Suspension Springs, Shocks, Brakes

Warning: Brembo 4 pot brakes 08-10 SS/TC

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Warning: Brembo 4 pot brakes 08-10 SS/TC

Hi guys,

Just wanted to make people aware of an issue I just found on my newly bought Brembo 4 pot brakes.
The piping on the caliper has been damaged when assembled and a bit squised on one of the calipers, the other one is fine but the piping is a bit crooked so it could just as well have been on that one too.

Not really a big deal since it's easy to make new piping yourself, but if not noticed before mounting I see how this could be a potentially dangerous issue.

Anyway I contacted the seller (U.S based company) to make them aware since they have probably sold quite a few of these and the answer I got was:
"We just buy these direct from GM. We do not do anything to them. We just sell them as we get them. We do not tamper with them"
My interpretation of that answer is that they don't care, so I gave them a piece of my mind, which apparently wasn't appreciated.

Old 03-23-2016, 07:03 PM

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts
They're a reseller. You can't really blame them for quality control or something that happened in shipping.

Keep a cool head next time things might go better.
Old 03-23-2016, 07:15 PM

I didn't blame them for anything, here is what I wrote to them:
"Hi xxxxx, I would like to make you guys aware of some quality issues with the calipers.
As you can see in the attached picture the piping has been screwed on to tight on one of the calipers.
The other one is not as tight but is a bit crooked and not far from being squished just like this.
I suppose it's the piping that hasn't got a very good fitting to start with since they are both quite crooked and one is just too much and thus got squished when fitted to the caliper.

This is probably not going to be a big issue for me since I'm pretty sure I got the tools needed to make new piping.
But some customers maybe don't even check this before they mount the new calipers and end up with uneven brakes, or even in an accident?

Anyway I'm going to unscrew the squished piping and check if I got the proper tools and pipe dimension available to make a new ones."

As to what I got the answer:
"We just buy these direct from GM. We do not do anything to them. We just sell them as we get them. We do not tamper with them"

So no blame was put on anyone, all I wanted to do was to let them know of quality issues with a product they are selling. I didn't even ask them to do anything for me since I will be fixing it on my own, it was for their own and other customers sake.
Which is why I'm posting here to let people know what happened.
BTW the packaging was great, it can not have happened in shipping, this is clearly a quality issue when the product was assembled.
Old 03-23-2016, 07:27 PM

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by cactuz
My interpretation of that answer is that they don't care, so I gave them a piece of my mind, which apparently wasn't appreciated.
Made it sound like you got upset with them. You didn't really give them a "piece of your mind" more like made them aware of an issue.
Old 03-23-2016, 07:40 PM

It was in my next reply to their answer I got a bit upset and gave them a piece of my mind since they didn't seem to care the least bit about those quality issues that I tried to make them aware of.

Anyway I'm trying to let you guys know so you check your Brembo 4 pot brakes if you have bought those, no matter what reseller since it's a GM/Brembo quality issue we are talking about.
OR maybe it's just the two calipers I've got that there is this problem with, maybe they had a "take your kids to work day" and let some 10 yr old assemble my brake calipers?
Old 03-28-2016, 01:29 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
not sure what else i would have said if i was them either, if i was them i know i would not be opening up every package i received to check for damage. all they said pretty much is "okay, what do you want us to do about this?"
Old 03-28-2016, 08:52 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
This is something i did not know and I am also in the market for lol.

Thanks for sharing the info, Hope it all works out for you.