, I gotta fix for it. Also I need track time a driver mod is needed ... and if you can come out (the job ok? hanging in?) we could do a mini enduro, no substitute for lotsa track miles...

Last edited by qwikredline; 09-07-2009 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-07-2009, 11:20 AM

thats good sure appreciate your slogging it out in the sand box so we can stay home and get speeding tickets and pork girls....K sports in the trash 10-4. TIG? welcome to sunburn and t shirts on fire....
yah i finally got a Tig, AC/DC squarewave, all the goodies lol i need to get a jacket, gloves, helmet with transition lens, hose for the argon bottle i just ordered, tungstens and filler rods. just getting started is costing me a fortune let alone the cost for the welder itself was extremely high. but charge piping and exhaust will be custom welded by me so i needed it, and then theres some other items i plan to fab. but anyhow /threadjack. yah the ksports are going byby, allready got a buyer, should cover most of the cost to switch to lnf struts and pedders springs
Old 09-07-2009, 11:24 AM
ogc

there is a billy day on the 16th, I may come out for that and just do a couple hundred miles if I can fix the power steering programming de-rate issue by then, I gotta fix for it. Also I need track time a driver mod is needed ... and if you can come out (the job ok? hanging in?) we could do a mini enduro, no substitute for lotsa track miles...
Mark did 8 laps i had my girlfriend timing.

With traffic he had the car down to a 1:39 after 5 laps.... his second lap was faster than my best by 2 seconds. Unbelievable.

He said there is probably 1.5-2 more seconds in it if he could do a clean lap on his own.

Running laps is the most fun I have these days so I absolutely want to get out there for a full day. I need all the practice I can get at this point.

BUT...

The company is going bankrupt so I will be given my walking papers soon, probably this week or next. I am looking for new work already, so if I find something else before the 16th then I will go, but at this point I dont think that is happening.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by ogc
Mark did 8 laps i had my girlfriend timing.

With traffic he had the car down to a 1:39 after 5 laps.... his second lap was faster than my best by 2 seconds. Unbelievable.

He said there is probably 1.5-2 more seconds in it if he could do a clean lap on his own.

Running laps is the most fun I have these days so I absolutely want to get out there for a full day. I need all the practice I can get at this point.

BUT...

The company is going bankrupt so I will be given my walking papers soon, probably this week or next. I am looking for new work already, so if I find something else before the 16th then I will go, but at this point I dont think that is happening.
copy that, good luck , also we can wait on rotors and see how the fall turns out for you....
Old 09-07-2009, 10:59 PM

So how many of you guys have went through a winter with these or lowered? Do you notice that much of a negative difference from the drop and snow? Michigan winters have me worried about being a snowplow lol
Old 09-07-2009, 11:23 PM

Has anyone compared these to Progress springs? I find my Progress springs a bit soft. The ride is nice, but they bottom out fairly easily. The fact that the Peddar's are raked may be good for me, since I have a bit of extra weight in the trunk. I may want to go to 245/35/19 tires at some point also.

Do these mate well with TC struts or would it be worth the extra $$$ to go with Koni's?
Old 09-07-2009, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Bumpin Balt
Has anyone compared these to Progress springs? I find my Progress springs a bit soft. The ride is nice, but they bottom out fairly easily. The fact that the Peddar's are raked may be good for me, since I have a bit of extra weight in the trunk. I may want to go to 245/35/19 tires at some point also.

Do these mate well with TC struts or would it be worth the extra $$$ to go with Koni's?
did you bother reading anything?
Old 09-07-2009, 11:34 PM

I read the whole thread, but I don't remember seeing anything about a comparison between these and Progress. I'm assuming the Peddar's are stiffer, but by how much?
Old 09-07-2009, 11:38 PM

i dont know exactly, but you are concerned with the setup paired with the tc struts. it is stated more than several times by a very reliable source that they are the optimum setup.

Quick Reply: Pedders springs