War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

98 Camaro z28 vs 07 ss/sc

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 08:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
+1,000,000,000
Old 05-03-2007, 08:52 PM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
ricer excuse? its common sense dude, you have a 300+ hp car vs a 250+ hp car a little one sided don't you think? i have a car with a bigger engine and it has no problem beating my 2.0 ss/sc. hell it has no problem beating a lot of v8's but at the same time a mildly modded v8 will stomp it. and why is this you say? because of displacement, it makes more power. now i'm sure you know this but you just want to be dicks and argue. well you go ahead and have your internet pissing match children. i know what cars i have and what they can do. as far as we know you have a metro and a big mouth.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by OzzyruleZ
ricer excuse? its common sense dude, you have a 300+ hp car vs a 250+ hp car a little one sided don't you think? i have a car with a bigger engine and it has no problem beating my 2.0 ss/sc. hell it has no problem beating a lot of v8's but at the same time a mildly modded v8 will stomp it. and why is this you say? because of displacement, it makes more power. now i'm sure you know this but you just want to be dicks and argue. well you go ahead and have your internet pissing match children. i know what cars i have and what they can do. as far as we know you have a metro and a big mouth.
Yep, I drive a Metro, you got me.

Heres my Cardomain Page just to show you I dont drive a Metro.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2579818

Did I hurt your feelings since I called you out on the biggest and oldest excuse in racing? Like I said RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG, no excuses just race, if you don't have enough don't race and shut your mouth. It goes back to the fact where people on here (NOT EVERYONE) say an LS1 and a Mustang GT are "easy kills" then if they race one and lose then they go to it has a 4.6, 5.8, 6.0, ect. vs. our 2.0, it should have won.

If you or anyone that thinks the same way as you want to get any respect on the streets or at the track you need to leave the excuses at home. Alot of people here talk **** on other cars and your prolly one of them, then you get beat and go back to the excuses.

Like I said your an equall or a lesser car you cant be both.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:43 PM

Actually if you look at it from a technical standpoint, engine displacement is as the total volume of air/fuel mixture an engine can draw in during one complete engine cycle
the amount (in volume) of air and fuel that an engine can take in during one engine cycle. However much air is brought in (rated in atmospheric pressure of 14.7psi) during the time it takes for the piston to move from top dead center to bottom dead center. When you introduce boost you effectively increase the amount of displacement, but since it is at inconsistant pressure levels, we don't add the amount of displacement that a blower gives BUT, this is why twin screws and roots are called positive displacement superchargers because they are closest to consistant pressure levels as n/a is. When you are pushing 14.7psi, if you can cool the boost down to ambient (pretty hard with that kinda boost) you effectively double your displacement.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:25 PM

Hey!!! This is my pissing contest!!!

It's obvious there are some things some of us can't agree on. I agree with the Mustang guy (sorry. don't know your real name) about "run what you brung". To me, that's racing.

AAMOF, I'm a very big fan of bracket racing. It seperates the "affordablility" factor from the desire to race. I love to race, but I can't afford to do it regularly, nor have a 10 second car. But it also seperates the people who can't race from those who can race regardless how fast or slow the car is.

And please, all you haters, tell me where I said my car was faster than anyone else's? I don't recall doing so. I'm the ONLY ONE who's stepped up and posted my times.

Besides, just because my best that day was a 13.8 doesn't mean that's all my car will run. That's just all I've run so far. I was being very nice to the car since I did have to drive it home (~1 hr away) with the wife and kids.

This doesn't bare any relevance to the subject at hand, but just to give you an idea what it's like to drive my car....

I pull up to the staging lanes, drive around the water box, stab the throttle WITHOUT holding the brakes, do a 30' burnout to clean off the tires on dry pavement (FYI, It's rude to run street tires through the water box), back up back past the starting line, pre-stage/stage, wait for the tree to drop while holding the car at ~1,500 RPM (2,600 stall TQ), let off the brake and slowly depress the throttle up to ~3,000 RPM, then slam it to the floor so the mech. secondaries kick in, and still pull off a 2.00 second 60 footer. It takes a very gentle touch of the throttle, but I did it, suprisingly.

