War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

2.7 60's vs TT 335i 40 roll

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 12:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2.7 60's vs TT 335i 40 roll

well sad day for the cobalt my buddy in his 2007 335i 6spd paddle shift took me by a fender... my mods are in sig...

well heres the deal he catches me dialing in no lift shift and can hear me from his house (we live in the same track) and he's like is that??? he drives a fully built evo 9 with cams and custom tune with full bolt ons and all the turbo goodies... he completly raped me in that car by the way... still to this day the fastest evo i've ever seen...

so he comes out in his wifes 335i twin turbo claiming its bone stock... well in my ignorance im thinking "yes something i can finally beat of his" well not knowing there stats i agree to a 40 roll with him honking it off, i jump a half a car as i see he didnt brake boost... i've got him covered all the way through second slowly if at all inching away then its time for me to shift... hes still got a little gear left...(auto) i slam it in third lighting up the street with a back fire from the no lift shift box, he gains back the 1/2 of the 1/2 car ive got him by and by this time his twin turbo is really starting to shine... now he's the 1 inching away from me till im hitting 5500rpm and above in which he stops pulling were even again with me still ahead by a fender or less i slam it in 4th a tad early at like 7000rpm were i usually shift at 7200 but im to busy staring at his car with my mouth wide open thinking so he pulls a bumper on me and im like **** this im not shutting down we continue to 140+ were he has now put a full car on me and hits the brakes...

well all in all of coarse we pull over and chit chat and he's shocked saying he's raced plenty of quick cars in it and i was by far the best race... he said he did not brake boost and was paddle shifting at redline which is 7000 i belive... he refused to go from a dig claiming he's slow out the hole and has to get his wife something from the store and heads off...

so then i get home a few minutes ago and check the stats on this beast 300hp 300trq "claimed" but yet there making that to the wheels on youtube... 13.3 @ 108 quarter mile and 0-60 in 5.5 now the fastest i've ran is a 13.2 on drag radials with a trap of 110 so im not to sure what happened and why he won but he did... by the way my car was kinda heat soaked from doing runs previously so im sure i was not running a 13.2 when i lost but damn was i suprised and still dont know if he had a piggy back that he was telling me about a few months prior when i ran his evo... after he beat me in the evo i showed up at his house with my 74' 383 SBC 475hp firebird and did a burn-out in front of his house... and he refused to race saying he didnt have a chance although i agreed to a dig and his evo was a 11 sec car and my firebird is good for low 11's...

so all in all this guy is up by two on me but im not bitter beacause both cars were x2 what i paid for mine... but man would i loved to beat him...

discuss........

Last edited by hungryhip-ccp; 08-11-2008 at 01:17 AM.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:29 AM

time for a retune
Old 08-11-2008, 12:31 AM

yea retune lol, because ive never lost to one, but then again im prolly a decent amount faster then u, i beat one on 15 lbs. and race gas, stil lstock exhaust thoe. u didnt spray did u??
Old 08-11-2008, 12:35 AM

ehh, i mean those are fast right? it's got some impressive specs and hes a decent driver! should i have had him hands down?

a raced a new civic si the other night 2 deep and he was alone on the freeway from a 40 and i completly raped him by 7-8 cars by 110-120 so i was just thinking this bmw is pretty freakin quick what do you think...

NO SPRAY i would of got him good on the spray...
Old 08-11-2008, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by 04redline0124
yea retune lol, because ive never lost to one, but then again im prolly a decent amount faster then u, i beat one on 15 lbs. and race gas, stil lstock exhaust thoe. u didnt spray did u??
no he didnt....and it was a joke about his tune..i tuned him..theres no where else for him to go on his tune

Originally Posted by hungryhip-ccp
ehh, i mean those are fast right? it's got some impressive specs and hes a decent driver! should i have had him hands down?

a raced a new civic si the other night 2 deep and he was alone on the freeway from a 40 and i completly raped him by 7-8 cars by 110-120 so i was just thinking this bmw is pretty freakin quick what do you think...

yea dude they are a high compression small twin turbo'd car..its got 1 turbo per 3 cylinders...they cheat

Last edited by Raven SS; 08-11-2008 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-11-2008, 12:40 AM

ok that makes sense man lol good run then, they are fast cars and get underated...go spray on an new ISF
Old 08-11-2008, 12:45 AM

umm there's a good chance he had a piggy back tune he's been going on and on about... he wouldent race before but then all of a sudden came out hunting me like i was small game, which would give him 380whp but then in that case he shoulda won by 2-3 cars but didnt...

should i tell him i wanna go again? and put the nos back in? it's currently out of the car... then make a fool out of him? he knows nothing about the bottle lol

so they are quick huh... thats good to know at least...

