War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Admit it! Who has a Black/green cobalt and got waxed by me on the highway?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 08:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Admit it! Who has a Black/green cobalt and got waxed by me on the highway?

While not my personal choice to have painted the ground effects on a black cobalt ss/sc green, it is not my car so i'll withold judgement.

Anyways Saturday night i was on my way home to get ready for a work christmas party and i spied what i thought to be a highrise on a balt ahead of me, turns out it was.
we hit 4 lanes of open road and i drop to 3rd from about 65. I point forward and let the guy get the hit and im not so sure he just didnt put it in reverse the way i blew past him. By the top of 4th i probably had 15+ cars lol. Although i admit i should probably steer away from picking on what seem to be stock ss/sc's

Although immediatly after destroying said cobalt i look up to see a new mustang hauling ass up to me. He got on my ass and i noticed a billet grille and aftermarket wheels so he got next to me and i got giddy like a little girl for my first 5.0 race. FINALLY!!!

3 honked from about 65-70 and i start pulling away hard. WTF? Long story short its a 4.6 badged as a 5.0 with exhaust/intake/diablo tune only............ I can't express my sadness when he told me that.

It was fun regardless. Oh i also raced my buddies CSRT-4 again, he did some tuning with the MS1k and full bolt-ons and it looks like we might have a race again(i should be able to get that on film). On the E47 tune with 2 passengers and the hit i only got 2 cars on him. On 93 i think he will beat me

That was my weekend.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:06 AM

Awesome weekend of racing! I thought i did the same thing with a 5.0 cuz it was debadged, but he said it was a bolted and tuned 4.6 :/ ...btw are you sure the body kit wasnt just the standard ugly green that it comes in?? Or was it actually painted green?
Old 12-19-2011, 09:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you sure the balt was even racing?
Old 12-19-2011, 09:20 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by jmfselu
Awesome weekend of racing! I thought i did the same thing with a 5.0 cuz it was debadged, but he said it was a bolted and tuned 4.6 :/ ...btw are you sure the body kit wasnt just the standard ugly green that it comes in?? Or was it actually painted green?
there is no standard green for balts o_O

op, u mean its a black balt with the lips all painted like bright green? i think that could look kinda dooope
Old 12-19-2011, 09:25 AM

I do own a black and green cobalt but that wasnt me. Ive got no green on the outside except for the underglow lights. All the green i have is on the inside. I do want pics however of said cobalt wanting to know if this green body kit looked any good or if it was tacky.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by riceburner
there is no standard green for balts o_O

op, u mean its a black balt with the lips all painted like bright green? i think that could look kinda dooope
I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT A STANDARD GREEN COBALT, IM TALKING ABOUT THE BODY KITS. o_0!! Have you ever seen a body kit BEFORE its painted and what not. The resin they use to mold body kits is sometimes green. therefore, OP could have mistaken the GREEN resin to be paint. Just a thought.

sorry for the caps, im a designer, i stay in caps all day
Old 12-19-2011, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT A STANDARD GREEN COBALT, IM TALKING ABOUT THE BODY KITS. o_0!! Have you ever seen a body kit BEFORE its painted and what not. The resin they use to mold body kits is sometimes green. therefore, OP could have mistaken the GREEN resin to be paint. Just a thought.

sorry for the caps, im a designer, i stay in caps all day
I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN, I WORK WITH AUTOCAD ALL DAY SO STAYING IN CAPS IS NORMAL yea i see what you mean, i've seen that before haha.. nasty.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:33 AM

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN, I WORK WITH AUTOCAD ALL DAY SO STAYING IN CAPS IS NORMAL yea i see what you mean, i've seen that before haha.. nasty.
haha okay just making sure.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:40 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

haha okay just making sure.

still though i think black balt + painted green lips would b cool
Old 12-19-2011, 12:41 PM

It was a legit SS that had been painted mexico green. Had gauge, wheels, stock ss exhaust, etc.

Originally Posted by srt-10
you sure the balt was even racing?
Yeah pretty sure the 115mph trap car is gonna WTFrape a stock ss/sc and its 100-101 trap speed. Doubtful he was chasing me down from 100mph for a some more side by side cruising on the highway.

Originally Posted by eqaddictedfool
I do own a black and green cobalt but that wasnt me. Ive got no green on the outside except for the underglow lights. All the green i have is on the inside. I do want pics however of said cobalt wanting to know if this green body kit looked any good or if it was tacky.
Umm, did not look good. To me anyway.

still though i think black balt + painted green lips would b cool
I could handle some green things on the car for sure, calipers, badges even perhaps. But all GFX and the hi-rise = too much.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:54 PM

You were in Mexico racing, weren't you? So that would explain the horrendous "Fast and the Furious" style body kit and whatnot I know around here, lots of hispanic dudes around here love that look and rock it on every car they have
Old 12-19-2011, 05:01 PM

Where did you race him at? Because down here in beeville tx theres a old mexican dude in his 40s that bought my highrise and then a week later i see all his ground effects painted like the camaro green i was like
Old 12-19-2011, 05:08 PM

In austin. This guy appeared to be within 20-30 range.

FYI this car has a vatozone hood scoop that i just noticed i forgot to mention was in green as well.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by ford

FYI this car has a vatozone hood scoop that i just noticed i forgot to mention was in green as well.
whoa!! this is a big piece of information you left out. Thats another 25 HP EASILY!...guy should've rolled on you straight up!
Old 12-19-2011, 05:17 PM

dude it was him then!! I wonder if he was up there for visit or something
Old 12-19-2011, 05:27 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So you raced an stock ss/sc? Whats there to brag about? Lol wow
Old 12-19-2011, 09:21 PM

Lol^^.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:00 PM

haha i just ran my buddys bone stock 5.0 from a 60... seriously... DEAD even lol love those cars
Old 12-20-2011, 12:54 AM

I'm Gunna try to run a Balt tomorrow see how it goes he's turbo hptuned 22psi
Old 12-20-2011, 09:15 AM

Probably a 2.4 with SC gfx.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:57 AM
Banned

Well like I've said before. Street racing is like being in the special olympics, even if you win your still mentally challanged
Old 12-20-2011, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by demento
Well like I've said before. Street racing is like being in the special olympics, even if you win your still mentally challanged
So troll another part of the forum.

Originally Posted by Blowncavy
So you raced an stock ss/sc? Whats there to brag about? Lol wow
Why even let the world know you own a cavalier? Same reason i posted my kill, because it happened and it was fun. Ive raced cars with more power than all of the cars you have owned combined, if they have 50hp or 1200hp a race is a race is a race. The point of this wasnt so much omfg i killed a ss/sc, it was more the fact it was black/green and fugly as ****. I apologize if my intentions weren't spelled out for you. Not to mention there are other kills in the post as well, but reading > you.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:41 AM

So troll another part of the forum.

Why even let the world know you own a cavalier? Same reason i posted my kill, because it happened and it was fun. Ive raced cars with more power than all of the cars you have owned combined, if they have 50hp or 1200hp a race is a race is a race. The point of this wasnt so much omfg i killed a ss/sc, it was more the fact it was black/green and fugly as ****. I apologize if my intentions weren't spelled out for you. Not to mention there are other kills in the post as well, but reading > you.
haha well put.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by demento

Soooo you come to this part of the forum becauseee??..... Yeah
Old 12-20-2011, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by SSReepur
dude it was him then!! I wonder if he was up there for visit or something
Small world then. Does the cobalt you know also have blue hid'ish lights as well? Can't be too many cobalts modded this way.

Quick Reply: Admit it! Who has a Black/green cobalt and got waxed by me on the highway?