War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

1979 Camaro vs SS/TC

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 08:03 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
1979 Camaro vs SS/TC

i was heading back from town after shopping and noticed a camaro pull onto the highway... now i'm not a big fan of the late 70's early 80's camaros but this was done tastefully... big tires on the back... traction bars... a nice scoop on the hood and it sounded alright. I drove past him in the fast lane and gave the car a lookover... gave the driver a thumbs up... he was an older fella probably in his mid 50's... he nodded... i continued on and merged into the slow lane. a while down the road i could see the camaro had passed a few people and was slowly making it's way up to me. i kept one eye on the road and one eye on the rear view... i didn't think the guy had it in him but he tromped on it and came around me in the fast lane... so i downshifted to third and waited to see him blow by me but it never happened... but he was at my fender until about 160km/h then i started to pull on him pretty good... by about 180km/h he had let off and merged back behind me. i would say that the car wasn't geared well enough to do a race on the highway given the big meats on the back and the traction bars..but it should have been able to hit 120mp/h pretty quickly... and it suprised me that he even tried to pass me and show off since most guys his age just snicker at the younger guys in their ecenomy cars. needless to say i was happy.

I also had some old guy following me on a twisty narrow backroad in a newer audi A4 2.0T and he was riding my bumper. I was doing 10km/h over the suggested speed limit so i don't know what he was up to but when he tried to pass me i left him in my dust... and almost right away he turned off the road... so his attempt to pass so close to his destination was either... A) to show off his expensive european car or B) to be a ***** because i wasn't speeding fast enough for him either way he turned with his tail between his legs. not a great kill because his car is heavier and slightly less HP but still nice to put douchebag drivers in their place and make them realize you don't have to spend $50k to have a fast car.

Last edited by Cobalt_Daddy; 10-13-2009 at 08:47 AM.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cobalt_Daddy
i was heading back from town after shopping and noticed a camaro pull onto the highway... now i'm not a big fan of the late 70's early 80's camaros but this was done tastefully... big tires on the back... traction bars... a nice scoop on the hood and it sounded alright. I drove past him in the fast lane and gave the car a lookover... gave the driver a thumbs up... he was an older fella probably in his mid 50's... he nodded... i continued on and merged into the slow lane. a while down the road i could see the camaro had passed a few people and was slowly making it's way up to me. i kept one eye on the road and one eye on the rear view... i didn't think the guy had it in him but he tromped on it and came around me in the fast lane... so i downshifted to third and waited to see him blow by me but it never happened... but he was at my fender until about 160 then i started to pull on him pretty good... by about 180 he had let off and merged back behind me. i would say that the car wasn't geared well enough to do a race on the highway given the big meats on the back and the traction bars..but it should have been able to hit 120mp/h pretty quickly... and it suprised me that he even tried to pass me and show off since most guys his age just snicker at the younger guys in their ecenomy cars. needless to say i was happy.
are you serious??? 180... I hope your suggesting that you went 180kph because there is no way either of you where at 180mph much less 160mph
Old 10-13-2009, 08:41 AM

lol
Old 10-13-2009, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by One-Bullet-Banta
are you serious??? 180... I hope your suggesting that you went 180kph because there is no way either of you where at 180mph much less 160mph
i'm canadian dude lol .. that better?
Old 10-13-2009, 08:51 AM

sounds good, the 120mp/h comment at the end threw me off a little lol
Old 10-13-2009, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by One-Bullet-Banta
notice how he put km/h after all the speed references?
Old 10-13-2009, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by pnshmntMMA
ya makes it easier for those people that don't realize that most cobalts don't do 160mp/h nevermind 180 lol i only used the mp/h reference since most muscle car owners don't rate their speed in km/h when it comes to top end and alot of the old muscle cars i've seen don't even have km/h on the speedo due to the fact that alot of the surviving cars are from the states..
Old 10-13-2009, 11:59 PM

nice work man! I'm sure if you want to play some more, you could pick more than enough fights at the timmies there in windsor! LOL drove through a couple friday nights this summer! interesting scene there!
Old 10-14-2009, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Gyrocon
nice work man! I'm sure if you want to play some more, you could pick more than enough fights at the timmies there in windsor! LOL drove through a couple friday nights this summer! interesting scene there!
haha ya there is quite a few cars there.. some kid in a green honda civic hatch wanted to race me .... passed me on the offramp redlining it ... then i saw him in town and asked him about his car he claims 170hp... then said ya man i was pulling on ya.. then i had to break the news to him that my car wasn't broken in yet and i wasn't really trying lol but i would like to race the copper colored nsrt4
Old 10-20-2009, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by pnshmntMMA
notice how it says he edited it after the fact...