Tuning For tuning and related discussions

term2 tune here in IL=PASS!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 04:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
term2 tune here in IL=PASS!!!!

I've been dreading this day--- car was down all summer due to intercooler blowout.
Got my emission test notice so that motivated me to fix the car. Went with the Modern Performance I/C because it has two less hoseclamps to leak than the other players.
Charged up the batt and have put on about 230 miles. All monitors ready EXCEPT the EVAP SYS.
Evap showing "Incomplete" even after all the driving.

Stopped by the Emissions place to ask about status and guy told me one not ready would pass.. so I gave it a go. Sure enough--- a PASS with evap showing incomplete.

Last edited by nickate; 10-26-2017 at 05:53 PM.
Old 10-22-2017, 07:33 PM
b9k

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I believe in Illinois if you only have one non-continuous monitor incomplete you will pass. More than one will fail.
Old 10-22-2017, 07:38 PM

Received 89 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by b9k
I believe in Illinois if you only have one non-continuous monitor incomplete you will pass. More than one will fail.

Pre 95: not required.
96-00: 2 incomplete monitors will pass
01 on: 1 incomplete monitor will pass

Catalytic converter does not need to be ready unless you previously failed for it, otherwise it doesn’t matter what monitor is down as long as there are no codes pending or current in the ecu and you meet the above criteria.

I love Dekalb county, I don’t know what an emissions test station looks like
Old 10-23-2017, 10:48 AM

Both spot on.
What's a "cat"?

I did have my EVAP reading incomplete....I put a couple hundred miles on the car but it did not ready. I guess you have to drive the crap out of it...
Isn't it amazing what an imaginary line (county) can do for revenue? Gotta love Illinois and their creative money wasting. With the computer controls of the '09 and up vehicles emissions testing should be a non starter.
Old 10-26-2017, 05:55 PM

.... about 300 miles later and my EVAP is now ready. All systems fully functioning and the car traps 109mph on 93 octane. What a great tune.