War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

06 ss/sc all day vs. 05/06 grand prix gtp

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 12:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 ss/sc all day vs. 05/06 grand prix gtp

i know in 05 it was a gtp and in 06 they put gt badges but still s/c... anywho. short and sweet. 35 roll i walked away, 45 roll he left early i left we both slowed down to ??? mph he honked 3x i just waited until i heard his s/c whine to hit the gas, i heard the whine... i walked away. i think he has a K&N drop in or cai. not too sure. however some people i know knows the guy with the gtp. and this sunday at our meet we are gonna do a run from a dig and w.e. roll he wants. just to set it straight and as long as my friend nitroracing in the philly thread comes it will be recorded. i'll even ride with the extra passenger... just how confident i am. oh my mods are plugs, 3.1 pulley, and drop in K&N the dyno will come soon. couldnt do it this paycheck because of the damn cell phone/insurence,and girlfriend bill lol
Old 01-30-2009, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vids or ban
Old 01-30-2009, 12:15 PM

oh for the record i do not ever go into boost unless i'm racing which is usually 4x a week on a sunday. and i was running rich before the pulley was put on. so the smaller pulley is actually compinsating or however you spell that. for me running rich. and its on cyl. 1 and 3 is super rich and 2&4 are kinda rich. lean isnt in my vocabulary.

Originally Posted by EceSSiveMod
vids or ban
rephrase what you said

Last edited by 06SS ALL DAY; 01-30-2009 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-30-2009, 12:18 PM
Banned

will get you
Old 01-30-2009, 12:30 PM

i've got plenty of good Karma... not too worried. also, he called my friend Ish aka cobaltredtint (in philly thread) he said he just raced a ss/tc and got walked... than ish told him dood that was my friend tim in a ss/sc and its a stage 1˝... he will get me at a launch i know that 100% he will get off the line quicker because i'll just spin coming off and i do half throttle 1st gear just to avoid wheel hop, tire spin, and if i'm at wot in first going into second. my clutch will slip 2nd and the race will be over 110%. thats why when i get my dyno i'm going to request like 50% boost reduction in first or 40% boost reduction. i will use my search button before the dyno to figure that out
Old 01-30-2009, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by 06SS ALL DAY
oh for the record i do not ever go into boost unless i'm racing which is usually 4x a week on a sunday. and i was running rich before the pulley was put on. so the smaller pulley is actually compinsating or however you spell that. for me running rich. and its on cyl. 1 and 3 is super rich and 2&4 are kinda rich. lean isnt in my vocabulary.

rephrase what you said
How in the hell do you know you are lean/rich on certain cylinders without a wideband or even at the very least pyrometer gauge in each exhaust primary?!
Old 01-30-2009, 09:42 PM

In 2005 the Grand Prix GTP's had the 3.8L engine with a S/C, in 2006 they switched to the GXP name and they had 5.3L v8's in them pushing 303hp.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by raptors_67
How in the hell do you know you are lean/rich on certain cylinders without a wideband or even at the very least pyrometer gauge in each exhaust primary?!
for noobs i guess... ever change a spark plug... damn why does this one smell like unburnt fuel and the other doesnt as much... hmmm why is this plug all burnt up and the other covered in fuel residue... (not saying that was my case just an example)

Originally Posted by FutureEcotecOwner
In 2005 the Grand Prix GTP's had the 3.8L engine with a S/C, in 2006 they switched to the GXP name and they had 5.3L v8's in them pushing 303hp.
is that the same motor in the new monte's? my friend nick has a V8 monte BEAUTIFUL car might i add. and i walk all over him. he can get me on launches but i reel him in after about half way through second. all ss/sc owners know about the 1st gear... there is 2 ways to avoid wheels spin in first gear ˝ or 3/4 throttle orrr slipping the clutch and i do the half throttle thing. i try to avoid slipping the clutch at all cost

Last edited by 06SS ALL DAY; 02-02-2009 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-02-2009, 09:26 AM

that motor is the ls4, it is in the monte ss , grand prix gxp and impala ss....hence if you looking for that ls4 tb you know where to get it..i made 200 by betting on the game last night lollllllllllll
Old 02-02-2009, 10:38 AM

nice ish def... i pulled up to the meet yesterday and chumpn aka 05/06 grand prix gtp was like hurry and part your slobalt so we can hear all the **** you talked on the forums lol i was like ******* Ish haha its all good. me and him bullshitted and this thursday he is bringing it because he was filming last night i think he said he just put on a exhaust on the gtp over this weekend. so that should free some ponies. i wanna run that white gtp from a roll so bad. Ish since you got those new tires i i think you should race him from a dig again
Old 02-03-2009, 12:43 AM

Wrong

i know in 05 it was a gtp and in 06 they put gt badges but still s/c... anywho. short and sweet. 35 roll i walked away, 45 roll he left early i left we both slowed down to ??? mph he honked 3x i just waited until i heard his s/c whine to hit the gas, i heard the whine... i walked away. i think he has a K&N drop in or cai. not too sure. however some people i know knows the guy with the gtp. and this sunday at our meet we are gonna do a run from a dig and w.e. roll he wants. just to set it straight and as long as my friend nitroracing in the philly thread comes it will be recorded. i'll even ride with the extra passenger... just how confident i am. oh my mods are plugs, 3.1 pulley, and drop in K&N the dyno will come soon. couldnt do it this paycheck because of the damn cell phone/insurence,and girlfriend bill lol
The supercharged model has always been the GTP, never a GT... The The supercharged model got dropped for the Truck powered 303 hp V8 engine in 2007, same as the implala SS in 2006... Pontiac kept the GTP name till the V-8 then called it the GXP...
Old 02-03-2009, 12:44 AM

Wrong

The supercharged model has always been the GTP, never a GT... The The supercharged model got dropped for the Truck powered 303 hp V8 engine in 2007, same as the implala SS in 2006... Pontiac kept the GTP name till the V-8 then called it the GXP...
Old 02-03-2009, 01:07 AM

for noobs i guess... ever change a spark plug... damn why does this one smell like unburnt fuel and the other doesnt as much... hmmm why is this plug all burnt up and the other covered in fuel residue... (not saying that was my case just an example)

is that the same motor in the new monte's? my friend nick has a V8 monte BEAUTIFUL car might i add. and i walk all over him. he can get me on launches but i reel him in after about half way through second. all ss/sc owners know about the 1st gear... there is 2 ways to avoid wheels spin in first gear ˝ or 3/4 throttle orrr slipping the clutch and i do the half throttle thing. i try to avoid slipping the clutch at all cost
HAHAHHA, yep for noobs.... **** that's funny, i'll have to go sniff my spark plugs now.. HAHAHA