War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

06 E85 ION Redline vs 09 GMS1 Cobalt SS/TC

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 12:39 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Really ralli all u do is either talk crap or say meaningless crap. My lsj was built meaning. weisco pistons. Eagle rods stock bearings, and heat treated main caps cometic head gasket . Ported head by me. Valve springs and valves.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:43 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Thats what he was asking
Old 12-17-2010, 12:47 AM
Banned

Understand but I'm not gonna say,all my internals I had so people can be happy to know I'm not a idot I can care less. So when some one says built and lists mods after take into consederation that it means internally built. Lol
Old 12-17-2010, 12:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Perfect.disguise
Running meth?

That plus heated seats, and cruise..
The things I miss.
Yup, I got cruise. I missed out on the heated seats. If I would have gotten an 07, i would have had heated seats. But I can still install them if I wanted.

But, the small luxuries are what made me choose my cobalt.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by Chevycobaltss3
Really ralli all u do is either talk crap or say meaningless crap. My lsj was built meaning. weisco pistons. Eagle rods stock bearings, and heat treated main caps cometic head gasket . Ported head by me. Valve springs and valves.
how was I talking crap or saying meaningless crap? I was just wondering what you meant by built? Especially since you said it was on a m62 and would keep up rather impressive with your s20g lnf. I was impressed and curious? I guess Curiosity killed the cat huh?

Sounds more to me like most people missinterpret what I post.

Add in that I'm trying to defend the reason we drive the cars we do, and then get slandered by someone that I was impressed with.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:00 AM
Banned

I like my balt but would rather have my 06 lsj just becuz I like the way it felt and I knew everything. My lnf I like as well. Its just not my first ss I guess.

Ill trade my tc for a built lsj.

I like my balt but would rather have my 06 lsj just becuz I like the way it felt and I knew everything. My lnf I like as well. Its just not my first ss I guess.

Ill trade my tc for a built lsj.

Last edited by Chevycobaltss3; 12-17-2010 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-17-2010, 01:02 AM

^fair enough.

I'd take a LNF to toy with as a DD and tune only.

But if I was going to try to make big power, I'd want an LSJ. Guess that's why I got an LSJ then huh?
Old 12-17-2010, 01:06 AM
Banned

Well ralli I apologize. I misunderstood ure comment and thought u Were trying to prove me wrong. Lol I am sorry and my lsj would keep up with my car till it would fully spools. Then bye bye lsj.

I'm wanting 430ish whp and samish for tq with my tune. I just have t figure my issues with the lnf.

Originally Posted by ralliartist
how was I talking crap or saying meaningless crap? I was just wondering what you meant by built? Especially since you said it was on a m62 and would keep up rather impressive with your s20g lnf. I was impressed and curious? I guess Curiosity killed the cat huh?

Sounds more to me like most people missinterpret what I post.

Add in that I'm trying to defend the reason we drive the cars we do, and then get slandered by someone that I was impressed with.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:08 AM
Banned

^^^yeah if someone even offered me a lsj and cash id take it. Then id build the lsj
Old 12-17-2010, 01:09 AM

no harm no foul. that little lsj did good to keep up with an upgraded turbo lnf when it did.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:14 AM
Banned

Yeah this car has been beat and a abused by the previous owner and I'm fixing everything lol. But I loved my sunburst lsj god I wish I had thay still lol.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:14 AM
Premium Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ralliartist
I ran my car on mid grade and I plastered a few modified LNFs. Your point is moot. It's more of just a sibling rivalry. To be honest, neither is better than the other. LNF cars came with a few more goodies than the LSJ equipped cars. But the aftermarket is bigger for the LSJ.

As much as you keep trying to put down cobalts you'd think you were a hater. I don't understand it. The comments you are making can be said to just about any type of car.

Let me show you..........