Last edited by hungryhip-ccp; 08-11-2008 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-11-2008, 12:52 AM

umm there's a good chance he had a piggy back tune he's been going on and on about... he wouldent race before but then all of a sudden came out hunting me like i was small game, which would give him 380whp but then in that case he shoulda won by 2-3 cars but didnt...

should i tell him i wanna go again? and put the nos back in? it's currently out of the car... then make a fool out of him? he knows nothing about the bottle lol

so they are quick huh... thats good to know at least...
in a word, YEAH!!!!!

Old 08-11-2008, 12:56 AM

i dont wanna blow my car up! he'll really get the last laugh then... i have his # im thinking about going again later tonight and letting my car cool down... it was so close it makes me sick to lose by a fender... if only i woulda paid closer attention at the end of third... and deff get a video this time...
Old 08-11-2008, 02:05 AM

good run man, i would, it would help me sleep for the rest of the night
Old 08-11-2008, 02:10 AM

yea not stock, or your car was running like ass.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:15 AM
Banned

that sucks 2 of my friends own 335i and the other one is a white 335xi 2door special ordered.

i take both of them out with just gm stage 2, intake, and 2.8

i can probably get them to do it again if you want to see it camera wise. it's a slow pull. not a supper kill but slowly pull on them
Old 08-11-2008, 02:16 AM

no i made the mistake of agreeing to a roll that is were his car shines... mine too, but i mean come on stu check out the stock youtube videos or the specs on that thing... i did well but he got me... + he may have a tune unleashing those twin turbo's

like i said in the post's he wouldent race me before about 3mon ago all he would talk about is a piggyback with custom tune... then all of a sudden he comes hunting for me and is excited to run me...

he's a older cat thats into really fast cars... im starting to think more and more he had some kinda tunning...
Old 08-11-2008, 02:19 AM
Banned

no i made the mistake of agreeing to a roll that is were his car shines... mine too, but i mean come on stu check out the stock youtube videos or the specs on that thing... i did well but he got me... + he may have a tune unleashing those twin turbo's

like i said in the post's he wouldent race me before about 3mon ago all he would talk about is a piggyback with custom tune... then all of a sudden he comes hunting for me and is excited to run me...

he's a older cat thats into really fast cars... im starting to think more and more he had some kinda tunning...
if the car is really truly all stock you should have him from a 40mph roll if your running just gm stg2, 2.8, filter you should be half car to a car on him easily top end.

this black kid i know has a 2door 335i black with red interior and a 0-60 decal on his windshield in white and he is getting a tune but it's not out yet. i believe he said it's like 450 or something unless i am wrong and it is more like $800 for it. he said it makes so much power off the tune.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by CBodnar
if the car is really truly all stock you should have him from a 40mph roll if your running just gm stg2, 2.8, filter you should be half car to a car on him easily top end.

this black kid i know has a 2door 335i black with red interior and a 0-60 decal on his windshield in white and he is getting a tune but it's not out yet. i believe he said it's like 450 or something unless i am wrong and it is more like $800 for it. he said it makes so much power off the tune.
i know alot about those cars. Stock boost is 8 psi, and differenct chips give them different tunes. LEt mek now what chip he has if he does, cuz then ill tell u the boost and ****.

such as: hotpill tune on a JB chip (sp?), and then thye have some other canned tunes

on 15 psi and race gas it makes low 400's
Old 08-11-2008, 02:27 AM

i say he was tuned. Run him again
Old 08-11-2008, 02:52 AM

oh yeah i mean with a tune i can see it. but stock it shouldnt be a race from a roll. IMO
Old 08-11-2008, 03:01 AM
Banned

its bmw,they are known to good gear ratio's and highway power

Originally Posted by {TEAM ADRENALINE}
i say he was tuned. Run him again
tunes on bmws with boost=alot of power..doubt he has a tune

Last edited by Super_SS; 08-11-2008 at 03:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-11-2008, 03:05 AM

nice run, they are quick cars for sure.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:19 AM

i'll find out if he was tunned since he beat me he probably wont have a problem telling me now... 2-3 mon ago thats all he could talk about was some kinda piggy back tunning (not a chip) he's into custom tunes dude knows what he's doing! i mean he's got a 11 sec evo and his wife drives a low 13 sec car out of the box... both are very nice cars... i know he runs the evo on race gas regularly and the bmw smelled funny but not like leaded fuel maybe street blaze 100??? im not sure but 3 mon ago he wouldent run me for nothing...so that kinda dosent make sense why he went out to find whatever was hauling ass around the backstreet by my house looking for a race... i think i was officialy set-up but i will find out more...and go again from a dig with my DR's on... with a video, i was caught off gaurd this time and was heatsoked from sitting and idling while talking before we ran... dont get me wrong im not trying to make excuses he won by all means but it took him till past 100mph to pull on me and his car wasent faster he only pulled like a foot at a time everytime i shifted he's a 6spd auto which online says they are considerably faster from 0-100 than the stick version
Old 08-11-2008, 03:31 AM