Just to give you an idea of what effect the 60' time has on your total ET.... my '92 Camaro RS with a TBI 305 also pulled a 2.00 second 60 footer, but ran a paltry 16.5 LOL

That's basically what I was trying to get across to some of you. If you people with Cobalt SS/SC's could get your cars to hook, you'd more than likely kill my car.

I'm only challanging cody because he started this ****. Calling me a ricer, and now some of you are implying I'm "gay". Grow up. I'm quite a bit older than many of you and the terminology I grew up with was a bit different than yours. When we called someone "gay", it meant (as Adam puts it) they have buttsecks. It wasn't a slang term we used to describe someone's terminology. If you picture a homosexual talking like that, then perhaps you spend too much time around "gay" men???

BTW, I have yet to see anyone in this thread post actual times. Come on, posers.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:30 AM

aj 92rs ...............you forgot walk away and brush your shoulder......
Old 05-04-2007, 03:43 AM

This thread must be powered by Energizer...it just keeps going and going and going..

I can't believe I've read all this...damn boring nightshifts *L*
Old 05-04-2007, 09:41 AM
Banned

An engine is an engine who cares how many cylinders it has?

Although there is a lot more to it than just HP output vs amount of cylinders. You need to add torque and gearing to all of the equations. It's just plain ricer to pull the stupid wow your V8 beats a four cylinder crap.

Although I must admit it was fun as hell to whoop on V8's in my SS/SC.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:56 AM

its a simple fact that a v8 will produce more power than a 4 cylinder. plain and simple. no excuses. we have a guy who has his balt modded to hell beats a z28 and you call bullshit because the v8 is so superior but yet when i say you better win because its a v8 you call me a ricer? what the **** kind of catch 22 **** is that? ignorance is running amok here.

I didn't buy a cobalt to be the fastest car around i bought it because its a quick daily driver that gets 35+mpg. i have my nissan for busting asses 4, 6, and 8 cylinders alike. but basic physics pretty much dictates that a 4 cylinder will need more mods to beat the 6cyl and the 6 will need more to beat the 8. All i'm saying is with most of the cobalts on here only a few are seriously modded so i would hope your ls1/ls2/4.6/5.0 wins especially being modded.

and codyss wtf dude? i've read your posts on the mustang forums when you had your ss/sc you're a troll and a half dude. as far as i'm concerned what you say has nil for value at least yellowgt isn't doing that ****.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:41 AM

its a simple fact that a v8 will produce more power than a 4 cylinder. plain and simple. no excuses. we have a guy who has his balt modded to hell beats a z28 and you call bullshit because the v8 is so superior but yet when i say you better win because its a v8 you call me a ricer? what the **** kind of catch 22 **** is that? ignorance is running amok here.

I didn't buy a cobalt to be the fastest car around i bought it because its a quick daily driver that gets 35+mpg. i have my nissan for busting asses 4, 6, and 8 cylinders alike. but basic physics pretty much dictates that a 4 cylinder will need more mods to beat the 6cyl and the 6 will need more to beat the 8. All i'm saying is with most of the cobalts on here only a few are seriously modded so i would hope your ls1/ls2/4.6/5.0 wins especially being modded.

and codyss wtf dude? i've read your posts on the mustang forums when you had your ss/sc you're a troll and a half dude. as far as i'm concerned what you say has nil for value at least yellowgt isn't doing that ****.
First what we said was a stg2 Cobalt can't beat a LS1 with a good driver. We never said a Cobalt can't and won't ever beat an LS1.

