Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   Tuning (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/tuning-131/)
-   -   Tuning MAF (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/tuning-131/tuning-maf-279267/)

firefighter404 05-22-2012 01:43 AM

Tuning MAF

Has anybody tuned with zzps 3inch MAF housing, if you have, have you ran into issues with code p1101. And did you have to recalibrate for the larger housing.

hhrfreek 05-22-2012 08:28 AM

You'll likely throw a lean code eventually too. You should tune the maf to the larger housing.

firefighter404 05-22-2012 11:05 AM

what should it be recalibrated to or what process do you have to do to calculate it

09CobaltSS1 05-22-2012 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by firefighter404 (Post 6502826)
what should it be recalibrated to or what process do you have to do to calculate it

There's no predetermined numbers to just plop into the maf table(s) in order to scale the maf correctly. The best way of scaling it is to first disable your ve tables, set your editor to relearn ltft's, set up your editor so the car is running purely on the maf and flash that on the ecm. Then in your scanner make a custom pid of LTFT+STFT (pid6+pid7 I believe it is), add it into your scanner table, make a histo graph to match that of your maf tables, and then basically copy the trimmed numbers and paste special "multiply by %" the numbers into the maf table(s) in the editor after a nice long datlogging session. You will most likely have to do this multiple times. Then comes the fun of dialing in your ve tables.. ;)

See where I'm going here? You may want to either pay someone who knows their way around hpt to do this for you or pull up a comfy chair and do some serious reading on the hpt forums. There's a lot of good stuff to learn on there so just read up a bit before you get too crazy.

There even more to it than this than what typed, but this is basically the cliff notes version of what needs to be done. I hope this helps you a bit, or at least gets you in the right direction.

firefighter404 05-22-2012 12:10 PM

it does help. Alot i have a tuner but i keep getting p1101 and i dont know why i heard that you have to recalibrate for the larger maf housing. i have replaced the maf three times the o2 sensors and everything possible. Im lost at this point i get fuel cut or spark blow out it seems as well with it only when p1101 comes on

firefighter404 05-22-2012 12:12 PM

Map sensor has been replaced as well p1101 is MAF out of self test range

09CobaltSS1 05-22-2012 02:34 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot you mentioned that.. lol..

here are the steps from GM's service site that are points to check when this code is set

• A restricted or collapsed air intake duct

• A misaligned or damaged air intake duct

• A dirty or deteriorating air filter element

• Any objects blocking the air inlet probe of the mass air flow (MAF)/intake air temperature (IAT) sensor

• Any contamination or debris on the sensing elements in the probe of the MAF/IAT sensor

• Any water intrusion in the induction system

• Any vacuum leak downstream of the MAF/IAT sensor

• An intake manifold leak

• A supercharger inlet pressure (SCIP) sensor seal that is missing or damaged

• A manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor seal that is missing or damaged

• A stuck supercharger bypass valve--Refer to Boost Control System Diagnosis.

• A skewed or stuck engine coolant temperature (ECT) or IAT sensor--Refer to Temperature Versus Resistance.

• Any type of restriction in the exhaust system--Refer to Restricted Exhaust.

also check to make sure your barometer is reading correctly as well in hpt

firefighter404 05-22-2012 03:29 PM

ok thanks. The car is highly modied and turbo'd I just dont know what else it could be. Its in a three foot staight.

firefighter404 05-22-2012 04:58 PM

http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/w...404/piping.png

here is the way my turbo is set up sorry im not artist in a truck on my work computer think this could be the problem maf sensor is where the arrow is

firefighter404 05-23-2012 05:55 PM

bump

05Slowline 05-23-2012 05:58 PM

what size is your piping, should be 2.5 then 3" for bout 15 inches or so where the maf is, or just 3" cold side completely. that's how mine is atleast with no problems.

firefighter404 05-23-2012 08:00 PM

same as yours but its prob a foot where the maf is

idk i getting weird shit maybe its leaking at the intake idk ill have to do a pressure check

05Slowline 05-23-2012 08:06 PM

yea, did you put rtv or anything around the maf? i had a nasty leak at mine at first, put some red rtv around it and is fine now

firefighter404 05-24-2012 11:38 AM

i found an intake leak

firefighter404 05-24-2012 11:43 AM

but ill do the rtv to the maf housing to

James Northcutt 05-04-2019 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by 05Slowline (Post 6505344)
yea, did you put rtv or anything around the maf? i had a nasty leak at mine at first, put some red rtv around it and is fine now

Did you put the rtv around the maf housing or gasket? How did you do it? Im worried about getting it on the sensor. I have had nothing but problems since I changed my maf, the car is now undrivable and stuck at work. When I bought it it had an open airbox with no filter and maf was unplugged. I decided to get cia until I can replace stock airbox, I ordered maf and left it unplugged until the maf arrived. I then changed the maf at work and it hasnt ran right since. Tried unplugging it again it still wouldn't run right. It has since rained so I know if its wet it could cause this but it didn't look wet, I tried unplugging battery for 15 mins and haven't found any leaks in intake and like I said it ran fine until I changed maf, i was told maf had to be AC Delco for these cars so i ordered one it will be here tomorrow but now I'm wondering if it's not leaking at housing? Would it cause horrible air fuel issues?