Wanted - What to buy - All categories Place request for items you would like to purchase.

SS cat-back exhaust needed (factory)

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 08:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SS cat-back exhaust needed (factory)

Hey everyone, I've been away for a long time, but I'm coming back hoping that someone here can help me. I have an '05 L61 2.2L. I had installed a factory SS cat-back exhaust, a header and a random technology downpipe (cat/intermediate pipe). I had installed a Flowmaster Super 40 in place of the factory SS muffler and kept the SS tip. I had a minor misfortune the other day while turning around in an unfamiliar place and drove off a large grass covered cement pad. The car got hung up and I could only reverse the car. I really messed up the pipework between the resonator and the axle. If anyone has a factory exhaust lying around that isn't too far from me, I'm needing it. Reply here or drop me an e-mail at CS21211@aol.com. Thanks to all for reading.

Scott
Old 09-16-2013, 08:49 AM

BTW, if there is a more appropriate or a better place to post this, please let me know or the moderators can move it. I had to choose between this and General Cobalt.

Thanks
Old 09-16-2013, 10:13 AM

Received 84 Likes on 69 Posts
I just listed one for sale. Im in FL.

However, on the 25th I am leaving to drive to Ohio, I will be going right through SC.
I can put it in my car and bring it but you would have to meet me near the freeway I was traving on.
i-95 to i-20 to i-77. SC would be late the night of the 25th.

$100 bucks for it.
see my add in the classified for pics.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:18 AM

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/part...te-oem-302487/
Old 09-16-2013, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by BlackSSstg2
I just listed one for sale. Im in FL.

However, on the 25th I am leaving to drive to Ohio, I will be going right through SC.
I can put it in my car and bring it but you would have to meet me near the freeway I was traving on.
i-95 to i-20 to i-77. SC would be late the night of the 25th.

$100 bucks for it.
see my add in the classified for pics.
I live in Florence, that's where I-95 and I-20 intersect! I'm having trouble seeing in what place(s) it was cut. I will be off that night and I could easily meet you at any time. I will confirm with you whether or not I will still need it then. I may be able to get one sooner, waiting for confirmation. If I can't this other one, I'll most likely have to wait for you to make that trip and I'll pay you in cash. If you could lay it all out as it was under the car and let me see where the cuts are made that would be helfpful. You can reply here or e-mail me. Thanks again and I'll keep you updated. The confirmation I'm waiting for is from a car in NC that is for sale, but when I inquired today, the guy's father had just passed away, so it will be a few days before I know anything.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by CobaltCoupeCrazy
I live in Florence, that's where I-95 and I-20 intersect! I'm having trouble seeing in what place(s) it was cut. I will be off that night and I could easily meet you at any time. I will confirm with you whether or not I will still need it then. I may be able to get one sooner, waiting for confirmation. If I can't this other one, I'll most likely have to wait for you to make that trip and I'll pay you in cash. If you could lay it all out as it was under the car and let me see where the cuts are made that would be helfpful. You can reply here or e-mail me. Thanks again and I'll keep you updated. The confirmation I'm waiting for is from a car in NC that is for sale, but when I inquired today, the guy's father had just passed away, so it will be a few days before I know anything.
It was cut in the section that is straight before it goes over the rear cross beam. I cut it right by the factory joint there so rewelding it would be nice and easy because there is a lot of space there. I can try and lay it out for you, but it is in storage not exactly close to me.

Here is a google image of a stock exhaust.
Its off an LNF but mine is cut once in the same spot as the first one in this pic.

Old 09-16-2013, 03:23 PM

I have an ss catback just took it off my car. It's also cut just before the axle. Perfect shape off a 2006 coupe SS/SC. I'm in canada and will ship it. U pay shipping
Old 09-17-2013, 11:33 AM

Hey guys,

I like that you both have the exhaust cut once in that section. Mine was damaged at the back of the resonator all the way to the axle; the pipe got wedged b/n the gas tank and the axle beam. I had to cut it all up to get it out. I will need to bolt on the replacement resonator and the muffler with the over the axle pipe and weld it back together; then I will cut the muffler off to weld my Super 40 on it as it was before. Having only one cut means I will only have to cut it once at the muffler just what I need.

The big factor here is time; I've been without my car b/c it's just too loud to drive with only the resonator in place. In the meantime, I've been riding the bike; thank goodness for great weather, but I need my car up and running. This guy in NC is close and if he doesn't intend to keep it to sell with his car, I could possibly get his sooner. If he holds on to his cat-back until he sells his car and still keeps it, that could be a while; I know I can pick up BlackSSstg2's exhasut in my own town on a day that I am off 9-25; I don't know how much shipping is from Canada or how long it would take me to get it. I only imagine that cost and time would put Malicious Intent's exhaust third on my list. I'm waiting to hear back from this guy in NC and I'll get back to you. I'm just glad to know I've finally found some cat-back's available.

Thanks guys!
Old 09-17-2013, 06:25 PM

I had a guy in this forums I think "blubaltss" or somsthjng. Send me a downpipe. It only took about 3-4 days
Old 09-20-2013, 03:43 PM

BlackSS, it looks like I'll be waiting for you to head up this way with your cat-back. I've been working and now I'm sick from riding the bike in the cool air. You can meet me at the I-95 and I-20 interchange and I'll bring you cash money.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:08 AM

Malicious, do you have any idea what shipping would be to 29505? Unfortunately I haven't heard back from CobaltSS and I was hoping to fix my car on Thursday. If I'm not able to get his exhaust tomorrow, I will consider having your's shipped.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:07 AM

I will text you today