Sorry dude but everyone here thinks that "it has a bigger motor" is an excuse and that’s probably because it is one. You don't here me bitching if a V10 Viper beats me because it has a bigger motor. What you need to realize is that most of the V8 guys don't go picking fights with V6s and 4 bangers, you come to us. If you win its “HAHA You lost to a 4 Cylinder I’m a V8 killer” but if you lose you have a weak ass excuse like the one you’re using now. I also like how Cobalt can be moded but it’s not fair for a V8 to be moded. Like I’ve said time after time ITS A RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG RACE if you don't have enough then don't race. No one made you get a 4 cylinder or made you race any car, you chose to. If you don’t think it’s a fair race then don’t race. If you do race then you made that choice, if you lose, take the L and leave the excuses at home. If you ever said that in front of me and the people I race with you would be laughed at and made fun of until the day you die. Someone always loses in a race that’s how it is.
Heres a question if you beat a stock 5.0 or 4.6 Mustang (1987-2004) they could say “Well you have newer car, its lighter and its supercharged you should win” that’s and excuse and you would say it is one but saying “It has a bigger motor it should win” isn’t an excuse?
Old 05-04-2007, 11:58 AM

I think the whole engine is bigger or smaller issue is a joke personally. The v-8 guys usually have the disadvantage of weight, the 4's don't. The 4's have the disadvantage of torque and hp usually. It is all in what you want and how you want your car to react...it is always race what you bring...if you don't like those facts...bring a different car.

If I beat a v-8, I say nice race man. If I lose, I say...sweet car man. If you start yelling "oh yeah well"...I think it's time to step back and reconsider the possibility you don't know what racing really is.

No one is ignorant here. They have different classes for a reason in drag racing, but to use excuses if you challenge someone and get spanked...thats simply not cool.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Ibeatcorvettes
aj 92rs ...............you forgot walk away and brush your shoulder......
LOL

I did, didn't I.

I guess I didn't want to get anyone thinking "gay" thoughts again.

Anyway, I've certainly carried this conversation way too far. I'll admit it.

But it gets on my nerves when some movie uses a saying or term that's been around for YEARS before said movie was made, and all of a sudden people who weren't familiar with such sayings or terms make assumptions the sayings are new, and think the movie is their origin.

Maybe other examples will help clarify my point.

If a basketball team that's ranked #10 in the state plays against the #1 ranked team in the state championship game and wins by only one point, they're still the state champions.

If Bob weighs 100 lbs. and you weigh 100.0000001 lbs., you weigh more than Bob does.

If Steve makes $40,000 a year salary, and I make $40,000.01 a year salary, I make more money than Steve.

If a turtle crosses the finish line first because the rabbit fell asleep, the turtle wins!!!
Old 05-04-2007, 12:55 PM

me i don't make excuses. like i said i know what my car if fully capable of. i'm the guy that runs you then sits and bullshits with you whether i won or lost. i like the rush of adrenaline not my ***** is bigger than yours.

I'm just stating a fact here, the bigger engine has the advantage. and before you go ape **** AGAIN, i'm going to say this, my father builds race engines professionally he has a 9 second 383ci sbc in a chevelle. it is all motor, no juice, no turbo, nothing just 8 pistons, a carb, a 2 speed powerglide and 383ci of gas sucking madness. there is no way in holy hell a 4 or 6 cylinder will pull those numbers naturally aspirated, henceforth my original comment the v8 better win. the odds are stacked against the smaller engine any way you look at it. the smaller engine is relying on technology to try to overcome brute force. but if you introduce the technology to the brute force the smaller engine had better lose. if you don't like my logic bite me. i'm not some 18 year old punk that is going to listen to you spout your bs.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:34 PM

me i don't make excuses. like i said i know what my car if fully capable of. i'm the guy that runs you then sits and bullshits with you whether i won or lost. i like the rush of adrenaline not my ***** is bigger than yours.

