Turbo Tech Racing Turbo Tech Racing is a proud Supporting Vendor

Help please

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 09:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help please

Hey whats up guys, first off thanks again for the great deal on the vibrant exhaust.

I am having some problems with the Clamp u guys supplied that puts the exhaust together. It comes apart 1-2 times a month and is kinda aggrivating. I have cranked the nuts down all the way but for some reason it keeps coming undone. Is there something that can be done about it? maybe the clamp is too big or something or from the heat causing it expand and contract maybe?i wish it was just a flange to connect them it would be alot nicer.

i can provide some pictures if you need them showing all the black where the exhaust is leaking from that clamp as well if needed
Old 07-27-2010, 09:57 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First I have no idea what you are talking about other then exaust clamps and bolts. If ther is a bolt and nut make sure it's a locking nut and washer. If it is a t clamp or a clamp that uses a bolt with a spring to reinforce it the only thing you can do it tighten it up get some threadlocker and prey it don't come loose. Make sure the threadlocker gets to the threads that go into the nut or the other side of the bolt. I hope that made sense bro. Sorry about
Old 07-27-2010, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Chevycobaltss3
First I have no idea what you are talking about other then exaust clamps and bolts. If ther is a bolt and nut make sure it's a locking nut and washer. If it is a t clamp or a clamp that uses a bolt with a spring to reinforce it the only thing you can do it tighten it up get some threadlocker and prey it don't come loose. Make sure the threadlocker gets to the threads that go into the nut or the other side of the bolt. I hope that made sense bro. Sorry about
basically one of these
Old 07-27-2010, 10:12 PM

yea use a good bit of threadlock if you have to, get a second clamp, or even a third with a thin peice of metal. but put a peice of non flammable material between the two to make a barrier so it doesnt rattle.

if its one like that use a second nut on the back preferably a locking nut. and lots of threadlocker.

Last edited by Snap'sgotabalt; 07-27-2010 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-27-2010, 10:16 PM
Banned

Yepwroony op
Old 07-27-2010, 10:17 PM

i mean it seems like its tight, its not the nuts coming loose by anymeans its just shakes apart... what type of material should i use? ro they make a gasket for these maybe lol
Old 07-27-2010, 10:21 PM
Banned

Exaust rap or exaust foil go to auto parts store got to exaust section and you shall see it
Old 07-27-2010, 10:23 PM

yea if you cant find it look for asbestos, thats all exhaust wrap is at 1/4 the cost.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:52 PM

well im hoping ttr can provide me with something
Old 08-05-2010, 05:19 PM
Former Vendor

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by xnigelx
Hey whats up guys, first off thanks again for the great deal on the vibrant exhaust.

I am having some problems with the Clamp u guys supplied that puts the exhaust together. It comes apart 1-2 times a month and is kinda aggrivating. I have cranked the nuts down all the way but for some reason it keeps coming undone. Is there something that can be done about it? maybe the clamp is too big or something or from the heat causing it expand and contract maybe?i wish it was just a flange to connect them it would be alot nicer.

i can provide some pictures if you need them showing all the black where the exhaust is leaking from that clamp as well if needed
Just saw this thread, it is best to always PM or email us with concerns. We cannot always find post with concerns... (hence the delay)

Also just to clear this up, this part is supplied by vibrant. They ship us the package and we ship it to you... We dont build or manufacture any of it.

We believe we recieved an email today from you on this issue (and replied), please let us know via email if you have anything else.

This is the fisrt and only time we have heard about this, make sure you hanger brackets are not bent (on the frame and exhaust) as it will pull on the exhaust. Also a modified downpipe may cause a different length needed, and may also pull on the exhaust. There maybe many reasons why this is happening.