"Anyways, having the fastest mustang in the world is just like being the smartest retard in special ed class"

"Anyways, having the fastest civic in the world is just like being the smartest retard in special ed class"

"Anyways, having the fastest diesel truck in the world is just like being the smartest retard in special ed class"

"Anyways, having the fastest srt-4 in the world is just like being the smartest retard in special ed class"

"Anyways, having the fastest rsx in the world is just like being the smartest retard in special ed class"

See what I did there? Quit slamming on cobalts. I think mine is much nicer than other cars out there. In fact, I chose mine over a RSX-S, Civic SI, WRX, MS3, and SRT-4. I like the fact it has steering-wheel mounted controls, leather seats, sun roof, sub in the trunk, and is a great looking car.

I am not making fun of Cobalts, I am making fun of the owners who are always pitting one cobalt motor against the other. When at the end of the day, both owners are still driving cobalts. And the only comment I agree with you about is the SRT4 comment.... its still a neon.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:08 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Garret
sexy ion. it screams

Im in e85 withdrawl
Originally Posted by Perfect.disguise
Nice RL. I wish E85 was more "mainstream".
Thanks guys.

Originally Posted by drewbroo
I am not making fun of Cobalts, I am making fun of the owners who are always pitting one cobalt motor against the other. When at the end of the day, both owners are still driving cobalts. And the only comment I agree with you about is the SRT4 comment.... its still a neon.
I know I made the video to bring attention to the LSJ vs LNF. Now I wish I would not have because it always seems to cause an argument.

Either way the ECOTEC is a great engine and different variations give us stuff to talk about.

Old 12-18-2010, 04:05 PM

I am not sure if you people realize this... LSJ/LNF... you are still driving a Cobalt or a Saturn.... there is no win to this.
Or:

HHR SS
Solstice GXP
Sky Red Line
Opel GT
Saab 9-5

the Fisker Karma hybrid

or even race cars like the Ariel Atom and the Elfin T5

fail
Old 12-18-2010, 04:15 PM
Banned

Yeah its like he's saying he don't drive one lol fail fail fail. If he fees cobalts are junk then he needs to get out of here.
lol
Old 12-18-2010, 04:17 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by red06SC
Or:

HHR SS
Solstice GXP
Sky Red Line
Opel GT
Saab 9-5

the Fisker Karma hybrid

or even race cars like the Ariel Atom and the Elfin T5

fail
actually you fail at reading....

And the Saab 9-5 doesn't come with an LNF or LSJ motor. It comes with the same motor that will be in the regal... The LHU. (since I see you just cut a list of cars from a wikipedia table.)

Anyways, where you failed at comprehending what I was saying. Actually I am not going to waste my time explaining to you, because you have already proved yourself to be a keyboard trigger-happy moron. Next time read the whole thread before making ignorant comments.

Yeah its like he's saying he don't drive one lol fail fail fail. If he fees cobalts are junk then he needs to get out of here.
lol
Hey *******, you know I have a cobalt too right, see above posting.

i guess I do need to clarify for the morons of css.net (the 10% that try to read or right on here)

I was saying, Stop arguing on which motor is better. We all drive cobalts/ions. Both motors are good in their own right. (And yes I was saying also, no matter how much power you have, in the end of the day you are still driving a cobalt or Ion.)

Last edited by drewbroo; 12-18-2010 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-19-2010, 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by slowbalt84
yeah that cute little GT28? lol thats not worth my time
I have a gt28, i seem to like it
Old 12-19-2010, 04:15 AM

I think what we are trying to say is that just because we drive a cobalt should have nothing to do with the end of the day. lol
Old 12-19-2010, 10:07 AM
Banned

Hey drewbroo girly guy. . I'm a moron. Ha ha far from far from. I never said u didn't own a balt, I said you talk like u don't own one. So quit showing ure ignorance. And pleAse just be quiet. If I seen ure post and I didn't.know how to tune I would def not go to u to tune or get anything from u seeing that u basically think cobalts are ****. This is. Cobalt site not gayasscobaltss.net it cobaltss.net so shush please. Who the hell cares, people love my balt, and the way it drives. So maybe u just drive the slowest one, or u are tired of getting beat by a d15b5 civic with no mods. Its all unknown. I loved both
y balts.
Old 12-19-2010, 12:55 PM
Premium Member