335's run 13.6 at 104 in the quarter, the new 135 same motor but with 150 less lbs is a 13.3 @ 106 car. A simple tune, intake and downt pipe on those Bimmers for about ($2000) and they go from 300\300 at the crank stock to about 415\425 crank. You can't do that with any GM car unless it's NOS, but NOS is for the kids, boost is for real men. A CAI, and high octane gas in one 2008 SS\TC would run this 335 even. I've seen the new Evo, STI and SS\TC ran side by side. and the new SS\TC will have more speed (mph) through the quarter than the Evo or Sti but get there a half a sec slower. The new SS\TC runs 0-130 2 sec faster than the new Evo GSR and Sti . that all wheel drive is all theyu're good for and upto about 95 mph, after that, stock SS\TC pulls away.

You got your facts wrong too, the stick is always faster especially in BMW's unless the person does not know how to drive. Check the stats again. better yet, goto BMW's own web site. The automaitc is a quarter of a second slower to 60 and to 100 it's almost 3\4 of a sec slower than it's manual tranny counterpart.

Last edited by SportredSS; 08-11-2008 at 03:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-11-2008, 04:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SportredSS
335's run 13.6 at 104 in the quarter, the new 135 same motor but with 150 less lbs is a 13.3 @ 106 car. A simple tune, intake and downt pipe on those Bimmers for about ($2000) and they go from 300\300 at the crank stock to about 415\425 crank. You can't do that with any GM car unless it's NOS, but NOS is for the kids, boost is for real men. A CAI, and high octane gas in one 2008 SS\TC would run this 335 even. I've seen the new Evo, STI and SS\TC ran side by side. and the new SS\TC will have more speed (mph) through the quarter than the Evo or Sti but get there a half a sec slower. The new SS\TC runs 0-130 2 sec faster than the new Evo GSR and Sti . that all wheel drive is all theyu're good for and upto about 95 mph, after that, stock SS\TC pulls away.

You got your facts wrong too, the stick is always faster especially in BMW's unless the person does not know how to drive. Check the stats again. better yet, goto BMW's own web site. The automaitc is a quarter of a second slower to 60 and to 100 it's almost 3\4 of a sec slower than it's manual tranny counterpart.
1. your an idiot.

2. i saw what you posted in streetdreamz thread. he is running a 150 shot retart. and a bmw 335i doesn't run 13.6 in the quarter mile i have 2 friends with one and also a girl who had one that her parents bought for her and it runs faster than that.

3. you say NOS? is for kiddies. the thread started has nitrous and it's not called NOS! NITROUS OXIDE moron. also i have boost + the juice.

4. again the thread started knows what the **** he is talking about. your the idiot just looking up car facts on the web trying to make sense of something that doesn't make sense.
Old 08-11-2008, 04:53 AM
Banned

run his evo from a 40 roll
then spray
hahaha
Old 08-11-2008, 05:04 AM

prolly the auto stick tranny.. no boost loss and .010 millisecond shift's.. make's it FASTER than the 6 speed.. there is no arguement's on this.. unless you people think you can out shift an automatic while keeping boost... either way man that's SICK.. IDK if the one i was toying around with on the freeway was really giving it 100% but i do know the 4 MODDED audi's/vw's i was playing with/beating to 140+ were and they ALL got smoked.. the bmw got pulled on two.. from 60 in third. wish he woulda pulled over..
Old 08-11-2008, 05:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by thedubsack85
prolly the auto stick tranny.. no boost loss and .010 millisecond shift's.. make's it FASTER than the 6 speed.. there is no arguement's on this.. unless you people think you can out shift an automatic while keeping boost... either way man that's SICK.. IDK if the one i was toying around with on the freeway was really giving it 100% but i do know the 4 MODDED audi's/vw's i was playing with/beating to 140+ were and they ALL got smoked.. the bmw got pulled on two.. from 60 in third. wish he woulda pulled over..
when i shift i never let my foot off the gas and just power shift. i have confidence that i shift faster than the bmw. keep in mind though i've driven this girls white one 335xi 2door. she used to have a 2005 audi s4 before the bmw. i've known her my whole life and the car is so fast from a stop but from rolls it isn't as impressive.

Quick Reply: 2.7 60's vs TT 335i 40 roll