I'm just stating a fact here, the bigger engine has the advantage. and before you go ape **** AGAIN, i'm going to say this, my father builds race engines professionally he has a 9 second 383ci sbc in a chevelle. it is all motor, no juice, no turbo, nothing just 8 pistons, a carb, a 2 speed powerglide and 383ci of gas sucking madness. there is no way in holy hell a 4 or 6 cylinder will pull those numbers naturally aspirated, henceforth my original comment the v8 better win. the odds are stacked against the smaller engine any way you look at it. the smaller engine is relying on technology to try to overcome brute force. but if you introduce the technology to the brute force the smaller engine had better lose. if you don't like my logic bite me. i'm not some 18 year old punk that is going to listen to you spout your bs.
No, you sound like you're a 16 year old punk not an 18 year old one. Maybe you should listen to my "BS" because it seems like everyone on here agrees with me that you need to leave engine displacement out of the picture. I guess I would have thought your engine building dad would have taught you this, ITS RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG. Its hard to believe that you just don't get that’s the way it is in racing.

I love how everybody on here builds or a family member builds all these fast muscle cars and that is why they should be right or they know what they're talking about. First I doubt you dad has this car running 9s with a small 383 with no PA but I don't really care either. Second even if he does your still full of ****. I know a V8 is a capable of making more power and I never said it wasn't you don't need to tell anyone that. So the "point" you trying to make isn't something that anybody doesn't already know.

This argument has to do with the fact that if a car with a 4 Cylinder engine wants to race a V8 that’s fine but don't go whining when you lose because it has 4 more cylinders than you so it should have won. A fast car is a fast car it doesn’t matter if it has 2 or 20 cylinders, all that matters is its fast.
Old 05-05-2007, 04:11 AM

go to gainesville raceway saturday nights, watch for a black and gold chevelle that says big iron on it. thats the car. go check it out.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:13 PM

but here is the problem. When you introduce forced induction you effectively increase displacement. Saying, "the v8 better win because it's a v8" or whatever is like saying, "that v6 better beat my v6 it has higher compression," or "that 4 better beat my 4 because it's dohc and mine is sohc.!" errrr....uhhhh good excuse?
Old 05-06-2007, 11:38 AM
Banned

OzzyruleZ, I had a 2003 Mustang GT before I had my SS/SC that is why I was on the shithole known as Mustang Forums.

I then bought my SS/SC and seen that some douche bags were talking **** about it on there, so I posted. Why because the SS/SC will kill a 99-04 GT Mustang they would like to think otherwise. Like I said I had a 2003 GT and a 2005 SS/SC so I would know.

It is as simple as that so don't drag this out for five pages.........
Old 05-06-2007, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by codyss
OzzyruleZ, I had a 2003 Mustang GT before I had my SS/SC that is why I was on the shithole known as Mustang Forums.

I then bought my SS/SC and seen that some douche bags were talking **** about it on there, so I posted. Why because the SS/SC will kill a 99-04 GT Mustang they would like to think otherwise. Like I said I had a 2003 GT and a 2005 SS/SC so I would know.

It is as simple as that so don't drag this out for five pages.........
oh god not this again. In stock form, since when does an ss/sc kill a new edge gt? since never. At least not 5-speed vs 5-speed. From a roll yes, but a drag...no.
Old 05-06-2007, 01:39 PM

Some of you really need to read up on LSX engines. There were numerous changes from 1998-2002 in the LS1, none of which made one year notably more powerful than the other.

-The 1998-1999 had a more specific cam with shitty tube style exhaust manifolds and EGR only.

- 2000 had better flowing cast exhaust manifolds, specific cam, EGR and AIR. They also had better placed catalytic converters.

- 2001-2002 had the same cast manifolds, only AIR and a generic cam used in trucks they also use the LS6 intake manifold. Some 2002's had LS6 blocks which some view as a bonus. The effect of the LS6 manifold is pretty much canceled by the less aggressive cam.

1BADSS/SC you must have one hell of a set up, simply put a SS/SC with under 280whp won't be walking a stock LS1 or LS2.

As for the LT1's they will still take a stock SS/SC but a Stage 2 should be able to edge one out from a roll.

I agree
Old 05-07-2007, 08:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 8cd03gro
oh god not this again. In stock form, since when does an ss/sc kill a new edge gt? since never. At least not 5-speed vs 5-speed. From a roll yes, but a drag...no.
Well first of all lets get the FACT straight that a 99-01 GT runs low 14's stock, so does a stock SS/SC.