Hey drewbroo girly guy. . I'm a moron. Ha ha far from far from. I never said u didn't own a balt, I said you talk like u don't own one. So quit showing ure ignorance. And pleAse just be quiet. If I seen ure post and I didn't.know how to tune I would def not go to u to tune or get anything from u seeing that u basically think cobalts are ****. This is. Cobalt site not gayasscobaltss.net it cobaltss.net so shush please. Who the hell cares, people love my balt, and the way it drives. So maybe u just drive the slowest one, or u are tired of getting beat by a d15b5 civic with no mods. Its all unknown. I loved both
y balts.
Thanks for proving my point that you are a moron. Check out my other threads.... How about my sticky, how about my tune reviews, then maybe check my 1/4 mile and trap speed. Anyways, learn to punctuate and double space dumb-ass. PS: And I don't make tunes, I just distribute them, so I could care less what you do for me. I have no problems with my customers because they know I love my cobalt. (But yeah, its a Cobalt.)
Old 12-19-2010, 02:48 PM
Banned

Then shut ure mouth and I proved my point. I can care less about ure trap speed I don't care if u like guys. so calm down and quit talking saying (oh its just a cobalt) this is a cobalt site numtard. About punctuation, I'm using my phone so I don't do a grammar check and nor do I care if u get upset because there is not a period somwhere when there should. another thing, ure trap speed and time is slow. Ha ha ha ha ha ha. Calm down it was a joke. Now look I don't want to be banned so this is me saying (quit acting like a kid) and calm down.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:12 PM
Premium Member

Then shut ure mouth and I proved my point. I can care less about ure trap speed I don't care if u like guys. so calm down and quit talking saying (oh its just a cobalt) this is a cobalt site numtard. About punctuation, I'm using my phone so I don't do a grammar check and nor do I care if u get upset because there is not a period somwhere when there should. another thing, ure trap speed and time is slow. Ha ha ha ha ha ha. Calm down it was a joke. Now look I don't want to be banned so this is me saying (quit acting like a kid) and calm down.
Just proving my point that you fail at reading. I never have posted a thread about my time or trap. (But I can guarantee that I am faster than you, and most of the Non Big turbo LNF's here.) If you knew me, you would know I am not angry at all, I am just talking ****. I will be throwing some time slips and dynosheets up in a couple of weeks after my next track visit.

And here is proof that my car is not slow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSHvR...tailpage#t=58s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...iygf1A64#t=61s

Oh yeah, and the 1st vid is me against an E85 SS/SC
Old 12-19-2010, 03:18 PM
Banned

looks pretty slow
Old 12-19-2010, 03:32 PM
Premium Member

so does your Saab and Ion.... my timeslips say different. I also am running a differnt setup since that track vid, and that one was when I was on 91 oct. I am running the mix now. (And have a s3 clutch and ZZP trans mounts.)

Anyways, if I look slow, what does that say for the SRT4 and the E85 LSJ I raced? And both times I had a shitty launch, and both times they got me in the 60 ft, then I pull busses by the 8th mile mark.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:39 PM

so does your Saab and Ion.... my timeslips say different. I also am running a differnt setup since that track vid, and that one was when I was on 91 oct. I am running the mix now. (And have a s3 clutch and ZZP trans mounts.)

Anyways, if I look slow, what does that say for the SRT4 and the E85 LSJ I raced? And both times I had a shitty launch, and both times they got me in the 60 ft, then I pull busses by the 8th mile mark.
Ah, the E85 Cobalt was still in the picture when you crossed the line and the SRT-4 driver looks like he mis-shifted. No busses pulled.

Quick Reply: 06 E85 ION Redline vs 09 GMS1 Cobalt SS/TC