War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

3Kills - Eatin' Good in the Neighborhood

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 08:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3Kills - Eatin' Good in the Neighborhood

Like previous posts of mine since my Stage2, I've been anxious to give my upgrade a test and the pickings have been getting better around town. Most of the races that would give me good pride won't race because they are old farts in their expensive cars. But, anyway, I've been able to go against three turbo'd cars since my last posts [in war stories].

[1990 or ealier] Saab Turbo
Obviously, not a very impressive car, but a win none the less against someone who thinks if they have a turbo, they're car is fast. Honked it off and then took the hell off...lol. By the time my rear bumper was at his front bumper I finally heard him spooling up -- probably the worst driver ever . Either way, as far ahead as I was I'm about 106% sure I would have won anyway.

[1990 or earlier] Eagle Talon
Probably the weakest spooling I've ever heard, he must not have been boosting that much. Through my rearview I could see that he obviously knew the Saab, they talked, and then he rolled up next to me... hmm... what could he want Another guy who thinks turbo=fasterthanyou. I tapped the pedal a few times to jerk the car forward and taunt. He punched it and this time I waited till I heard the car spool up, then I punched it and walked away.

[1990 or earlier] Eclipse
Boosted much higher than the Talon. Pulled along side me and paced, I sped up a little and he punched it, so I did too. I walked pretty easy, but he put up a much better fight than the other two.

Oh, and on a side note, there's this really annoying Blue LS that drives around with the hubs off and thinks he can take the SS... last night I proved him wrong

So, as you can see, slim pickins this time of year, but it was a lesson in "Just because the only FI the world knows of is Turbo doesn't mean it's the only one out there and it certainly doesn't equal an automatically undisputed victory for you" <--how's that for a title? I'm thinking of making it a book...lol.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:41 AM

^ sounds just like my area. Sure you had some fun.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get ready to get flamed for a street race. Correction-4 street races but good kills either way and it is very true that people think just cause they have a turbo that they are unstoppable. Half of the people here dont even no what a s/c sounds like so i guess when it wines, they think i have a electric car.
But watch out, some of those cars you raced aren't always slow.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:37 AM

Received 71 Likes on 55 Posts
Oh man I need to de-badge my car,or at least take the Supercharged badges off of it. People won't know WTF hit them. Awesome kills man, way to prove them that "turbo" isn't all that it's thought out to be (for the most part).
Old 02-01-2008, 06:29 PM

just because you have a turbo car doesnt mean you know how to rock it...same for any other car that may be decently fast or have decent power or even if its made fast....
Old 02-01-2008, 06:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by chris88z24
Oh man I need to de-badge my car,or at least take the Supercharged badges off of it. People won't know WTF hit them. Awesome kills man, way to prove them that "turbo" isn't all that it's thought out to be (for the most part).
if all you have is a airbox mod, i dont think they will be worried about being hit.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by roadrage06

Oh, and on a side note, there's this really annoying Blue LS that drives around with the hubs off and thinks he can take the SS... last night I proved him wrong
i ran a teal LS with window tint that either thought the same thing, or wanted to see how bad his loss would be.. the first couple times i gave it to him half throttle, then i mashed it on open road and dusted him by probably 13+ cars from 60-117(end of third)
but i had 2.9, 42s, sick ass dyno tune from TTP, intake, full exhaust and ported blower (plus i had half a tank of 109 from ATCO ). it sounded like he might have had an intake or aftermarket filter.
he gave me a "sweet/ good job" honk and we went our seperate ways. (at least that how i took it )
Old 02-01-2008, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by chris88z24
I'm by no means a veteran, i've only had my balt a year and a half, but take it from me... the more you talk to ppl about it the more you'll realize they don't know the difference anyway. Mine is completely debaged, but I have the airplane wing. Ppl that haven't seen my car ask what i have... I say a cobalt SS Supercharged and they say... oh... a cobalt... those things are slow. It's like they didn't even hear the SS Supercharged part. You could spell it out for them and they won't get the difference. Just comes with the territory. It's kinda nice though, it makes the 'sleeper' approach much easier...lol.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by roadrage06
I'm by no means a veteran, i've only had my balt a year and a half, but take it from me... the more you talk to ppl about it the more you'll realize they don't know the difference anyway. Mine is completely debaged, but I have the airplane wing. Ppl that haven't seen my car ask what i have... I say a cobalt SS Supercharged and they say... oh... a cobalt... those things are slow. It's like they didn't even hear the SS Supercharged part. You could spell it out for them and they won't get the difference. Just comes with the territory. It's kinda nice though, it makes the 'sleeper' approach much easier...lol.
x2 ....it doesnt mean anything to them because they dont really know the difference....thats what makes them losers...
Old 02-01-2008, 07:41 PM

lol... yeah... i'll just keep suprising them... hopefully i won't run into one of those freak sleepers... that would be embarrassing.