The stories that a 99-04 GT is a 13 second car are garbage and the biggest load of **** to hit the internet.

When one GT out of 300 pulls a 13.9 that does nothing to offset the 299 low to mid 14's.

A LS1 or LS2 will pull a 12 with a super driver in perfect conditions. When a 99-04 GT runs a 13 it's a damn miracle or complete bullshit.

And not one 99-04 GT owner will acknowledge roll racing because the 99-04 GT hsa no top end. A SS/SC simply walks away from a roll a GT has no chance in hell. Assuming both are driven by equal drivers.

Period
Old 05-07-2007, 10:56 AM

Well first of all lets get the FACT straight that a 99-01 GT runs low 14's stock, so does a stock SS/SC.

The stories that a 99-04 GT is a 13 second car are garbage and the biggest load of **** to hit the internet.

When one GT out of 300 pulls a 13.9 that does nothing to offset the 299 low to mid 14's.

A LS1 or LS2 will pull a 12 with a super driver in perfect conditions. When a 99-04 GT runs a 13 it's a damn miracle or complete bullshit.

And not one 99-04 GT owner will acknowledge roll racing because the 99-04 GT hsa no top end. A SS/SC simply walks away from a roll a GT has no chance in hell. Assuming both are driven by equal drivers.

Period
"because the SS/SC will kill a 99-04 GT Mustang"

ok so are you retracting this statement, or still supporting that a car that has never hit 13's in stock form is faster than a car that has. I agree, the new edge gt's are low 14 second cars, but they are more consistantly low than the ss/sc, so "kill" is quite an exageration.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:35 PM
Banned

I can sit here and argue with Mustang fanboys all day long and achieve nothing. Like I said I had both and alot of my friends had Mustangs also while I had my SS/SC.

The only reason there isn't a 13 second stock SS/SC is traction not power, thus why a SS/SC traps higher than a GT and will easily take one from a roll.

If both cars could nail a 2.0 60ft the SS/SC will win in the 1/4. On the street I never had a problem.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:28 PM

I can sit here and argue with Mustang fanboys all day long and achieve nothing. Like I said I had both and alot of my friends had Mustangs also while I had my SS/SC.

The only reason there isn't a 13 second stock SS/SC is traction not power, thus why a SS/SC traps higher than a GT and will easily take one from a roll.

If both cars could nail a 2.0 60ft the SS/SC will win in the 1/4. On the street I never had a problem.
well traction is part of performance my friend. You will not get anywhere because you are a hardcore chevy fanboy that does not listen to reason. you say an ss/sc will "kill" a mustang gt. Very broad, general statement that is not true in the 1/4.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:03 AM
Banned

Thats why the equal drivers and conditions comment has been used so many times.

Yes most rookie and over zealous SS/SC drivers have major troubles getting traction but, have you ever seen how fast a stock SS/SC pulls on a GT even from a 25mph roll?

Mustang GT's just plain suck without cams or forced induction.........
Old 05-09-2007, 05:23 PM

Thats why the equal drivers and conditions comment has been used so many times.

Yes most rookie and over zealous SS/SC drivers have major troubles getting traction but, have you ever seen how fast a stock SS/SC pulls on a GT even from a 25mph roll?

Mustang GT's just plain suck without cams or forced induction.........
FORM A ROLL once again. traction = part of performance. in the quarter, even with perfectly matched drivers the gt should win. Yea it will get taken down from a roll, but making the general statement that, "an ss/sc will kill a 99-04 gt" is just wrong. All im saying is that statement is totally false when it comes to the 1/4, which is what most people will think you are talking about if you make a general statement like that. and i really don't see what you are comparing gt's too. The s197's trap 104ish, and can run mid 13's...for a brand new car at 26k msrp, i beleive that is the most bang for the buck out there right now. If you are comparing to your gto, there is a 6,000 dollar difference dude.

Quick Reply: 98 Camaro z28 vs 07 ss/sc