Wanted - What to buy - All categories Place request for items you would like to purchase.

WTB Powell XXX Bar

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 02:39 PM

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
WTB Powell XXX Bar

looking for a Powell xxx 1.5" Rear sway bar, price shipped to 93560 (Residential) or 93501 (Commercial)
Old 03-07-2017, 09:04 PM

Received 168 Likes on 130 Posts
I'll tag you in a post of Facebook. Richie Aranda is selling one. I don't know is if it sold yet.
Old 03-15-2017, 11:27 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Careful with the XXX bar, had one on my old SS TC, and on high speed cornering situations (at the track), the back end is so stiff it feels like it wants to come around like a rear wheel drive will. Thats a scary feeling in a front wheel drive on a sweeping corner going 60 to 70 mph. Next owner (who is also the previous owner of that particular 'Balt) went down to the lowest powell bar available, and has greatly improved the handling on high speed cornering situations. Just offering a little word of caution, that XXX bar is nice, but can almost be too much in some driving situations.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:42 PM

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
I've run a very different setup on the car for years. and honestly i just wanna get my hands ona XXX to try. i wish i could find someone locally to let us test one before committing. Im not sold the race car needs it either, but no one local has one
Old 03-15-2017, 10:56 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The cobalt I'm referring to, the SS TC, was owned and is owned now by a former active member here, ScottHerbert. You can check out his posts, he was in close contact with Powell, and actually did track r&d on all the powell bars, running scca solocross. He's taken that baby to the scca nationals. Had the xxx on for a long time, even through my own ownership of the vehicle, and at times yeah it felt scary, you can feel that back end coming up and wanting to get out in front.

He's got that cobalt again now, Scott does, and he's tracking it again out in TN now. He's stepped down to I think the lowest powell bar now, and reporting much improved handling on the track. For a little background, he's got Koni's all around, not sure what springs right now but he varies, frame rails, twin subframe brace, autopower roll bar (basically the cage for the back half), so the car is very stiff to begin with.

Give it a shot if you can get your hands on one, for sure, you might love it in your setup or one of your various setups. I just offer my own words of caution on your first few hard fast corners given my own experience at speed with that bar. But then again it is fun to send it around when you aren't gonna hit anything!
Old 03-18-2017, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 212 Likes on 171 Posts
very good unit. had the xxx on my former car, and current owner is still running it. vast improvement.